Mike's 2021 Sheep draft: Ecstatic vs Chester

With players at career peaks, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I have participating in these drafts since 5 years. I had a competitive approach in the past. I was capable to write 50 posts in a single game thread for a R1 game (7 pages, against @2mufc0 ), repeating 150 times that Zico is a great footballer, that my player X is better the opposing player, etc.

If my goal was to try a max of voters, what would I have done? I would have done like a typical tactical setup done by Enigma_87 and I would have written some posts like:
Ballon D'Or Ronaldo > Ballon D'Or Ronaldo - CHESTER 1-0 ECSTATIC
Ballon D'Or Beckenbauer > Stopper Forster - CHESTER 2-0 ECSTATIC
Van Hanegem = Falcao - CHESTER 3-1 ECSTATIC
Fachetti = Cafu - CHESTER 4-2 ECSTATIC
Ballon D'Or Kaka > Zagallo - CHESTER 4-3 ECSTATIC
Ballon D'Or Platini > Ballon D'Or Rivera - CHESTER 4-4 ECSTATIC
Jaizinho winning the battle in 1970 > Littabarski - CHESTER 4-5 ECSTATIC
Leo Junior > Nelinho - CHESTER 4-6 ECSTATIC
Dynamite Lerby > Dungo Dunga - CHESTER 4-7 ECSTATIC

I would have tried to show I have a better team in several ways but what I am doing these days is just to try to tell a new story for each game, and the story was Brazil 1970 even if I knew Schevchenko is not Tostao, Lerby is not Gerson, etc.

Because you were saying shit with no background whatsoever, but sure I will be a bad guy always and you will go about it like nothing happened...
You are trying very hard to create a non-story, really. As you would have noticed, this is not getting a lot of traction so far.

People vote and comment the way they want, generally on a thread game.

For some reason - instead of posting here like everybody - you sent a PM about your vote in a provocative way. As a result, I have replied by PM in a provocative way: the key message was that you are not the first and last one to make fun of me.

For some reason - PM that are supposed to be private are posted here, and
For some reason - you did not put here your 1st PM but I am not surprised; and I wouldn't be surprised if you reply by adding/editing/modifying this1st PM you didn't share here later in this thread.
For some reason - your list of PM does not make sense, people can see what you wrote but nobody can see what I wrote.

Based on something that does not make sense, you are building a non-story that does not make sense. :)

show the PM that you deleted @Ecstatic
I change my vote because I thought Chester doesn't have a flaw in his team especially after gio post.
Ok.. I have played against the perfect team so I would assume there is an alliance Bepo/Jim/Gio/Theon!

Jim Beam said:
Diego thread needs you.
MAYBE???
In my Diego corner or a ban I will go but feckin hell.
Well, this is....
such a crock of shit!!
Good evening. :)
It looks like you are bitter because I have deleted my posts in the Maradona thread your created. :wenger:

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying the mess :drool:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I have participating in these drafts since 5 years. I had a competitive approach in the past. I was capable to write 50 posts in a single game thread for a R1 game (7 pages, against @2mufc0 ), repeating 150 times that Zico is a great footballer, that my player X is better the opposing player, etc.
That match thread really is an abomination.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying the mess :drool:
Brilliant gif about me :lol:

In the original post, I meant:
- Ronaldo against Scheva...and
- Dingo Dunga (not Dungo Dunga)

That match thread really is an abomination.
Yeah, my repetitive posts were ridiculous and childish.

I have also been abominable against you and @Gio in another game.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
If my goal was to try a max of voters, what would I have done? I would have done like a typical tactical setup done by Enigma_87 and I would have written some posts like:
I'm not sure if I should feel flattered or offended by this :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Flattered :angel: You avoid what I am looking for i.e. fighting losing battles and defend the indefensible:
- selling Camacho of the sweeper Dinu as a right-back,
- in the remake draft, saying that Xavi was the clone of Michel Platini
- saying Passarella is not a good defender, just known because he scored some goals,
- Redondo is not a good defensive midfielder, just an elegant player
- saying Brolin would be a great defensive midfielder, etc.

