Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

ZDwyr

So I've only been following United loosely for the past 6-8 months and am not fully across the Pogba situation. When we signed him he seemed really, really glad to be back. What has changed since then? Does this all stem from that spat with Mourinho last season?

Woodzy

What does he mean with the sleepless nights thing? That it would be hard finding a new club for him, ergo the sleepless nights?
Either being sarcastic, implying it wouldn't be difficult. Or he means that so many clubs would be in for him he would have too much work to do.

Either way, he's a bellend.

Snafu17

What does he mean with the sleepless nights thing? That it would be hard finding a new club for him, ergo the sleepless nights?
"I would work really hard just to get him out of there if Scholes was a DoF" I think. Either that or sarcasm.

He's clearly attacking Scholes, rather than the club though, what with mentioning him twice in two tweets.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I read it as saying he would work as hard as ever to make it happen if the club is willing to let him go.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Well we've bought the full package so enjoy the ride, we sure did when he was throwing chairs at BVB, was obvious he'd grace us with the same behaviour sooner or later because why not.

the_irish123

He is trying to create turmoil; an environment where we have to sell Pogba = $$$ in his pocket. Some agents do it less blatantly..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I read it as saying he would work as hard as ever to make it happen if the club is willing to let him go.
I read it as he doesn't really know how to process his own thoughts and structure sentences to convey them because he's more pig than human.

tenpoless

Pogba needs to shut him up. If Pogba won't do it or worse, is fully behind his doughnut of an agent then feck it, let him go. This is unacceptable.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I read it as he doesn't really know how to process his own thoughts and structure sentences to convey them because he's more pig than human.
Also that.

I think @ErranMorad has it right though. This is more a sarcastic dig at scholes' opinion of Pogba than anything else.

AngliaRed

Maybe if he didn’t whore off his starmwn to half of Europe and shut his fat mouth the club and player will settle and get on with the season ahead!!

BootsyCollins

Either being sarcastic, implying it wouldn't be difficult. Or he means that so many clubs would be in for him he would have too much work to do.

Either way, he's a bellend.
"I would work really hard just to get him out of there if Scholes was a DoF" I think.

He's clearly attacking Scholes, rather than the club, what with mentioning twice in two tweets.
He is being sarcastic. Means it won't be very hard to find Pogba a new club.
Ahh ok. I though my english failed me, but the sarcastic part is my take on it to.

He is Pogba´s agent, i understand that, but to put those statements up there when i think its pretty clear we wont sell him confuses me. How in the world would that help Pogba? Even in the long run i dont get it.
Just stay quiet and help your player behind the scenes.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Maybe if he didn’t whore off his starmwn to half of Europe and shut his fat mouth the club and player will settle and get on with the season ahead!!
He wouldn't have been whoring his starman out if his starman didn't allow him for it. We've heard from Raiola that he was trying to get him to City what, half a year ago? If Pogba was so dissatisfied with it, he would've gotten rid of him by now, he hasn't, wonder why.

Beagle

In a game full of players trying to simulate officials, writhing in pain from bullet wounds at the slightest contact and generally acting like clowns we are supposed to have problems with agents not being honourable?

This is the modern game. It is inundated with investment from so many areas there's definitely going to be people who will chip in for middleman fees. This particular one seems to be better than most at what he does. If you think Fergie wouldn't stand guys like this or do business with them if he was managing today, you're in denial. Fergie was a great visionary along with being a top manager. His ability to adapt from medieval to modern football is his remarkable achievement. He would definitely adapt to the way the game has evolved.

Raiola is a top agent. He has represented Pogba brilliantly so far and there's no reason for the player to not trust him. He helped the guy secure a starting place(first team rotation at the least) in Juve when he was 6-7th choice at United. Think about that from the player's perspective and ask yourself why he should have any doubt on his agent having his best interests.

It's not just individual abilities and coaches'/managers' contributions that help develop a player these days. Agents have a big say in few cases too. Any good manager will know that it is in their best interest to maintain a good relationship with football agents, especially one that has numerous high profile clients.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What did Paul Scholes say that triggered this? Pogba should do something about this, he was given the captaincy (though Valencia is injured), which is as high an honour as you can get playing for this club. I'm sure he won't fire him but atleast get him to give an apology to the club.

