Mino Raiola talksport interview

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
After watching Haaland score twice tonight I hate this fat feck even more.

I hope his players ditch him and he disappears into the pizzeria from whence he came. A parasite.
Great player agent, his job is it to protect the interests of the player. He got Haaland a club where he can score and develop further. Got him a buyout clause to sign later for an even bigger club and get a big signing bonus, cause the new club saves a lot of money on the transfer fee.
And for that Raiola gets handsomely paid, win-win for the player and the agent.

Irrational.

Great player agent, his job is it to protect the interests of the player. He got Haaland a club where he can score and develop further. Got him a buyout clause to sign later for an even bigger club and get a big signing bonus, cause the new club saves a lot of money on the transfer fee.
And for that Raiola gets handsomely paid, win-win for the player and the agent.
He may be a great agent but he's a terrible human being. I just hope clubs take note and stop dealing with him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This makes no sense. Both the agent and the player want the highest transfer value possible. The agent because he gets a percentage of the transfer price, and the player because the salary, upfronts, and add-ons are relative to the fee. Raiola definitely benefits by unsettling a player, but he wants it at the highest price. That’s why he says United are at fault for mistreating his best in world world class player, who will be even more world classier at a proper club who respects his value by offering a massive transfer fee.
Yeah, I don't think that's any golden correlation you've identified. You could just as well argue that a club can dish out more on wages and agent fees if they don't have to break the bank to pay the player's current club for his services.

Meep

This POS sadly rubs off on Pogba. He needs to get rid of this idiot.

Robertd0803

Some epic backtracking in his latest interview. Wonder was he told cop on or is it just more mind games.

mu4c_20le

Some epic backtracking in his latest interview. Wonder was he told cop on or is it just more mind games.
Either the first one or he expected us to lose and it backfired. If we lost, no doubt he'd either stick the knife in, or just sit back and let the press do the talking and bask in our misery. Hopefully he lost a good chunk of money betting on the chavs.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Any club that would have an interest in signing Pogba next summer can't be impressed with the circus.

That's why he is backtracking.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Play him during the last 5/10 matches of the season if he is ok, expect him to perform at the Euros for France, sell him and move on. Mendes and Raiola are 2 snakes, the only difference is that Raiola makes a lot of noise. Pogba should already left this Summer, he is a very good player but for whatever reason he doesn’t have a leadership mentality for a player of that level, better for him to return to Italy.

Mainoldo

Simon Jordan roasted that snake Raiola! That was beautiful to watch.
Simon Jordan didn’t win that argument. Raiola controlled that conversation and you could see why he’s so powerful. Jordan was just going round in circles.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Simon Jordan didn’t win that argument. Raiola controlled that conversation and you could see why he’s so powerful. Jordan was just going round in circles.
Yeah anyone who thinks talkSPORT did a good job there is deluded. Raiola won easily.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Going round in circles? Yeah, he hit him with a few nice choices. Raiola tried to labour the point about owning a human being - trying to frame the debate into something nonsensical and kept harping on about Pogba being committed to United...until the Euros. He came off as someone who isn't used to being challenged. Thought Simon did a great job and as a United supporter I am thankful. This is not to say that of course Raiola is acting on Pogba's behalf. That much is obvious.

Yeah anyone who thinks talkSPORT did a good job there is deluded. Raiola won easily.
How did he "win"?

Mainoldo

Going round in circles? Yeah, he hit him with a few nice choices. Raiola tried to labour the point about owning a human being - trying to frame the debate into something nonsensical and kept harping on about Pogba being committed to United...until the Euros. He came off as someone who isn't used to being challenged. Thought Simon did a great job and as a United supporter I am thankful. This is not to say that of course Raiola is acting on Pogba's behalf. That much is obvious.

How did he "win"?
Jordan just came across aggressive and a bully. The only reason why you liked it was because you don’t like Raiola. They were suppose to be having a conversation about Pogba then Jordan seemed to want to talk about his old Club owner grips to which Raiola invited him to his office to discuss. Where exactly did Jordan win the debate?

Did he get Raiola to say he was exploiting United? No

Did he get Raiola to admit they was exploiting the game of football. Yes if Jordan also wants to explain what his ideas are for transfer fees, club ownership and sponsorship fees (Nice City Segway).

I think it’s important to not let emotion take over and just for abit of personal knowledge. Actually listen to two intelligent people speak. It gives you an insight on Football and maybe you’ll stop making crazy accusations driven by your heart.

Talksport are scum just like Raiola. He came on to desensitise what he put on social media the other night whilst they tried there best to sensationalise it again. Was bloody funny.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jordan just came across aggressive and a bully. The only reason why you liked it was because you don’t like Raiola. They were suppose to be having a conversation about Pogba then Jordan seemed to want to talk about his old Club owner grips to which Raiola invited him to his office to discuss. Where exactly did Jordan win the debate?

