Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

bdspeedy

I saw a documentary recently describing the difference between a football agent and a catfish. Apparently one is a scum sucking, bottom feeding scavenger and the other is a fish.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Is this thread because of Pep's comment about Raiola? Dunno if He really offered Mkhi two months ago since Mkhi was already at Arsenal.. :confused:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Meh. Agents act on the demands or wishes of their players. They would have talked at one point and said they were open to leaving, he went go behind their back and offer players who dont want to leave. So hes whatever. All on the players themselves.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's just doing his job. It's a pretty scummy job but if the player didn't want an agent like this he wouldn't have hired him.

If I was a player, I would want someone like this as my agent. He can do all the dirty stuff and everyone would blame him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's the most ruthless agent in football. I'm sure he'll have more superstars in his stable soon that we'll all be jizzing over
Who will be wanting out within 5 minutes of arriving. Sir Alex was a brilliant judge of a man. And he that this moron for the moron he is.

Give me a proper football anyday over superstars who keep disappointing.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
He's the most ruthless agent in football. I'm sure he'll have more superstars in his stable soon that we'll all be jizzing over
He has Kluivert, but reportedly De Ligt has stepped over to him recently too...

Also seen (creepily) tapping up 14-year old Barca talent Xavi Simons from the window of a van

Traub

If I was a top player, he’d be my first choice as an agent. Whatever his clients want, he gets.

RoyH1

He's such an incredibly shady and detestable character, that even another weasel of the highest calibre like Florentino Perez refuses to deal with him personally.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is incredibly good at his job. I'd want him as my agent.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
All of you complaining and whining should stop seeing him and this situation as a football fan or even a United fan and look at it from a business/money making perspective, then you will understand it better. Thats how he looks at it and thats why he succeeds.

Theonas

Scout
Who will be wanting out within 5 minutes of arriving. Sir Alex was a brilliant judge of a man. And he that this moron for the moron he is.

Give me a proper football anyday over superstars who keep disappointing.
Not just Sir Alex. I think it is pretty well established that Real Madrid refuse to work with him. We were desperate however and in a market where we did not offer the chance to be competitive, we had to pay over the odds and not be picky with who we were dealing with. We basically were acting like if an armchair fan was running the club.

Revaulx

There is nothing like that.
This is a profession.
Well yes, but you can use loyalty to your professional advantage. Just like you can with being a cnut. Fergie was prepared to go along with Mendes because he knew where he stood.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Clubs break gentlemen agreements with players all the time. Agents acting like ruthless negociators (cnuts if you prefer) when representing their clients are just leveling the playing field in negociations.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
All of you complaining and whining should stop seeing him and this situation as a football fan or even a United fan and look at it from a business/money making perspective, then you will understand it better. Thats how he looks at it and thats why he succeeds.
I'll complain as much as I feel like. I know he's driven to get his clients as much as possible, and himself. But he's a dirty character and offering Pogba to City, no matter the angle, makes me want the club to cut all ties with him. I'd want those players that have him as their agent to choose between him and the club.

It's not surprising that being in business with this scumbag has lead to this, I did expect problems down the line. And here we are.

With regards to agents on the whole, UEFA has to step in and curb this madness. There is another thread on that: UEFA considering cap on fees that clubs pay to agents

I don't doubt Pogba knew of this and his weak "say what" crap leaves a lot to be desired. If that's how he wants to play, he may as well f off.

Classnordic

I'll complain as much as I feel like. I know he's driven to get his clients as much as possible, and himself. But he's a dirty character and offering Pogba to City, no matter the angle, makes me want the club to cut all ties with him. I'd want those players that have him as their agent to choose between him and the club.

It's not surprising that being in business with this scumbag has lead to this, I did expect problems down the line. And here we are.

With regards to agents on the whole, UEFA has to step in and curb this madness. There is another thread on that: UEFA considering cap on fees that clubs pay to agents

I don't doubt Pogba knew of this and his weak "say what" crap leaves a lot to be desired. If that's how he wants to play, he may as well f off.

Agreed, "Say what" is incredibly weak. This is a big enough drama/problem, he should elaborate further, that is ofc if he´s "innocent.

Miscemayl

He's not going to come out and say "I told him to offer myself to City".

"Say what" is the best you can get without him outright lying.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's just doing his job. It's a pretty scummy job but if the player didn't want an agent like this he wouldn't have hired him.

If I was a player, I would want someone like this as my agent. He can do all the dirty stuff and everyone would blame him.
Yep, also ignoring the fact that a) he's not an idiot and wold have known there was no chance of either Mhikitaryan or Pogba going to City, so if he did offer them it would have been to give him a card to play in negotiating better terms elsewhere (Mhiki was obviously in contract talks with Arsenal and Pogba is getting paid significanty less than others at United), and b) Pep is prone to talking some absolute shite when things don't go his way or when people criticise him...in this case, both applied.

Snafu17

IIRC Roc Nation Sports only handle the off the pitch stuff.

prath92

I read somewhere though that Boateng has both Roc Nation and Raiola representing him? Maybe the Bayern fans could shed some light? @Balu @Blackwidow

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There could be a grand theory here that if Pogba remains with Raiola, he's got one step out. Lukaku obviously likes where he is and decided to change agents so he isn't put on the shopping window every other season.

Snafu17

Oh that's really useful then, if it's true. Hopefully Pogba follows suit.

Last edited:

onemanarmy

Then again,

Don't know what to believe. Belgian newspaper:

Voor alle duidelijkheid: Lukaku laat zich in Europa nog altijd vertegenwoordigen door Mino Raiola, een Nederlandse Italiaan die het als voormalig pizzabakker schopte tot manager van enkele vooraanstaande voetballers, waaronder Lukaku. De deal met Roc Nations Sports gaat louter over zijn commerciële belangen aan de andere kant van de plas
Roughly translated:

To clarify: Lukaku is still represented in Europe by Mino Raiola, a Dutch Italian who, as a former pizza baker, made it to the position of manager of several leading football players, including Lukaku. The deal with Roc Nations Sports is purely about his commercial interests on the other side of the ocean

NinjaFletch

Don't know what to believe. Belgian newspaper:

Roughly translated:
David Amoyal is part of Di Marzio's crew who seem to get their scoops directly form Raiola himself. I could be wrong, but I would suspect they might be right on this.

Although given that they've used a picture of Pogba, I think, with Lukaku's head photoshopped onto it maybe we should remain sceptical.

Irrational.

Brilliant move Lukaku.

There should be some sort of governing body for footballing agents that limits what they can earn and stops them becoming money-grabbing cretins like Raiola.