Mike's Sheep Draft R1 - Sjor Bepo vs. King Kendrick

With players at their career peaks, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz

Sjor Bepo Tactics

Switcheroo between 442 and 433 systems, 11 hard-working players with all midfielders and attackers comfortabe in various positions and roles. In additions to 2 main transitions you have multiple options where Eto'o(or even Tevez) can drop into midfield and make it a midfield 5, which in transitions then you would need a striker that can hold up the ball so rest can join and there is Tevez who can protect the ball as good as anyone.
If both fullbacks find themselves up you have Edwards who can drop back and make it a back 3 or even Van Hanegem can do that like he did in the 74 team at times in addition to him dropping into LB role when needed like it was case in Feyenoord.

Defence:
Replacing Rio in the modern United Holy Trinity is probably the only player that is a clear upgrade on him given the style of play - Bobby Moore joining United greats Vidic and van der Sar.
On the left is one of the GOATs in his position Ashley Cole while on the other side we have Fazlagic who in his time would be the most expensive defender in the world if there wasnt for the horrendous knee injury, almost won the Euro with Yugoslavia but they lost in the Final replay against Italy, later he was named in the Team of the Tournament.

Midfield:
Duncan Edwards as a defensive b2b/defensive midfielder, providing cover for the Van Hanegem, De Bruyne and Best to do their magic. Best obviously the star of the team surrounded by selfless players around but also players that can very easily control and dominate the game on their own.

Attack:
When your attackers are the most hard working players in the team you know you are sorted. Both will do everything for the team and individually both capable of providing magic on the regular basis.

King Kendrick Tactics

1. In possession, Lizarazu has free reign to bomb forward, with Puyol tucking in to form a back 3.
  2. Stiles is my tenacious ball winner, doesnt need to be said but he was a world class DM and can recycle possession back to Lamps and Pep, can also tuck back in to form a back 4 with FdB covering for Lizarazu if caught out.
  3. Lampard my BBM, looking to run into the box late as his trademark, one of the top BBMs in the history of the Prem.
  4. Bergkamp playing slightly behind Drogba as the second striker.
  5. Guardiola plays slightly deeper looking to play in Hagi and and Bergkamp so they can create opportunities between each other and Drogba.
  6. Drogba is the king of getting something out of nothing, and with Hagi, DB, and Pep playing him in and Lizarazu crossing it in he should get the one chance he needs.
  7. His attack is better than mine, but my defensive setup even while in possession should be able to counteract his attackers to the point where I can nick a goal and hold out.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
good luck @King Kendrick
im first to admit i was never a fan of a classic diamond but just cant see yours work unfortunately, apart from Lizarazu nobody really that likes to drift out wide(midfielders and attackers) + Puyol at fullback.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Went with @Šjor Bepo purely because of the brilliant graphics and photos of players. They do make me very biased. Lets ban them from here on unless the manager using them is willing to make one for his opponent too.

You started off well @King Kendrick with the drafting. I was really looking forward to how you build on the Drogba/Lampard/Mbappe setup which had excellent Jose vibes, but I think along the way, the team lost its coherence. I don't know why Mbappe wasn't eventually in your plans but perhaps a left winger in place of Hagi/Bergkamp and Mbappe on the right in place of Guardiola (Jose would hate a player like him in his team, so Stiles needs to start) and you have a great team there.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What’s this moving formation business? I can’t concentrate on it.

I also hate the photos of players instead of a simple circle, it seems to fill the pitch a lot more

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I think King Kendrick would have been better off with a Magic Square here although he would still have the lack of the width on the right but would get more out of Guardiola and Lampard like that.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
What’s this moving formation business? I can’t concentrate on it.

I also hate the photos of players instead of a simple circle, it seems to fill the pitch a lot more
Draft Formation Graphics 101 - use big photos, full names and capital letters to fill that pitch up as much as possible. Particularly useful for narrow formations to pretend your team has width.

Lovely team @Šjor Bepo

Šjor Bepo

Is it a 433 or a 442?
both, the second i landed De Bruyne the setup was set. If you have the personnel IMO its the best system in football. You can pretty much go any route from there.
Cheers @Gio

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Sjor has just enough stars to sway this game. Best vs Puyol!

I don't really like his midfield (best apart) and Big Dunc and WvH are similar players and not really a complimentary pair. Also the 4-4-2 hybrid won't work at all. Stick with 4-3-3 and get some upgrades in attack and he should be fine.

Has a very good core and if he lasts past next round, would be a truly frightening team.

Šjor Bepo

Sjor has just enough stars to sway this game. Best vs Puyol!

I don't really like his midfield (best apart) and Big Dunc and WvH are similar players and not really a complimentary pair. Also the 4-4-2 hybrid won't work at all. Stick with 4-3-3 and get some upgrades in attack and he should be fine.

Has a very good core and if he lasts past next round, would be a truly frightening team.
Wont be going into WnH/Dunc debate as we dont know what type of player Dunc is, from what we know and that is almost nothing they are not comparable IMO

What intrigues me is why you think the hybrid wont work?

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Wont be going into WnH/Dunc debate as we dont know what type of player Dunc is, from what we know and that is almost nothing they are not comparable IMO

I think they are pretty comparable on the ball but I think the hybrid works very well too, especially in the 4-3-3 transition. If it was a setup without De Bruyne, i.e a general 4-4-2 with proper wide players, then I do think one of their games going forward in attack is impacted considering they both had the same favorite side.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Best position for both is best halfback, good on ball and box to box. Good defensively and offensively. I'd have either partnered with a more traditional DM who to anchor that middle. Not a Makelele type player, but someone good in distribution and controlling game from deep.

Šjor Bepo

Best position for both is best halfback, good on ball and box to box. Good defensively and offensively. I'd have either partnered with a more traditional DM who to anchor that middle. Not a Makelele type player, but someone good in distribution and controlling game from deep.
Guy played as a centerback and as a libero, surely he can play as a defensive minded midfielder? Mind you this wouldnt be a strict holding role as WvH can easily stay and protect on few occasions Dunc goes up.
As for distribution from the back Dunc was good on the ball and then you also have VDS, Moore and Van Hanegem. Not really interested in "control" of the game, its a more direct team but for the little control you need to have even in a direct team that can be covered by Van Hanegem.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't really like his midfield (best apart) and Big Dunc and WvH are similar players and not really a complimentary pair.
In what way? Because they both played closer to the left side of midfield?

Also the 4-4-2 hybrid won't work at all.
Why? It's often used to day and De Bruyne is pretty much the perfect player for that role.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Good to see De Bruyne getting so much apprecation in all time drafts (always like when an active player gets recognition as it is very rare). It is very easy to see him gel with many of absolute superstars. Great pick by bepo.

Enigma_87

You know who
In what way? Because they both played closer to the left side of midfield?
Apart from playing on the left side of midfield I really can't see any similarities. One is more of a playmaker with eye for the goal and not the most agile/fast players, whilst the other is the more defensive one, very agile and built like a tank.