Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

United's YouTube channel has uploaded clips from our academy graduates in the first team from this season, wasn't sure where to put this so thought here would be fitting.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Very high chance he gets seriously injured. You can see in these clips that his adult opponents are going in hard and he is, so far, escaping serious harm but I doubt his luck will run indefinitely.
First thing I thought. It's a shame we can't get him right now. Hopefully we find some way to sign him before he turns 18. Looks phenomenonal talent

Ace of Spades

He is quick, but still very small. Hope he does not get injured. On the other hand, we could get a player that can go straight in the first team with the experience he has had of men's football already under him.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Wed 12 Aug: v. Salford City
Tue 18 Aug: v. Swindon Town
Sat 22 Aug: v. Morecambe
Tue 25 Aug: v. Stoke City U23s
Fri 28 Aug: v. Macclesfield Town
Tue 1 Sep: v. Doncaster Rovers
Sat 5 Sep: v. Everton U23s

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Wed 12 Aug: v. Salford City
Tue 18 Aug: v. Swindon Town
Sat 22 Aug: v. Morecambe
Tue 25 Aug: v. Stoke City U23s
Fri 28 Aug: v. Macclesfield Town
Tue 1 Sep: v. Doncaster Rovers
Sat 5 Sep: v. Everton U23s

Highlights shown at a later date :rolleyes: Why can’t they just show the fecking matches for? What’s the point of paying for it when they never even show anything.

In Rainbows

Yeah, we're not talking about u12s here. This is the u23s. No idea why they don't show it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So Mutv is not going to be worth again. Don't understand what is the use of Mutv if you can't watch reserves and academy games?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Yeah, we're not talking about u12s here. This is the u23s. No idea why they don't show it.
So Mutv is not going to be worth again. Don't understand what is the use of Mutv if you can't watch reserves and academy games?
Why would they suddenly start showing Pre-Season friendlies? Why show your hand so early?

lenny_1248

Any idea when Carreras and Jurado will get international clearance?
And is McNeill joining the club?

lysglimt

Scout
Why would they suddenly start showing Pre-Season friendlies? Why show your hand so early?
Because as pundits, coaches .. everyone says... it's not about results at this level, it's about development.

And the majority of these players are being scouted every week - so there is no logical decision from a sporting point of view, not to show these matches

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
'It wouldn't be right to keep them in the Under-23s' - The Man Utd players set for loan moves

The club's Under-23s have been promoted to Premier League Two Division One but the plan is for their most promising players to play senior football
Manchester United are looking to send Under-23 stars such as James Garner, Dylan Levitt and Di’Shon Bernard out on loan next season.

The Red Devils learned last week that Neil Wood's side had been promoted to Premier League Two Division One. It was agreed that the 2019-20 campaign curtailed by the coronavirus outbreak would be decided on a points-per-game basis, resulting in a second-placed finish for United.

However, Wood believes that the likes of Garner, Levitt, Bernard and Matej Kovar – all of whom have attracted interest from Championship and League One sides – would be better served by regular game time at senior level.

"I think if they’re not going to be around the first team, then the natural next step is to go out on loan, so they can show how good they are,” Wood told Goal.

"It wouldn’t be right to keep them in the 23s for another season just to bolster the squad, or because we’ve gone up a league and we’ll be playing tougher opposition. It wouldn’t make sense to hold them back in their careers.

"At the minute, Jimmy (Garner) is training with the first team, Teden (Mengi) and Ethan (Laird) are there too, while we’ve also got Dylan Levitt, who is a very good player and ready to go out on loan.

"It's the same story with Di’Shon Bernard, who is ready for a tougher test. So, what we want for them is to go and play once or twice a week in a professional environment, where there's pressure to perform and it’s down to them to deliver.

"They’re confident and I think they'd do well, so there’s every chance they could come back and have a big impact at this club.”

The U23s returned to training a couple of weeks ago and the group currently consists not only of those likely to go out on loan and others who have already been released (but are allowed to keep on training with United until they find a new club), but also a number of exciting players from the U18s.

