Mikel Arteta plays down speculation linking him to Barca job

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Surely this is a joke?

Have Madrid fans infiltrated Barca because the club seems adamant to destroy itself

Bojan11

Bit melodramatic

Would you say the same if Xavi came in?
That has always been the problem with our horsey. I am trying my best to fix it, so the blame is on me and I apologise.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't see what he's done to get himself a gig at one of the biggest clubs on earth and a club that really needs to get its wheels back on the track. Surely they should be going for an experienced head to steady the ship?

Maybe Moyes is available.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
It wouldn't surprise me if the speculation was conjured up by his own camp...

I've thought for a few years that Barcelona will do an us post Fergie, but x100, when Messi leaves. I'm absolutely certain of it now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seems about the level of total chancers they’ve mostly appointed in the last however many years.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The barcelona rebuilding job is even more challenging than Arsenal. The club is on the edge of being bankrupt, can't pay player's salary, but Fan's expectation is high. Arteta is not stupid, they may not even have money paying his wages next month.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Seems these never ending rebuilds and trust the process nonsense has finally hit the continent, first Juventus now Barca.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Isn't Cowman doing rather well lately. I hear a lot of people gushing over him giving young players a chance.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The barcelona rebuilding job is even more challenging than Arsenal. The club is on the edge of being bankrupt, can't pay player's salary, but Fan's expectation is high. Arteta is not stupid, they may not even have money paying his wages next month.
As an Arsenal fan you should be willing him to go. Get compensation for a shit manager to go, hire a good manager. Win-win. Pretty sure Ancelotti would swap Everton for Arsenal.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The board must have read the caf a few games after he was appointed Arsenal manager, seen he was the second coming of Jesus showing clear tactical nous and made they’re mind up then, just been waiting to pull the trigger on it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Barcelona is arguably the most poorly run club in world football. From a financial business perspective they're dumb, from a footballing perspective they're dumb. They're lucky they had Messi this whole time to paper over cracks but he could only do it so much.

AshRK

Him going for barca would be the best bit of business that Arsenal could do. As a rival fan I hope he never leaves.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely the City owners will catch this bug at some point?

Maybe Joe Hart to guide them through the post Aguero/De Bruyne rebuild!
You’ve gotta actually have legends to put a legend in charge :D

I could see Liverpool getting Gerrard though.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
As an Arsenal fan you should be willing him to go. Get compensation for a shit manager to go, hire a good manager. Win-win. Pretty sure Ancelotti would swap Everton for Arsenal.
I am happy with Arteta as the manager. I am very patient and I think he is doing a good job. Also why would Ancelotti switch when everton has more resources than arsenal atm?

Castia

Arsenal are on coarse to having their worst season in PL history, they’re struggling to hold onto 10th....weird one.

tomaldinho1

Isn't Cowman doing rather well lately. I hear a lot of people gushing over him giving young players a chance.
He is. People like to say they have this awful team that can barely pass the ball but the truth is they're still good just not anywhere near as good as they were. Their form's been pretty excellent and they might well catch Athletico. Not sure they'll overturn the CL tie though!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would be the silliest appointment seemingly being based on nationality and nothing else, since us and Moysie.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I am happy with Arteta as the manager. I am very patient and I think he is doing a good job. Also why would Ancelotti switch when everton has more resources than arsenal atm?
Well said Thierry. There's signs we can see what he's trying to do, we are playing more fluent in the main now, especially when we have our full strength team out.

Now we need to add a bit more quality & with that get a bit more consistency. Next season is when he should be judged more.

Siorac

Bit melodramatic

Would you say the same if Xavi came in?
Xavi has no achievements as a manager in European football. Arteta's achievement is turning Arsenal into a bona fide mid-table side. Shit football with shit results. He'd be a bigger gamble. And he's not a club legend either.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Xavi has no achievements as a manager in European football. Arteta's achievement is turning Arsenal into a bona fide mid-table side. Shit football with shit results. He'd be a bigger gamble. And he's not a club legend either.
He's top of the league in Qatar

RUCK4444

Imagine Messi’s face if Arteta turns up as manager :lol:

Seemingly a shite manager and not exactly a special player from their academy or anything. Absolutely no reason to go for him... bizarre if true.