Mino Raiola has died

EngimaMK

My life's great, how tragic is yours that you make assumptions about other people's based on a single post?

I'm responding to the comments about his ability as an agent. Nothing personal against the guy, he was just one of many. He didn't have any relevance to my life when he was alive and he doesn't now he's died. Nobody here is a friend or relative of him, I don't think it's necessary to speak positively about him just because he died. People die all the time.
I said this the other day and people went mental.

Fake emotion from people wanting to look good on the Internet.

EngimaMK

False sentiment is one of the greatest contrivances of the internet age; saying 'RIP' isn't some qualifier to then go on to state what you really think and feel, least it shouldn't be.
Bravo.

Redlyn

False sentiment is one of the greatest contrivances of the internet age; saying 'RIP' isn't some qualifier to then go on to state what you really think and feel, least it shouldn't be.
You can not like someone's character, what he did, and genuinely wish them to Rest in peace (as opposed to wish him to burn eternally). I am sorry you are unable to wrap your head around this. Somehow you think one precludes the other.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You can not like someone's character, what he did, and genuinely wish them to Rest in peace (as opposed to wish him to burn eternally). I am sorry you are unable to wrap your head around this. Somehow you think one precludes the other.
There isn't anything genuine in conflating the two. It's farcical to say RIP about anyone and then go on to slate them; if you've got to go through the pretense, at least get the insincerity in the right order! RIP after the character assassination. At least that looks better for the rest of the intended audience.

Charles Ufarley

I can't pretend to be sad about it in the slightest... He did nothing good for our club and was nothing but trouble.

UncleBob

He was a great agent.

Ask Ibra, Nedved or Pogba and they will tell you the same.
Great agent for certain type of players, really. Maximize profits for player and himself, feck everyone and everything else. Inflating agent fees to the extreme, both in relation to contract renewals and transfers. Zlatan at Ajax, Donnarumma at Milan, Pogba at United before leaving for Juventus.

I think he could've achieved same results without the noise, but without the noise Raiola doesn't really exist and he always needed to show how important he was.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I can't pretend to be sad about it in the slightest... He did nothing good for our club and was nothing but trouble.
While he may have been good for his clients, he wasn’t good for football - in any way, shape or form and football will not miss him in the slightest.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Is it a case of his clients now being without an agent or are they still tied to an agency firm that lives on in spite of Raiola's passing?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I never understood how his clients could look at the enormous cuts he took for himself in some of those deals and still believe that he was getting the best deal possible for the them. Would love to hear from players what made them choose and stick with him tbh.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I never understood how his clients could look at the enormous cuts he took for himself in some of those deals and still believe that he was getting the best deal possible for the them. Would love to hear from players what made them choose and stick with him tbh.
They got massive salaries and pretty much took care of everything. There's a reason they all love him.

Someone

Something
I see nothing wrong in criticizing someone who just died. Nobody is walking to his family to badmouth him, we're in a football forum.

Personally I think his impact on football has been terrible, he destabilized his players frequently to push for moves to make himself more money. Agents traditionally receive their money from those they represent, but him and others made receiving a cut from clubs normal. Players have made great money and had great careers before the likes of Riola existed, now we live at an age where agents are making a fortune and players are running down their contracts left and right. His players can like him all they want but we don't have to. How can football benefit from having hundreds of millions going to agents every year?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I never liked him. However there's a softer side to the guy. I remember when Balotelli hit the pits. His contract had expired, the guy was all over the place and no one wanted to touch him even with a barge pole. Mino spent half a summer begging clubs to take him. That was around the time Pogba was moving to United for the second time and Mino himself said that he had spent as much time on the Balotelli deal to Nice as he had spent with the Pogba deal. Mino was a savage in terms of negotiating deals and some of what he did went beyond decency. However he always took care of his clients.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
You might criticise him but if you were a player he's the agent you would want

RIP Mino, one of the true great characters of the game

Lecland07

I see nothing wrong in criticizing someone who just died. Nobody is walking to his family to badmouth him, we're in a football forum.

Personally I think his impact on football has been terrible, he destabilized his players frequently to push for moves to make himself more money. Agents traditionally receive their money from those they represent, but him and others made receiving a cut from clubs normal. Players have made great money and had great careers before the likes of Riola existed, now we live at an age where agents are making a fortune and players are running down their contracts left and right. His players can like him all they want but we don't have to. How can football benefit from having hundreds of millions going to agents every year?
It is a bit weird, though. You don't have to send your love and change your profile picture to Raiola, but it is odd people are bringing up his impact on football. He was doing his job.