Himannv

There’s literally no draft where you don’t put up a good team so it should be flattering. But to me there’s always a “what if” with you. I mean what if you take more risks and build something a little bit different. With your knowledge, you can build some really unique teams and fit the right players for the tactics. Most managers can build a good 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 but you’re just so much better than that. Wow us more dude.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Flattered :angel: You avoid what I am looking for i.e. fighting losing battles and defend the indefensible:
- saying Passarella is not a good defender, just known because he scored some goals,
Camacho at RB was immense. I think I may have voted for you in that game

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It looks like you are bitter because I have deleted my posts in the Maradona thread your created.
:lol: Good one. Anyway, feck life without a little drama in it, although I took it too far as usual.

I didn't send you a PM in provocative way, I wanted to say to you that I hope my vote wouldn't be a decider because changing votes during the game can be quite annoying especially that late (I honestly wanted to tell you that I hope it won't be a decider as I didn't know that Chester hasn't put his vote). Unfortunately it ended up that way. You said that I put my first PM and here it is just like it was written.

don't be angry at me. I hope you win!!!
it was excatly what I meant. I hope my vote won't cost you. But, it did and then you went about it in a way that annoyed the shit out of me me. Calling some kind of alliance with me and theon is especially funny and theon knows why. It is what it is, I went too far as I already said. Mind you, I still think I picked the right team here.

Now it is done and this episode of Gilmor girls is over I think. Let's move forward.

Himannv

So all this drama was because JB tried to be polite and apologize for changing his vote but came off as condescending? I need to employ some of these tactics in my match threads to bring in more voters. Will try to insult Boris in our match thread and see if that sparks up something.

Enigma_87

You know who
Camacho pick was great in the end. :lol: I think I didn't agree at the time, but you won that game of two titanic teams.

That Dinu pick was also inspiring, albeit at RB.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. I've had some unsuccessful tries in the past, so that's drafts at the end.

Love your team here btw and voted for you, albeit I also like Chester's team, yours has more favorites of mine and the Kaka/Sheva link up has always been underrated.

Enigma_87

You know who
There’s literally no draft where you don’t put up a good team so it should be flattering. But to me there’s always a “what if” with you. I mean what if you take more risks and build something a little bit different. With your knowledge, you can build some really unique teams and fit the right players for the tactics. Most managers can build a good 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 but you’re just so much better than that. Wow us more dude.
Duly noted. Generally it has been in cycles and in the past I've opted a lot for 5-3-2/zona mista, but it's true that I rarely try more adventurous approaches. :)

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
The winning probability is highest with the 4231 though.

If I were to build a team to maximize my chances of winning, I'd go 4231 as well.

Simple yet super effective against almost every other formation. At least in drafts

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Duly noted. Generally it has been in cycles and in the past I've opted a lot for 5-3-2/zona mista, but it's true that I rarely try more adventurous approaches. :)
Bepo not allowing that tactical switch which you did great and really put something new with a team is still one of my favorite moments. :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
:lol: Good one. Anyway, feck life without a little drama in it, although I took it too far as usual.

I didn't send you a PM in provocative way, I wanted to say to you that I hope my vote wouldn't be a decider because changing votes during the game can be quite annoying especially that late (I honestly wanted to tell you that I hope it won't be a decider as I didn't know that Chester hasn't put his vote). Unfortunately it ended up that way. You said that I put my first PM and here it is just like it was written.

it was excatly what I meant. I hope my vote won't cost you. But, it did and then you went about it in a way that annoyed the shit out of me me. Calling some kind of alliance with me and theon is especially funny and theon knows why. It is what it is, I went too far as I already said. Mind you, I still think I picked the right team here.

Now it is done and this episode of Gilmor girls is over I think. Let's move forward.
I also took it too far by deleting some messages I wrote - but generally - I overreact some hours but always move on and forget :)

So all this drama was because JB tried to be polite and apologize for changing his vote but came off as condescending? I need to employ some of these tactics in my match threads to bring in more voters. Will try to insult Boris in our match thread and see if that sparks up something.
Yeah, he was suggesting that I could lose a game, something that has never happened from what I recall. I mean if you exclude some unions and the vote of unauthorized persons.

Camacho pick was great in the end. :lol: I think I didn't agree at the time, but you won that game of two titanic teams.

That Dinu pick was also inspiring, albeit at RB.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. I've had some unsuccessful tries in the past, so that's drafts at the end.

Love your team here btw and voted for you, albeit I also like Chester's team, yours has more favorites of mine and the Kaka/Sheva link up has always been underrated.
I wanted to sell Camacho as right-back and I was lucky that nobody did post the following video :D