Millen Baars

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
According to Ajax showtime, Ajax youngster Millen Baars has joined Manchester United.

The 16-year-old has been without a club since the summer after leaving Ajax and according to Ajax Showtime, Baars has now joined Manchester United.

The winger will join the clubs U18 side and becomes the third young Dutchman to leave Netherlands for the United academy in recent years after Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Tahith Chong. He will be available to play matches in January.

Baars was captain of Ajax’s B1 side last season but left after a disagreement with the Ajax coaching staff.

http://www.football-oranje.com/ajax-lose-talent-manchester-united/

Sent away Baars (16) makes dream transfer

Millen Baars will quickly begin an unexpected, but no less beautiful adventure at Manchester United. Sixteen-year-old winger had to leave early this season at Ajax and after a few months of patience rolled an absolute top club from the tube.

Bass, who has played last season for Ajax B1, the season would initially start at the same B1. Coach Gery Vink made the quick dribbler even captain, but not much later it became clear that perch suddenly left. A brief statement shows that "did not correspond to the strong character of Bass with the wishes of the upper trainers.

Young Baars, who last season joined the management of Stellar Group, now will play in the coming years at Manchester United, where Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Daley Blind under contract. Perch starting at U18 and his family currently looking for a home. Since January he can play official matches. In England he will continue former Ajax Javairo Dilrosun, Donyell Grinding Familia and Juan Castillo against.

Read more at https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/articl...rs-16-maakt-droomtransfer#v13JdG7eLKyyvEml.99

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He signed for Stellar group who are the agents of Shaw, Blind, Mensah and Chong.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Captain of the B1 group, does that mean he is captain of Under 18's or U-16's? If he was made captain, surely has to be highly rated?

Member 104911

@BvdPloegg Ajax academy expert who wrote the article commented on him: Millen is a very interesting player, quick, good dribble and has the ability to score a goal. Possibly lacks a bit on physique though.

Baars was substituded quite often last season but I asked about that and that wasn't because of his quality as a player but because of injuries.

Baars was actually eligible for the U16s last season but played almost all his matches in the U17s, looks like the club definitely rated him as a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoLogo

Well, it's looking like Van Gaal was right and "the club" was wrong.
I think that's actually one of his best assets is his eye for talent. He had his best ever time as a manager when he basically managed to for a group of talented youth players in to world beaters at Ajax. I half jokingly said we should restrict his spending to only u19 players and he would do better than buying the finished product, even though there is no way of knowing if that might be true, I still half believe it is, well at least he wouldn't have done much worse.

Member 104911

Apparently he has a difficult personality and was released by the club because of that after certain incidents.
That's what was said, but I don't think that's entirely true, he's signed by the Stellar Group and I think most of the problems between him and the club came because of them and not Baars

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
For what it’s worth (probably not much), transfermarkt has just changed his club into United U18.

top1whoisman

Scout
Or Henny de Regt, as far as I know Baars was originally recruited from an amateur club by Ajax and De Regt was head of academy recruitment when he was recruited
Good stuff. For how long did he play at Ajax? Any clue whether he’s youth capped internationally yet?

SteveW

Somebody must rate him highly if there's a 5 minute highlight video on youtube. From the video he seems to be tall, pacey, have good balance and a nice range of passing. Look forward to seeing him in the u18s

donkeyfish

@BvdPloegg Ajax academy expert who wrote the article commented on him: Millen is a very interesting player, quick, good dribble and has the ability to score a goal. Possibly lacks a bit on physique though.

Baars was substituded quite often last season but I asked about that and that wasn't because of his quality as a player but because of injuries.

Baars was actually eligible for the U16s last season but played almost all his matches in the U17s, looks like the club definitely rated him as a player.
Same was said about Rashford and Lingard. I think one of the things the Ajax academy does so well is the ability to look past a possible lack of physique at youth level.

If true, he needs to play catch-up. But that's "easy" if he's just maturing more slowly than others.

Member 104911

Good stuff. For how long did he play at Ajax? Any clue whether he’s youth capped internationally yet?
Not sure how long he played there. He hasn't been capped but was on the stand-by list for the U16s in February, that might have been because of injuries though.

top1whoisman

Scout
Not sure how long he played there. He hasn't been capped but was on the stand-by list for the U16s in February, that might have been because of injuries though.
Considering Ajax’s policy with even U16 players, do you know if he was close to debuting for Jong Ajax in Jupiler League? I know he’s quite slim so I guess that could be why not, as well as the injuries.

Leonard17

Considering Ajax’s policy with even U16 players, do you know if he was close to debuting for Jong Ajax in Jupiler League? I know he’s quite slim so I guess that could be why not, as well as the injuries.
Jong Ajax is their 2nd team, as in Reserves. No way he would've been anywhere near that team.

top1whoisman

Scout
Jong Ajax is their 2nd team, as in Reserves. No way he would've been anywhere near that team.
Yeah, I know. Just thought that the Dutch 2nd division isn’t nowhere near as physical as, say, English lower leagues.

Member 104911

Yeah, I know. Just thought that the Dutch 2nd division isn’t nowhere near as physical as, say, English lower leagues.
2nd division is probably more physical then the first but he was not near Jong Ajax, if he stayed at Ajax he wouldve probably played for the A2 or U18s, maybe a few games for the U19s but he was probably 2 seasons away from Jong Ajax.