Did he get Raiola to admit they was exploiting the game of football. Yes if Jordan also wants to explain what his ideas are for transfer fees, club ownership and sponsorship fees (Nice City Segway).

I think it’s important to not let emotion take over and just for abit of personal knowledge. Actually listen to two intelligent people speak. It gives you an insight on Football and maybe you’ll stop making crazy accusations driven by your heart.

Talksport are scum just like Raiola. He came on to desensitise what he put on social media the other night whilst they tried there best to sensationalise it again. Was bloody funny.
Sure, Simon Jordan was aggressive and impolite, in fact, direct to the point of anger, frustration at least. Raiola kept his calm. But what was said didn't reflect well on Raiola. Jordan aired quite a lot of criticism and Raiola came across as a politician being hounded by the public. You could say that's winning, but for me it isn't. Just because there's emotion doesn't mean there isn't logic. And you think Raiola came there to deescalate the situation? Sure, hit the nuke button one day, deescalate the next, rinse repeat. He's there to keep the story about Pogba in the press. What happened was the negative opinion of him (and quite possibly Pogba) was verbalised publicly. It wasn't a contest, but the rat got called a rat. For that I'm grateful.

edit: Agree about TS.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
His tactics to lower force a move for Pogba will backfire. Most clubs are watching,some clubs may decide to stay away because the circus+the astronomical transfer fee may outweigh his talent.
It's never a good idea to burn bridges with a former employer,the person's new employer may have a word with the old one and the person will be going to a new job with a bad reputation. I won't be surprised if no club bids for him.

Okey

Fergie was so right about this guy. We need to be rid of him and his clients for good. My only fear is other clubs are watching this too, like someone said earlier. Would they really want Pogba if he comes with this baggage? He's not quite the player to risk all that for. We may well be truly fecked here. Hoping he tears it up at the Euros...

Caesar2290

Mino isn't exactly known for apologizing or backtracking.

I'm guessing Pogba gave him a call and told him to wind his head in.

Himannv

Mino isn't exactly known for apologizing or backtracking.

I'm guessing Pogba gave him a call and told him to wind his head in.
Yeah, I actually agree with this view. It definitely sounds like he's backtracking and keeping his options open for his client to still stay at United. Maybe wistful thinking on my part, but it does sound like that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's very weird that he backtracked so quickly.

Also his interview is very interesting, said they are open to staying and contract talks if the club want can start after Euro 2020. Don't think he will though, remember him saying that Pogba can sign new juventus contract just weeks before he left.

Ludens the Red

More chance of Pogba signing a new deal than Raiola admit he’s exploiting the game or individuals or him being wrong with anything.

Raiola like someone else said just acted like a politician, yeah sure he kept calm and cool and Jordan got emotional but it was telling. Raiola’s ego and narcissism is that powerful. That whole pedantic thing in regards to “owning the player” was cringe. Jordan was 100% right. Jordan was also speaking from a point of frustration with parasites like Raiola. Raiola was simply protecting himself.

clarkydaz

Raiola lied in that interview. He said he has never disrespected United whereas only a matter of weeks ago said the club would ruin pele, maradona and maldini, and would recommend players not go there. Guy talks so much shite he can't keep up with himself, doesn't come across well in the slightest

RatPack

No matter what you think of Raiola he does what his players want and that is his job.
Man Utd where just stupid enough to go a long with it when they purchased Pogba (big mistake).
Now get rid of Pogba (hopefully he has a good EU) and Lingard and don't ever hire another Raiola client.
Pogba says he want a new challenge. And Raiola is brokering a move back to Juventus. Guess the new challenge is an old challenge :-)

Mainoldo

Raiola lied in that interview. He said he has never disrespected United whereas only a matter of weeks ago said the club would ruin pele, maradona and maldini, and would recommend players not go there. Guy talks so much shite he can't keep up with himself, doesn't come across well in the slightest
He wasn’t disrespectful. He was talking the truth. Disrespectful is calling someone ugly when they are not. We happen to be ugly and he told us. I’m sure him and Woodward are fine. I’m also sure the club are aware of the issues.

Snafu17

He wasn’t disrespectful. He was talking the truth. Disrespectful is calling someone ugly when they are not. We happen to be ugly and he told us. I’m sure him and Woodward are fine. I’m also sure the club are aware of the issues.
That's an awful analogy, if you call someone ugly and they're actually ugly you're still very much disrespectful. And an asshole.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Except now look silly and SAF is vindicated.

He let many players go, many of them legends. Sometimes it was to avoid disruption, sometimes it was to make a point and keep other players on their toes. He let Pogba go for the former reason.

