Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

pascell

Good on Lukaku if it's true, he knows he's got something special at United and he seems to love playing for United.

I also think Pogba feels the same, he wouldn't move from United unless forced out and I don't think we'd force him out, why would we?

clarkydaz

Good on Lukaku if it's true, he knows he's got something special at United and he seems to love playing for United.

I also think Pogba feels the same, he wouldn't move from United unless forced out and I don't think we'd force him out, why would we?
Lukaku is Jose's main man, he must feel top of the world. Pogba and Jose it appears are not a natural fit

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Raiola is cnut, but he’s the epitome of a self made man. Read a very in depth article about him few months ago. It’s an impressive read. He’s unscrupulous, which makes him a great agent, if not an honourable one.

pascell

Lukaku is Jose's main man, he must feel top of the world. Pogba and Jose it appears are not a natural fit
With regards to Pogba, I think it's Jose telling him one thing in one ear and Raiola telling him the opposite in another. Jose will have been punishing Pogba for his poor performance vs Spurs away by dropping him, whilst Raiola tells him he deserves better and he's the best player in the world.

I don't think it's Pogba and Jose aren't a natural fit, it's more like Jose and Raiola aren't a natural fit. I think Jose wants to make Pogba a more disciplined player, show him what he's doing wrong but can't because Raiola tells him differently.

NYAS

Well DiMarzio's camp have firmly said that Lukaku has "ended his relationship with Raiola"...that's a pretty concrete claim to make so I'm not sure about all this stuff saying he's only got Roc Nation for commercial reasons in the States. I mean he plays in the UK, is from Belgium and has no relation to the US at all. Why would he need a whole new agency to do that for him in America? Will he get another agent for the Far East too?

Also that first journo's tweet isn't really accurate because Romero is a Raiola client so it's not just Pogba remaining.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Yeah, I think that article is right.
Don't think he's actually ditched Raiola. He will still in charge of the football/transfer side of Romelu's career from what I can find.

I remember reading that news about Lukaku signing for Roc Nation more than a month ago, seems like just a deal to optimize the commercial side.

This is an insta post from 28th of Februari, so yeah...

redpatron

roc nation? lol they are scumbag agency backed by a bigger scumbag agency, CAA. They are horribly run, and mismanaged by people who shouldn't be in the business.

I hope for Lukaku sake he didn't ditch Mino, he does his job well and take care of his clients. Roc nation is a company I don't want near the club, especially with how many young black players we have.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People give Raiola stick for no reason.
A player does not move unless he wants to move.

Prodigy24

roc nation? lol they are scumbag agency backed by a bigger scumbag agency, CAA. They are horribly run, and mismanaged by people who shouldn't be in the business.

I hope for Lukaku sake he didn't ditch Mino, he does his job well and take care of his clients. Roc nation is a company I don't want near the club, especially with how many young black players we have.
What's so bad about Roc nation? Just wondering since I know absolutely nothing about them, only that Jay Z is or was once involved.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

Don't know much about them, but back in 2016 they were also targeting Rashford. No idea if that ever materialised.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So what do you make of the Pogba situation?

It looks very likely that Raiola offered him to City. When the news broke Pogba tweeted something along of "Say what?", which implies he knew nothing about it. After the City game Pogba goes to the fans to gesture for them to ignore the papers.

Somebody is bullshitting, or Pogba knew nothing about Raiolas attempts to stir up interest.

Adisa

So what do you make of the Pogba situation?

It looks very likely that Raiola offered him to City. When the news broke Pogba tweeted something along of "Say what?", which implies he knew nothing about it. After the City game Pogba goes to the fans to gesture for them to ignore the papers.

Somebody is bullshitting, or Pogba knew nothing about Raiolas attempts to stir up interest.
We don't know the details. Players get offered to clubs all the time. His "say what" could have been in response to suggestions he's willing to go there.
Gerrard said Fergie tried to sign him. These things happen. Ultimately, a player will only move to a club unless he wants to go there. His agent cannot force him.
Raiola being Pogba's agent doesn't make it more or less likely that he will leave. The same with Lukaku being represented by Roc Nation.

pocco

loco
We don't know the details. Players get offered to clubs all the time. His "say what" could have been in response to suggestions he's willing to go there.
Gerrard said Fergie tried to sign him. These things happen. Ultimately, a player will only move to a club unless he wants to go there. His agent cannot force him.
Raiola being Pogba's agent doesn't make it more or less likely that he will leave. The same with Lukaku being represented by Roc Nation.
When they don't want to leave? Any examples that it happens all the time?

edcunited1878

Have you guys not watched Entourage? Mino is Lukaku's agent/manager, but Roc Nation now will assist Rom with many avenues off the pitch and football aspect of his life.

Adisa

When they don't want to leave? Any examples that it happens all the time?
Ferguson said it in his biography, Mourinho said it in the summer so it's perfectly reasonable to suspect it's a normal occurrence.
Agents are there to get the best deal for their clients. That's their role whether we like it or not.
Keane in his biography said his agent told him he had huge offers in Italy even though he wasn't really interested. These things happen.
Bottom line is, Pogba will be here as long as Pogba and Man Utd want. Raiola has little influence on that equation.

Adisa

Have you guys not watched Entourage? Mino is Lukaku's agent/manager, but Roc Nation now will assist Rom with many avenues off the pitch and football aspect of his life.
Di Marzio is saying Lukaku has cut ties with Raiola.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Largely the case, yeah.

