Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Have let the server expire now as I've been tightening the purse strings recently. I can imagine next year when the caves update comes out could be a good time to start a new one. I have been playing a new single player mode on 1.6.4 on large biomes and it's been so fun again to have so much content in the game that I don't know about, feels akin to playing the game for the first time. I've found four cave spider spawners right near each other, spent the last week turning them into one big combined XP farm :lol:
How much does it cost? I think we can chip in near the time the cave update comes along?

Didn't really have time when we've tried to revamp it the last time; I've been meaning to do more redstone & farming — did a big gold farm, a guardian farm and a nice-looking skeleton farm last time we were goofing around, hopefully I'll be able to create more complicated contraptions by myself now. The sculk sensor should create so many new red stone possibilities as well!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
How much does it cost? I think we can chip in near the time the cave update comes along?

Didn't really have time when we've tried to revamp it the last time; I've been meaning to do more redstone & farming — did a big gold farm, a guardian farm and a nice-looking skeleton farm last time we were goofing around, hopefully I'll be able to create more complicated contraptions by myself now. The sculk sensor should create so many new red stone possibilities as well!
Wasn't a lot, £15 a month maybe? Happy to resume it when the time comes. Was more doing a personal experiment of how much monthly spending I could chop in one go a few weeks ago. Really excited for the cave update and to continue learning all the new additions currently in the game now!

The Purley King

Calling all caf minecraft experts.
My kids are now getting into this and I have little idea wtf is going on.
They play on iPads and my son has asked if he can get the Star Wars worlds.
I said ok but cannot find it in the marketplace.
Google tells me something about forge but is that when you play on a computer only?
Advice appreciated !!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Was suggested this video by Youtube and the shaders/texture pack that starts at about 0:50 looks so sick. Tried it on my PC but can only get about 30fps, definitely going to build a new PC later this year in time for the cave update. Will look so sick :drool:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Was suggested this video by Youtube and the shaders/texture pack that starts at about 0:50 looks so sick. Tried it on my PC but can only get about 30fps, definitely going to build a new PC later this year in time for the cave update. Will look so sick :drool:

You mean on the next caf server? ;)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Looked really good until he was getting 1 fps!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ive been meaning to go back for 1.18, just looking at the previews of the world generation overhaul it looked awesome. Will probably just set up a local server/world for the missus and I to play on, as the Caf servers have been a bit of a struggle the last few iterations :(

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Ive been meaning to go back for 1.18, just looking at the previews of the world generation overhaul it looked awesome. Will probably just set up a local server/world for the missus and I to play on, as the Caf servers have been a bit of a struggle the last few iterations :(
Maybe this time would be different:cool:

harms

Staff
Thought of bumping this but yeah, they seemed to die out quite quickly :(
I'd be up for playing though. The caves are great.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Im happy to fund it again. I’m moving house in January, we could register interest until then and then I can set one up?

I’ve barely explored this new world and have already found the most amazing terrain, caf server would be class, particularly with so many new features I’ve purposely not learned yet.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The girlfriend and I would be up for it. Also happy to help with funding.

harms

Staff
Yeah, funding is certainly not an issue, I’m pretty sure that we can all chip in!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Just built a new PC as well with a 3080 ti. Getting a solid 60fps with 36 chunk render distance and shaders installed, adds so much to the game!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink

rcoobc

Could do but looks a bit techy. We got no worries for funding.

@harms I'm down! Can set it up whenever really, be nice to get more people signed up before the actual launch.. get tagging all previous players! @I_live_cement @blythy
Yeah get an actual launch date and time. That'd be cool. Might get a few attend.

I'll do my usual start building a base and never finish it

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Yeah get an actual launch date and time. That'd be cool. Might get a few attend.

I'll do my usual start building a base and never finish it
I took the liberty to purchase a server and get the plugins etc sorted out beforehand (no exploring though :angel:). Will be 1.18.1 and I imagine we all would be happy with minimal plugins due to it being a big new update? Just with Essentials basically i.e. /tpa /spawn plus Coreprotect for rollbacks and the ability to move spawn. The spawn area actually seems kind of trash which I like as it encourages some exploration!

It's only $20 per month, like I said I'm happy to fund it indefinitely but if we end up playing it for a long time and anyone wants to pay for a month or whatever that's not a problem either.

Think I will add Lockette so people can lock their chests if they wish to, not that there's really any need but the options there.

rcoobc

I took the liberty to purchase a server and get the plugins etc sorted out beforehand (no exploring though :angel:). Will be 1.18.1 and I imagine we all would be happy with minimal plugins due to it being a big new update? Just with Essentials basically i.e. /tpa /spawn plus Coreprotect for rollbacks and the ability to move spawn. The spawn area actually seems kind of trash which I like as it encourages some exploration!

It's only $20 per month, like I said I'm happy to fund it indefinitely but if we end up playing it for a long time and anyone wants to pay for a month or whatever that's not a problem either.

Think I will add Lockette so people can lock their chests if they wish to, not that there's really any need but the options there.
$20 per month is crazy!

rcoobc

Oh well it does the job nicely, is easy to use for me and of the 3 recommended companies it was the best value for money! Server is basically online and ready for players now :D
Shall we launch Friday?
Or tomorrow?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Woooo let’s go. Need to remember to download the update tomorrow