That being said, if Scholes did criticize Pogba recently, I think this comment is more a dig at Scholes to challenge him that if he doesn't like Pogba then he should become the sports director and sell Pogba himself. I don't necessarily think it's Riaola saying that he wants Pogba to be sold. Obviously insanely dumb of him to make those quotes, and again illustrates how volatile a character he is, but I don't think its worrisome in terms of him wanting to sell Pogba urgently.
He said United have no leaders, looking at Pogba specifically.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we end up selling Pogba I'd like us to ask Lukaku to switch agents or sell him too next summer. We can't be dealing with this piece of shit.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I can’t believe this shite.

I’m done with the club as things stand.

It’s a fecking circus.

Is it too much to ask for everyone to focus on football?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
At this point Pogba either bins Raiola or he leaves the club. No way should you keep an agent if he's tweeting shit like that without your blessing.

pascell

If we end up selling Pogba I'd like us to ask Lukaku to switch agents or sell him too next summer. We can't be dealing with this piece of shit.
We knew what we were getting into with him, he behaved the same way towards Juventus to get him a move to United, now he's doing the same to us. Can't help but think the relationship between United/Jose soured with Raiola over Mkhitaryan and how he was treated.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
:lol: what a joke. It’s funny, whenever our players were written off under Fergie which was a lot they would just keep quiet and do their talking on the pitch. Now we’ve got Pogba getting loads of criticism then dropping a 1/10 on the pitch and his agent responding to criticism like that. Embarrassing stuff.

Baxter

Agent standing up for his player. Shocker. Especially when it seems a bit toxic just now.

The same people with a problem with this, probably thought Mourinho ripping into Scholes was fair game.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
No-one is surprised an agent would like to support his player. I think it's the fact his comments are public and childish.
And that he's implying we should sell the player. All of this presumably with Pogba's blessing.

hungrywing

And he posted this right before.

I very rarely use smileys, but that almost made me bust out a laughing smiley.

Was pretty clear that Pogba thought he was 'being a leader' with that 'not the right attitude' statement. It was very cringey, like watching someone imitate taking accountability.

Some 'fatherly' support there from Raiola doubling down; both completely out of their depth in terms of the 'leader' thing.

What Pogba did is actually the opposite, and the fact that he doesn't instinctively realize that is actually a strong indicator that he'll never even come close to having a high-level leadership mentality.

Member 90887

I think he wants to play for the club just not the manager.
People needs to stop with this BS. this has nothing to do with the manager. it's quite clear that Jose is not gonna be here next year.

He needs to make his agent shut up. We paid a world record fee for the dross he's serving up each week. i can count his world class performances for us on one hand.

Perform, that he can open his mouth. it would have been De bruyne, Salah or Hazard. you'd understand where he's coming from as he would be in a position of force. But Paul did nothing for most of two years with us.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yup.

Mendes isn’t great, but he seems to have some grasp of the concept of loyalty. This one is just a cynical cnut.
He is very loyal to his clients, to be fair. Always works hard to give them the best deal, be it on one club (Nedved) or changing the club often (Ibra).

No idea why people expect an agent whose work is to get the best deal for his clients, to be loyal to some clubs. He it totally classless - no doubt about it - but if I was a good football player, I would have wanted him to be my agent.

If he was De Gea's agent, De Gea would have had now 2-3 UCLs medals in his home, playing for Madrid.

Snafu17

And that he's implying we should sell the player. All of this presumably with Pogba's blessing.
It's now what he's implying though. He's implying it he would find Pogba a new club if Scholes had any real say at the club.

Member 90887

I can’t believe this shite.

I’m done with the club as things stand.

It’s a fecking circus.

Is it too much to ask for everyone to focus on football?
What does that have to do with the club ?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I do remember lots of people saying this was a possibility when we went after so many of his clients. Two have left now and Lukaku changed agents. Just Pogba left. He'll be off in January no doubts. Barca can have the circus for 150m.

I hope this is a valuable lesson learned. To never deal with the fat cnut ever again.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Most overrated player on the planet and the most odious agent in football trying to hold the club by the balls...

And we're allowing it to happen...

Dark days

JoaquinJoaquin

I thought he was represented by both now (for different purposes). Great if he's no longer with Raiola though.
As far as I was aware, Roc Nation took his full contract on. Might be wrong, but sure that was the deal at the time.