Film Mirzapur - Amazon Prime - imdb 8.6/10

Zlatattack

Has anyone else seen this? I'm really enjoying it. It's all in Hindi i guess, but it's got english translation and it's right up there with Sacred Games. It's about 2 young brothers and the impact a the local mafia has on their life.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Not heard about it, I have plans about watching "Ghoul" though.

Zlatattack

Don't know anything about Ghoul. Mirzapur only came out this year. IDK whether you can enjoy as much without having the cultural background though. The subtitles don't always translate so well.

MDFC Manager

I'll probably get lynched, but I liked this a bit more than Sacred Games.

MDFC Manager

Agree. It might be as great a cinematic feat as Sacred Games, but i am having more fun watching this.
You called it, this is more fun and the acting is good all around without anyone shining too much or something pulling too weak.

Zlatattack

You called it, this is more fun and the acting is good all around without anyone shining too much or something pulling too weak.
Sacred Games was good, but
the amount of time Saif Ali Khan spent looking like a pathetic drunk at that bar... urgh. Also why won't he slap those other police guys back.

Zlatattack

Just finished the first season, really hope they make another one. It's a great ending!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Watched the first two episodes last night.

It's pretty damn great.

Weird to see India pumping out such violent, adult shows like this and Sacred Games when all I've ever known it for is Bollywood and cheesy Action films :lol:

TheBest

SPNTBP
It started out pretty well but last few episodes left me disappointed. Last episode was a bit disturbing.

iKnowNothing

I thought it was a good show overall. Some bits could have been improved but I felt that there was a genuine attempt at creating a crime drama with a bit of suspense thrown in for good measure. Will definitely watch the next season.

Zlatattack

Just watched season 2. Really enjoyed it. This is much better than sacred Games

Varun

Staff
Season 1 was brilliant, 2 not so much but still a quality show.