It's an odd mix but Wood has been pleased with the work they've done so far and is now looking forward to testing the young newcomers to his squad in upcoming friendlies against Macclesfield Town, Doncaster and Morecambe.

“We’re going to be pretty much an U19s squad next season and it’s going to be hard on them," Wood admitted. “Talent-wise, they can compete but it’s going to be very hard physically for them.

"When we go to play teams in the U23s league, they’ll drop some older players in or will boost the squad with some first-team fringe players, so we know that it’s a challenge for young lads.

"But we just need to continue the path of trying to push the talent forward, working with individuals to get them to the first team.

"If they’re 16 or 17 and the talent is there, then I don’t see any reason they shouldn't be pushed up a level. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough.”

Indeed, while Wood is proud to have earned promotion in his debut campaign as manager, what pleases him most is getting players into the first team.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has handed eight debuts to academy graduates this term, with Teden Mengi the latest, after coming off the bench in last week's Europa League clash with LASK.

“A lot of credit has to go to the manager for trusting in them," Wood humbly said. "He’s obviously seen the talent that’s here and he's willing to give them a chance.

“Teden deserved his debut. He’s worked so hard. He was originally with the 18s and he stepped up with us quite early in the season.

"He’s worked hard every day, consistently, he’s willing to listen, and he’s ready to improve all aspects of his game. You can have an open conversation with him and he will take your points on board and will give you some good feedback as well.

"I’m delighted for him.”

https://www.goal.com/en/news/it-wou...the-23s-the-man-utd/s3yh961e0xpf1eufiyqycdb1f

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United Reserves played their first pre-season match yesterday against Salford City.

It was played as 3 x 30 minute periods with lots of team changes.

No idea of squad or starting line-up but we lost 1-2 with Mark Helm scoring our goal from a free-kick.

lenny_1248

United Reserves played their first pre-season match yesterday against Salford City.

It was played as 3 x 30 minute periods with lots of team changes.

No idea of squad or starting line-up but we lost 1-2 with Mark Helm scoring our goal from a free-kick.
Thanks.
Here's hoping the official website will publish some details and highlights.

NickyT

This isn’t a youth signing, he’ll have played 60 odd senior games by the time he joins us (rumoured to be going back to Partizan on loan).
Hmmm well in my humble opinion, if you sign a 17 year old from the Serbian Superliga, and loan him straight back, you can't really class him as a first team player surely, as I said it's my opinion, but this news would fall into the miscellaneous/23s category for me personally.

With that said, hes a good player with lots of potential, fingers crossed he turns out more Tadic than Tosic :)

KevinJoh

Hmmm well in my humble opinion, if you sign a 17 year old from the Serbian Superliga, and loan him straight back, you can't really class him as a first team player surely, as I said it's my opinion, but this news would fall into the miscellaneous/23s category for me personally.

With that said, hes a good player with lots of potential, fingers crossed he turns out more Tadic than Tosic :)
I think as Serbia is not in EU that you can't sign him and bring him to UK, so you have to wait and get him somewhere to play and build experience for a little bit more. Another option is probably to loan him to some better league, but at 17 it is a big question if he would play and we already have problems to get good loans for our players. So, I don't see problem in leaving him there where he will play every week, including Europe League probably and bring him on preseason next summer (as you won't have one now).

Prodigal7

There are pics: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/reserves

I could see the following players in the pics but no idea who started:

Kovar, Carney

Neville, Bejger, Devine, Taylor, Ercolani, Fish

Helm, Levitt, McCann, Puigmal, Mejbri

Stanley, Haygarth, Shoretire, Elanga
Wow Shoretire jumping the line to play in the 23s as a 16 year old in the first game of the season.

lysglimt

Scout
Wow Shoretire jumping the line to play in the 23s as a 16 year old in the first game of the season.
Bejger 18, Neville just turned 18, Devine 18, Fish 17, Taylor 20, Ercolani 20, Levitt 19, Helm 18, Puigmal 19, McCann 18, Mejbri 17, Stanley 18, Elanga 18, Shoretire 16, Haygarth 18

That is a very young side. 3 players 19 years or older...