The benifit of letting these players go always outweighed what we lost in talent. Pogba isn't better than Beckham, we'll be just fine without him.

What is important is we make a point that no one is bigger than the club, and that poor attitude will not be tolerated no matter how talented the player.

Again, Pogba is nothing like these players. Every player has limitations, but they are expected to do their best, and you could see they did.

Being a Billy big bollox coupled with a lack of effort is very annoying to watch.
No he didn't. Letting such huge talent walk on free was a mistake especially when you consider that our CM was screaming for talent. If Conte and Allegri could work with Pogba then so should Sir Alex. Sure Pogba was never going to retire with United. However we could have built him up and then we could have sold him off just as Juve did.

Pogba's limitations are mental. He simply lack the defensive awareness and discipline to play in a deeper role. That doesn't mean that he can't be brutally effective as shown both with Juventus and with United last year. You have to play him right.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He absolutely despises agents so he'll have been licking his lips waiting for this interview. I like Simon Jordan, he's always respectful towards United whenever he speaks about us and I find him very insightful. I'm glad he took it to Raiola.
Yeah I like listening to him too.

abk92

No he didn't. Letting such huge talent walk on free was a mistake especially when you consider that our CM was screaming for talent. If Conte and Allegri could work with Pogba then so should Sir Alex. Sure Pogba was never going to retire with United. However we could have built him up and then we could have sold him off just as Juve did.

Pogba's limitations are mental. He simply lack the defensive awareness and discipline to play in a deeper role. That doesn't mean that he can't be brutally effective as shown both with Juventus and with United last year. You have to play him right.
No, Pogba's limitations are that he no longer has Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal to hide behind. Now that he is expected to actually do something in midfield he is no longer effective.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, Pogba's limitations are that he no longer has Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal to hide behind. Now that he is expected to actually do something in midfield he is no longer effective.
You do notice that Pogba did well even when Vidal and Pirlo left don't you? Sure he does better when he's got better players around him. However the same can be said about the likes of Scholes and Keane.

Amarsdd

just listened to his talksport interview. What a slimy feckin cnut!

EireRed_GS

In my opinion, an agent that feels to ring Talksport to rant about a club his client works for, doesnt sound all that much like a man who has his sh*t together.

Seems like a slightly desperate bid to try and keep things a little bit steady whilst putting his client out there in the window once again

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

I don't think SAF letting Pogba go was a mistake, never did. He didn't fit in with the culture of the club then. I admit I was optimistic when he returned, but what we have seen since shows exactly why letting him go was a good decision. He is talented, but inconsistent. He wants a team built around him, but he's not ready to lead. He is more likely to butt heads with his manager than accept a bollocking and understand that he needs to improve. He's also popular with the players, which makes the above a recipe for dressing room division.

Conte and Allegri being able to work with him is good, but I still rate SAF opinion over theirs, they are good coaches, he is an all time great, especially with regards to man management. Sometimes players can't be helped if they don't have the right mentality and desire. Ravel Morrison, Pogba's team mate and arguably the more talented of the two, is a more extreme example.

I think what we've seen is Pogba's level, talented, but inconsistent, unmotivated, tactically unaware with questions over his professionalism. I don't think he really wants to improve. If he moves to a club where he is surrounded with talent or to a less demanding league his weaknesses may not be so obvious, and he may look as good as he did at Juve.

ROFLUTION

Man the feck up Paul - The words of Raiola is exactly yours, and you haven't proved shit here compared to your price-tag

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He may be a great agent but he's a terrible human being. I just hope clubs take note and stop dealing with him.
I am sure he probably tried everything he could behind the scene to help his client leave MU. It didn't work so he needs to try something else.

Gasolin

It's very weird that he backtracked so quickly.

Also his interview is very interesting, said they are open to staying and contract talks if the club want can start after Euro 2020. Don't think he will though, remember him saying that Pogba can sign new juventus contract just weeks before he left.
I think the situation is different. Juventus was always open to let him go. United need Pogba as a player and as a branding asset. We are built around that so we are not letting him go, even Sancho wouldn't have that star aura. Rashford has a bit of it + he's even more Mancunian so there's that. In short, we will need a new superstar.

Bruno is going to get a lot of exposure and maybe his brand will go up but he will need a full season for that to occur in the right way.

I wouldn't be surprised for Pogba to sign an extension, but the problem will probably be the new wage structure the club wants to introduce, one based mostly on game played and results (win, titles) rather than a fixed base as it used to be. Pogba has a pay that includes CL qualification but I think Ole wants to make the pay even more dynamic to force the players to give their all.

It may not be what he wants, but if no one can pay more than 50m GBP then he's staying and will have to work out something with us.