Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wow, that presser with Arteta was painful to watch. He looked to be on the brink of crying the whole interview
It's an emotional game but Arsenal are still a point clear with two games left so it's still there for them.

Newcastle well worth a bet on Monday now though....

cyberman

Things are going well and hes out waving his hands around, not letting the players even take a piss in peace.
Not playing well and its arms crossed staring into the void.
I cant stand him

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Horrible day at the office. Holding let the occasion get the best of him. I expect more from one of our more experienced players. Very soft penalty, though.

crossy1686

career ending
Things are going well and hes out waving his hands around, not letting the players even take a piss in peace.
Not playing well and its arms crossed staring into the void.
I cant stand him
It's weird isn't it? Systemic manager's constantly reminding players about the system they've been training them to play in. When it goes to shit they just give up and sulk

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What was he on about? He should be absolutely slating Holding for being an idiot
Nah, totally get protecting his players. They're going into the business end of the season completely depleted.

What's the point in all the ref nonsense though? Just move on - sweep it under for what it is, a bad day at the office. Say that no one had them down to be going into the final 2 games of the season with top 4 in their control, which is true, and in spite of the result, Spurs would sooner be in their position. Points on the board is what decides it.

Very odd and should probably have waited a bit before facing the cameras.

Morpheus 7

He's awful, no European football this season might be enough to sneak it. Long term though, going nowhere.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I actually liked Arteta but that United game was a real eye opener for me. It was insane how bad they were in that one

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Arteta really struggles to be likeable and comes across as deluded.

One slightly soft penalty and someone correctly being sent off for their own stupidity and he looks like he's going to cry.

He'd have been on the phone to the samaritans if he'd been in our dugout for the game against them.

Pintu

He is still going to make 4th, Spurs aren’t consistent enough and Arsenal will defeat N’Castle comfortably.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is still going to make 4th, Spurs aren’t consistent enough and Arsenal will defeat N’Castle comfortably.
Arsenal can lose to any team so I am not sure about comfortably. If Arsenal can't win the remaining 2 games and Spurs can, then they deserve the 4th spot. On paper it is still on our hand.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m baffled by the many here who have been talking up both him and Arsenal as what United should aim for.

Its clearly just replicating Oles tenure. One step forward two back. No real progress despite being several years in.

Not for me but great if Arsenal want to carry on with it

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
It's an emotional game but Arsenal are still a point clear with two games left so it's still there for them.

Newcastle well worth a bet on Monday now though....
Yeah, Arsenal are obviously hurting in the back. Maximin will be creating a tremendous amount of trouble for an Arteta defense that resorts to fouling the attacking players. Newcastle haven't had great results, of recent, versus the top 4 on the table, but Arsenal look like a wounded dog, at this point.

Wilt

Highlight being the post match handshake between the two managers ..…Arteta proving what a classless wanker he is.

AshRK

Always feel for a guy who has achieved nothing he has such a huge ego. He doesn't even look like someone from outside who you would like to have a chat with. You never got that feeling with even the most arrogant successful managers.

GledTheRed

feck him the jumped up cnut and his cnuty players. Used up all their luck against us and gave it the bug un.

Classless sulky wankers like Klopps boys.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He will likely get that 4th place anyway, because they play a couple of awful teams in the last fixtures, but as i've said earlier, i don't find it all that impressive tbh.

Mwooyo

He will likely get that 4th place anyway, because they play a couple of awful teams in the last fixtures, but as i've said earlier, i don't find it all that impressive tbh.
Getting CL is nothing special. Arsenal are not playing top level football. Every time I watch them, they look midtable good e.g westham or wolves levels. Nothing amazing about their football but the hype arteta gets is amazing. They will be back in this grind next season unless they drastically improve their style of play. I think they are basically following the Ole path with the only difference being that arteta is actually playing the youth while ole refused to do that. Eitherway, I Honestly wouldnt take arteta at manutd for free...atleast not until I see him take the next step in his coaching

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There is a thin line between the two and He just lacks that extra something to nudge him off from the the side of unlikable delusions of grandeur to a charismatic leader .

Cloud7

I would like to see Spurs get top 4 ahead of them just to see if/how the narrative on him shifts. I do not dislike Arteta, though thus far I am yet to see him as any different to Ole/Lampard/Gerrard in managerial terms, but the amount of praise he gets when there are managers like Potter doing much better is crazy.

It really feels like everyone has gotten it into their minds that because he worked with Pep that he has to have inherited some of Pep’s genius despite Pep being a generational manager, and they refuse to see otherwise when it comes to Arteta.