Mirror report - Harry Maguire asks United players to donate 30% of wages

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nothing negative bro say about this, top gesture band one which brings the club closer to its origins.
Here's hoping other clubs follow suit

Tel074

A lot of players could rightly tell him to feck off, they already do a ton for charity and they are not interested in being part of this publicity stunt.

This is without doubt the most amazingly stupid post in the history of redcafe ..
Publicity stunt ?
People are fecking dying while the normal working man and woman are scrapping the barrel to survive both health wise and financially and footballers now more than ever have a great opportunity to donate some of their wages to this cause .

This is many things but a publicity stunt it isn't .

I myself am very lucky that I am able to pay my staff their wages for the foreseeable and this is me doing my bit . Most working people can't help with money but alot of giving up their time to volunteer. People with extra money like footballers now have got a chance to help everyone else out and it's only right they l do so ..

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This is without doubt the most amazingly stupid post in the history of redcafe ..
Publicity stunt ?
People are fecking dying while the normal working man and woman are scrapping the barrel to survive both health wise and financially and footballers now more than ever have a great opportunity to donate some of their wages to this cause .

This is many things but a publicity stunt it isn't .

I myself am very lucky that I am able to pay my staff their wages for the foreseeable and this is me doing my bit . Most working people can't help with money but alot of giving up their time to volunteer. People with extra money like footballers now have got a chance to help everyone else out and it's only right they l do so ..
It's probably not even the most stupid today tbh

Brightonian

Interesting that certain major news sources seem to be actively choosing not to report on this yet. Notably, unless I'm very much mistaken, the BBC hasn't mentioned it at all in any article online, on BBC News or BBC Sport, despite publishing a number of articles on the issue now including several highlighting the work Henderson has been doing behind the scenes towards a similar end. The most recent article is this one which appeared a couple of minutes ago, and features quotes from Danny Rose about the situation including a direct mention of Henderson, but still nothing about Maguire.

Presumably the BBC can't corroborate the story and therefore won't acknowledge it? The original source was Mirror Sport, I think. Has any other sourced independently reported it or are they all just quoting the Mirror?

Dr. StrangeHate

I don't know about this. The CEOs and owners of companies worth billions while their workers are asked to take unpaid time off should be the people to target. Footballers have very short careers. What if Rashford gets a career ending injury when football restarts?

black country red

Gestures like this show that after a long while we have got a manager a captain and a team we can finally love

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't know about this. The CEOs and owners of companies worth billions while their workers are asked to take unpaid time off should be the people to target. Footballers have very short careers. What if Rashford gets a career ending injury when football restarts?
Then he'll have to retire a multimillionaire?

Players should absolutely be doing their part. They effectively aren't working. The club has every right to Furlough them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Gestures like this show that after a long while we have got a manager a captain and a team we can finally love
Meh. Wasn't the much less than lovable Mourinho also out helping people during the crisis? Don't think it says all that much really. Even people who come across as cnuts most of the time can find it in themselves to do positive things at a time like this. It's hardly a huge breakthrough for lovability.

black country red

Meh. Wasn't the much less than lovable Mourinho also out helping people during the crisis? Don't think it says all that much really. Even people who come across as cnuts most of the time can find it in themselves to do positive things at a time like this. It's hardly a huge breakthrough for lovability.
Speak for yourself I love em

TheReligion

Abusive
A lot of players could rightly tell him to feck off, they already do a ton for charity and they are not interested in being part of this publicity stunt.
Eh? Publicity stunt? Why do the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world need publicity? Odd statement when it's a very decent thing to do.