Nobody here knows what he was like in person, so it is strange that people have such a dislike of him. Football is nothing, in truth.

devilish

First of all Mino squeezed every possible cent out of the clubs which benefited both. Secondly he had this rare knack of listening to players and to get them what they wanted. For example the Donnarumma family got rich thanks to him. Gianluigi Donnarumma squeezed every cent of Milan before moving to PSG. Meanwhile his far less talented brother Antonio got a 1m euros a year salary from a cash strapped Milan despite being shit as a condition for Gianluigi to sign a contract extension.

devilish

You might criticise him but if you were a player he's the agent you would want

RIP Mino, one of the true great characters of the game
yes and no.

Someone like Scholes or Gaz who wanted to build a legacy at one club would have hated him. Raiola didn't necessarily pushed players out of the club but his scourged earth tactics in a bid to squeeze every cent out of the club made it very difficult for club and player to build a solid relationship. However for the average joe who saw football as a job were one can get rich very quickly then Mino was his man.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The abrupt end of any human life is tragic regardless of his/her reputation or general insolence. Football is inconsequential at the end of the day.

Someone

Something
It is a bit weird, though. You don't have to send your love and change your profile picture to Raiola, but it is odd people are bringing up his impact on football. He was doing his job.

Nobody here knows what he was like in person, so it is strange that people have such a dislike of him. Football is nothing, in truth.
I don't think anyone cares how he was on person, but rather his impact on football, which is fair enough.

Stacks

Always secretly liked him. Got the job done for his clients which meant he came into conflict with clubs but that's the business. We lost one of the most influential in the game. I remember reading about when he started out telling a chairman of a club in Holland or Italy "you know nothing about football" very straight talking. And he told the Swedish fans to f themselves over the Zlatan move. Had me rolling.

Stacks

If it was so awful why top players gravitate to him? He obviously great at his job. Of all agents Harland chose him

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
My feelings exactly, couldn't stand the mention of him. Obvioulsy not happy about it but sort of "good riddance to bad rubbish"

Stacks

Got us Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, Pogba all while we were shit. Probably others
My feelings exactly, couldn't stand the mention of him. Obvioulsy not happy about it but sort of "good riddance to bad rubbish"
Never good riddance when someone died in football unless they have committed serious crimes. It's only bloody football

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is it a case of his clients now being without an agent or are they still tied to an agency firm that lives on in spite of Raiola's passing?
Depends on the mandate they signed, a player would usually be tied with the company for a specific duration and not with the agent himself but the contracts signed by very high profile players are so specific that they could have intuitu personae provisions or stuffs like that.

Barthez

When people put 'RIP, condolences to the family'....who exactly are they talking to?

Honestly don't get it
Me too. He was a sh1te bag and thousands of us here on the caf hated the bloke. One more leech out of the game, although pity he just didn’t retire other than how he actually exited.

abkmufc92

All these fake bullshit RIPs for a person you never cared about in the first place.

Tavern in the town

I don’t particularly care for Raiola and I’m not going to pretend to be sad about a bloke I’ve never even met, but the people in this thread spouting the whole “good riddance” thing are very strange.

Classical Mechanic

Most people that are 'shocked' and throwing out RIPS are just reflecting on their own mortality. He was 54 which is well below life expectancy for a wealthy European man. It's a bit of a slap in the face.

Stacks

Me too. He was a sh1te bag and thousands of us here on the caf hated the bloke. One more leech out of the game, although pity he just didn’t retire other than how he actually exited.
So if you don't like how a man goes about his business you are happy he dies? bit extreme no? you'd have thought invaded the Ukraine.

Barthez

So if you don't like how a man goes about his business you are happy he dies? bit extreme no? you'd have thought invaded the Ukraine.
Couldn’t care less about him no. Didn’t say i’m
Happy he died, I said I wish he had just retired from the game the dam leech

beer&grill

Imagine hating someone you’ve never, hasn’t done anything to you and isn’t a criminal. Some guys really need an identity outside of football.:lol:

And I’m in no way his fanboy, my life isn’t affected by this news, as it was also the case when he milked Glazers or other rich owners for million of pounds.

beer&grill

Couldn’t care less about him/hated him as well as thousands on the caf. Pick one

Stacks

Couldn’t care less about him/hated him as well as thousands on the caf. Pick one
With the whole "leech" thing. well hate to break it to ya, they are all leeches. Owners, players the lot. See how Messi, with a net worth of $300 million, only PSG could afford his wage demands? So he still needed an amount that only one club could afford (£25 mill per year after tax) for a guy who is on the decline. I wonder why Mbappe and Pogba have yet to agree deals with new clubs? could have something to do with excessive wage demands from already rich players been paid already exorbitant sums. Its part and parcel of the game. Everyone is trying to get "theirs."

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Depends on the mandate they signed, a player would usually be tied with the company for a specific duration and not with the agent himself but the contracts signed by very high profile players are so specific that they could have intuitu personae provisions or stuffs like that.
Informative, thanks!