Raiola is probably a bit of a dick and a fairly irritating figure for clubs to have to deal with, but he's ultimately representing his clients and taking advantage of the fact he's working within a money-driven game where he can make a profit. If United want to cut ties with him and feel he's not an agent they want to work with then fair enough; but ultimately football is filled with figures who, agents or otherwise, associate with clubs to boost their own pockets and not out of any deep-seated loyalty.

If Pogba wants to move and is being greedy, then that's probably reflecting his own personal greed as opposed to Raiola, since Pogba's a grown adult who can make his own decisions. It reflects back to the first page and the post made about Zlatan supposedly deliberately injuring VDV - yes, if Raiola encouraged it he's a cnut, but if Zlatan hypothetically actually did that then he's also a cnut for going through with it.

Adisa

I remember when Sterling's agent was public enemy no1.
When people thought his agent was trying to create a situation.
Turned out Sterling actually wanted to move.
Pogba does not need to know he was offered around by his agent.
Even if Pogba did not know, it doesn't make what Raiola did wrong.
Raiola was doing his job by looking for who can give his client a better deal and better playing conditions.

pocco

loco
I remember when Sterling's agent was public enemy no1.
When people thought his agent was trying to create a situation.
Turned out Sterling actually wanted to move.
Pogba does not need to know he was offered around by his agent.
Even if Pogba did not know, it doesn't make what Raiola did wrong.
Raiola was doing his job by looking for who can give his client a better deal and better playing conditions.
Ok if you believe that then fair enough. I just don't agree that Raiola is getting abuse for no reason, as you said. You don't think doing that is going to piss of supporters? As if we should just bend over and go "yeah we want to see him do well, he's our most talented player and he wants to stay, but you see if you can take him away. That's fine."

Adisa

Ok if you believe that then fair enough. I just don't agree that Raiola is getting abuse for no reason, as you said. You don't think doing that is going to piss of supporters? As if we should just bend over and go "yeah we want to see him do well, he's our most talented player and he wants to stay, but you see if you can take him away. That's fine."
Maybe I should have framed my comment differently. Of course, it would piss off supporters. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think another agent would act differently. Raiola has made the mistake of talking himself into an awkward position, where this has been made public.

JohnnyKills

If Pogba wants to move and is being greedy, then that's probably reflecting his own personal greed as opposed to Raiola, since Pogba's a grown adult who can make his own decisions.
Disagree with this actually. Pogba seems like a bright, nice lad but he's only 24 - an age when most lads are still pretty immature. He has also been a professional footballer since the age of 16 so hasn't had the same education many of us have been privileged enough to receive. He's being pulled all over the place by various hangers-on and millions of pounds rest on his decisions. And everything he does is in the public eye.

It's perfectly easy to imagine how someone like Raiola would use those factors to manipulate Pogba and push him into doing things he might not actually want to do.

Greck

I don't believe for a second thar Raiola didn't offer Pogba to clubs. It's exactly how we lost him the first time. The man is an enabler who should never be let near the ear of any young player. Possibly because he knows what he has to gain from the player moving.

tenpoless

To be fair being an agent is just another job. The players are the employers, They can stop using the agent's service if They want.
But in football big agents have too much power because They are the agents of a lot of good or talented players, that surely is affecting football transfers where the market is determined by the star players and the upcoming talents. Something needs to be done about this. There should be a limit of how many players an agent could 'take care', prevent them from piling up the upcoming talents or star players. I doubt Raiola would have so much power if his client are only Zlatan and Pogba, the same with Jorge Mendes.

prath92

Supporters aren’t relevant for an agent. For an agent, the important thing is getting the best deal for his player. Raiola might go one step further but that’s why he is a super agent.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I guess this is plan C?

RedPamie

I laughed reading that to be honest. It also means the club has hard stance over not selling Pogba. This is ground work for next summer move.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Big fan of Pogba but this is pretty classless if he's allowing his agent to say this on his behalf.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What did Paul Scholes say that triggered this? Pogba should do something about this, he was given the captaincy (though Valencia is injured), which is as high an honour as you can get playing for this club. I'm sure he won't fire him but atleast get him to give an apology to the club.

That being said, if Scholes did criticize Pogba recently, I think this comment is more a dig at Scholes to challenge him that if he doesn't like Pogba then he should become the sports director and sell Pogba himself. I don't necessarily think it's Riaola saying that he wants Pogba to be sold. Obviously insanely dumb of him to make those quotes, and again illustrates how volatile a character he is, but I don't think its worrisome in terms of him wanting to sell Pogba urgently.

SammyUnited_83

People need to accept that Pogba doesn't want to be here.

Why any player that supposedly loved / respected the club would let his agent do this is beyond me.

Hopefully next time we will buy players who want to play for us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Raiola is such a classless wanker.

Castia

Why any player that supposedly loved / respected the club would let his agent do this is beyond me.

I think he wants to play for the club just not the manager.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

This.

If this was happening at any other club we’d call it like it is. Only cos lots of reds have a sentimental attachment to Pogba are we pretending that Pogba wants to stay.

Pogba started a ruck with Jose after being made captain hoping for a meltdown and an excuse to leave. Mourinho diffused that so Raiola goes and has a pop at Scholes and brings up selling Pogba. Now if Jose doesn’t defend Pogba against Scholes, again, we’ll get another #pogfeelings Mourinho doesn’t support me enough.:rolleyes:

The guy wants out.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Forgot I created this thread :D just posted this in the Pogba "I wasn't motivated thread"..