Milan Skriniar

Mainoldo

These judgements are based on 1 game when he has proved his worth for more than a season.
Yeah but no one in Italy is claiming him to be the best defender in that league. He’s got a very good reputation but it has mainly been on what we seen today. Being a hard brut. I d never really rated him as being good enough of the ball to be the type of defender we need.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yep I still do. Inter are way behind us in terms of fitness + Conte is quite an ahole in training regimes which explains why Inter looked knackered. Skriniar is a great defender.
We’ve had 3 games and they’ve had 2. + our fitness levels were shocking for a long time now. That excuse won’t fly. Also defenders don’t exert as much energy.

He looked fecking shite and got thoroughly humbled by our youngsters. If that was Maguire in his place, he’d get slaughtered.

Let this Skriniar person stay at Inter and give me Maguire any day of the week. No more fecking gambles.

Redcy

Lack of play time and new role, do t make up for him being an utter POS. If that is the level we are after and type of person who lashed out when embarrassed, what’s he going to do week in week out?

Yeah but no one in Italy is claiming him to be the best defender in that league. He’s got a very good reputation but it has mainly been on what we seen today. Being a hard brut. I d never really rated him as being good enough of the ball to be the type of defender we need.
Inter generally shit themselves when he's on the ball. Good at other things, but he's not what we need.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You'll be one of the very few who think he's a great defender.
Most people who follow the Serie A knows he's a great defender. One game in preseason won't change that.

devilish

We’ve had 3 games and they’ve had 2. + our fitness levels were shocking for a long time now. That excuse won’t fly. Also defenders don’t exert as much energy.

He looked fecking shite and got thoroughly humbled by our youngsters. If that was Maguire in his place, he’d get slaughtered.

Let this Skriniar person stay at Inter and give me Maguire any day of the week. No more fecking gambles.
Well Maguire was usually in defences that got slaughtered week in week out. Hull leaked more goals then the titanic had leaked water and so did Leicester in his first year there. Its only last year that Leicester had leaked less goals then us, a season btw were they invested heavily in defense btw. That doesn't mean he's not rated (and often overrated) in here.

I think you're getting a bit overboard. Its just a pre season game were Inter are behind us in fitness and while getting used to a system he never played in. Also Conte is a big big ahole in terms of fitness. His players were clearly knackered.

Paxi

Well Maguire was usually in defences that got slaughtered week in week out. Hull leaked more goals then the titanic had leaked water and so did Leicester in his first year there. Its only last year that Leicester had leaked less goals then us, a season btw were they invested heavily in defense btw. That doesn't mean he's not rated (and often overrated) in here.

I think you're getting a bit overboard. Its just a pre season game were Inter are behind us in fitness.
Maguire has been making steady progress since his days at Sheffield United. He’s been excellent for all of his clubs and his country to boot. His career trajectory shows us that he’s ready for another step up. He’s proven in the PL and is someone who actually wants to play for us. I see no negatives in signing him apart from the price but that’s the way the market is so we just have to bite the bullet.

devilish

Maguire has been making steady progress since his days at Sheffield United. He’s been excellent for all of his clubs and his country to boot. His career trajectory shows us that he’s ready for another step up. He’s proven in the PL and is someone who actually wants to play for us. I see no negatives in signing him apart from the price but that’s the way the market is so we just have to bite the bullet.
So did Skriniar. Last year he was in the second best defence in the Serie A, a defence btw that leaked just 3 goals more then Juventus. That despite Inter has a way worse squad then Juventus does. Maguire on the other hand was part of the disastrous Hull defence, he was part of Leicester defence that was 5th worst in the league and his best season came last season, after Leicester spent heavily in defence which also included last year player of the year Periera. Despite all that he's seen as our saviour.

Really trashing Skriniar for 1 game, in preseason, at a time when he's adapting to a new system is silly.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I can count the games i've seen from him on my fingers but he never actually did good in any of the games. He played exactly like he did in this game, only more protected by players close by him. He'll not do well in the PL with the amount of pressing teams are doing and the general high tempo in most games.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He isn't best in Serie A as Koulibaly is. After that many are in contention, Skriniar is definitely one among them with very good case to be the best after Koulibaly.

roonster09

Scout
This. Having played the odd game as a defender in a 3, I can't tell you enough how difficult it is. Everything you think you know about positioning goes out of the window and you have to communicate so much more. It's really difficult to get used to.
Exactly and all these based on 1 game.

Paxi

So did Skriniar. Last year he was in the second best defence in the Serie A, a defence btw that leaked just 3 goals more then Juventus. That despite Inter has a way worse squad then Juventus does. Maguire on the other hand was part of the disastrous Hull defence, he was part of Leicester defence that was 5th worst in the league and his best season came last season, after Leicester spent heavily in defence which also included last year player of the year Periera. Despite all that he's seen as our saviour.

Really trashing Skriniar for 1 game, in preseason, at a time when he's adapting to a new system is silly.
He got on like a massive cnut, so hardly that surprising. It is a United forum after all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Having a cnut at CB isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. Some of the best CB's in the past were cnuts. Many of them in fact. Think Vidic would have taken it lightly going up against other promising youngsters, or would he have still played at 100% like he always did?

Red_toad

The knee-jerk posts in here judging him off a pre-season friendly when Inter are a week behind us in preparation :lol:

He's a top quality CB who'd improve us significantly.
He was made to look bad by some very inexperienced players. United weren't in great preparation for this game, flights from UK to Australia then to Singapore within a week isn't ever going to be great preparation. He's a vastly over rated player
Having a cnut at CB isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. Some of the best CB's in the past were cnuts. Many of them in fact. Think Vidic would have taken it lightly going up against other promising youngsters, or would he have still played at 100% like he always did?
Vidic was hard but fair. Skriniar is vastly different and isn't anywhere near the player Vida was, nor is he ever likely to be.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So it takes 90minutes for this guy to go from one of the best around to no better than Phil Jones :lol:

This is why I'd be delighted with the Maguire signing, even if we do spend more than some rate him...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was made to look bad by some very inexperienced players. United weren't in great preparation for this game, flights from UK to Australia then to Singapore within a week isn't ever going to be great preparation. He's a vastly over rated player

Vidic was hard but fair. Skriniar is vastly different and isn't anywhere near the player Vida was, nor is he ever likely to be.
Not saying he's anywhere close to the same level, just saying who actually cares if a CB is a bit of a cnut. He was being hard which is what CB's do. Not like he was going in studs up or actually looking to injure players.

Posh Red

Can you imagine if Maguire had just put in that performance. His transfer thread would be a sight to behold right now! I dare someone to tell me different

Andersons Dietician

Do have to wonder what game some were watching. Not to mention the amount of time he was out on that pitch in those conditions having to try and play out against us. He actually at times for me showed lots of defensive qualities and apart from 1 Greenwood bit of skill and Chong late on when he was clearly knackered he wasn’t really that destroyed as people seem to be saying.

Redcy

Not saying he's anywhere close to the same level, just saying who actually cares if a CB is a bit of a cnut. He was being hard which is what CB's do. Not like he was going in studs up or actually looking to injure players.
Debatable he was certainly looking to chop down players. Is that intentionally looking to injure or just “showing them hes there”?

R'hllor

Didnt watch any his games, so i dont know what kinda defender he really is, this friendly game wont change that but what i saw is that for some weird ass reason he turned into proper bafoon cnut in a friendly game no less.

Kag

Can you imagine if Maguire had just put in that performance. His transfer thread would be a sight to behold right now! I dare someone to tell me different
Most people that talk about this lad have never seen him play more than once or twice.

passing-wind

Short minded opinions, people should know that pre season is nothing after Pereria last year was the best player under Mourinho pre season. Look how that panned out.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
So many naive people judging players by summer friendlies especially players that have just started the new season by only a couple of weeks with a different coach and a different defensive system against a team that will play the first match in Premier League on the 9th august (while Inter will start the 24th of August)….

WireMUFC

Skriniar is a good player but massively overrated on here, he had an off day today and is usually better but I think the people who thought he was amazing had a genuine shock today because they seen him play for the first time outside of highlights on YouTube. :lol:

Maguire is far better imo.

Red_toad

So many naive people judging players by summer friendlies especially players that have just started the new season by only a couple of weeks with a different coach and a different defensive system against a team that will play the first match in Premier League on the 9th august (while Inter will start the 24th of August)….
People claiming he's a 'great' defender are well wide of the mark. Lad is vastly over rated by many. He's really not that good.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
People claiming he's a 'great' defender are well wide of the mark. Lad is vastly over rated by many. He's really not that good.
I don't care about people claims… all I see as Inter fan is that he's a wall behind the midfield, we love the guy even as person as he's serious and could be the future captain of the team….

Lee565

Typical modern day football fans where one good game and a player is world class and one off game in a bloody pre season game makes a player average.

RedDevilRoshi

Pre-season or not, if a Man Utd player put in a performance like Skriniar did today, this place would be in complete meltdown.

He was abysmal and nowhere near the hype this place gives him.

roonster09

Scout
I don't care about people claims… all I see as Inter fan is that he's a wall behind the midfield, we love the guy even as person as he's serious and could be the future captain of the team….
Exactly. Anyone who watched him knows how good the player is. It's silly to judge him on a preseason friendly game.

AJ10

He's a better player than what was shown today but :lol:.

What a tool.

Red_toad

Exactly. Anyone who watched him knows how good the player is. It's silly to judge him on a preseason friendly game.
I love how some are making out he's being judged on 1 appearance. He's never really impressed me and was shown up by the kids in the second half, so resorted to constant fouling. He's a decent defender, but not a great one.

nonetheless

Supports
Juve

Inter started preparation 9 days ago and Conte's training are hard so they are quite far away from you and they do not have any forward. Having said that Skriniar is a good marker but certainly not worth the type of fee Inter is looking for. I do not think he is even in the top 5 in Italy, let alone in Europe