Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Prodigal7

Is Max Haygarth the player who was highly rated on here? Quite a young u23s which will be exciting to see how they develop.
He was outstanding pre U18 in the same team as Greenwood but has been regularly injured over the last few years and not progressed as most would have hoped. He's now a U19 so the 23s will be his natural age group now anyway. Hopefully he can make up for lost time and fulfil at least some of his early potential.

pascell

He was outstanding pre U18 in the same team as Greenwood but has been regularly injured over the last few years and not progressed as most would have hoped. He's now a U19 so the 23s will be his natural age group now anyway. Hopefully he can make up for lost time and fulfil at least some of his early potential.
Thanks for the insight, I thought I recognised his name being dropped in here a few years back. Shame about the injuries, hopefully he kicks on this season.

Weren't Reece Devine and Will Fish highly rated also?

Mickson

Thanks for the insight, I thought I recognised his name being dropped in here a few years back. Shame about the injuries, hopefully he kicks on this season.

Weren't Reece Devine and Will Fish highly rated also?
They are. Devine was excellent last season, replacing Williams in the U23. Showed good mentality and was good against men in the EFL Cup as well. Fish is an England youth international, and also played a few U23 games despite his young age and was very good. He mostly played U18 football though. Very good in the air and good with the ball. Devine will definitely be a key player in our U23, and I expect that Fish will play a lot there too.

pascell

They are. Devine was excellent last season, replacing Williams in the U23. Showed good mentality and was good against men in the EFL Cup as well. Fish is an England youth international, and also played a few U23 games despite his young age and was very good. He mostly played U18 football though. Very good in the air and good with the ball. Devine will definitely be a key player in our U23, and I expect that Fish will play a lot there too.
Thanks again for the insight, I've not kept up with u18s and u23s the past season, think I'll keep an eye on both teams this season to see how they all develop. We have some very exciting prospects coming through, hopefully some get game time in the League Cup early rounds this upcoming season.

dutchred

Devine is a better left back than Williams. He is very good and naturally left footed

Mickson

Thanks again for the insight, I've not kept up with u18s and u23s the past season, think I'll keep an eye on both teams this season to see how they all develop. We have some very exciting prospects coming through, hopefully some get game time in the League Cup early rounds this upcoming season.
Yeah, the young guns have a greater chance than ever of getting some game time in the League Cup. However, the ones who are most ready will probably be out on loan. Players like Garner, Levitt, Kovar etc. Laird and Mengi aside, most of the lads in our youth setup are probably still a year from knocking on the door. I think Elanga and Devine could get some game time in the League Cup, but other than that I don't know. Maybe Galbraith if he's still here and not on loan.

lenny_1248

The 23s friendly against Macclesfield Town due to be played a week today has been cancelled, no reason given.
I remember reading their fans' posts in twitter saying that they need to sign players or otherwise the game will be cancelled.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I remember reading their fans' posts in twitter saying that they need to sign players or otherwise the game will be cancelled.
Yeah I thought it would be that the second I hit 'send'

It's a shame, there will be loads of club at that level, and even slightly higher that haven't been able to pay their players for months, and won't be able to put competitive squads out this year, and quite a few will probably go to the wall.

pascell

Devine is a better left back than Williams. He is very good and naturally left footed
Yeah I thought he was a natural LB.

Yeah, the young guns have a greater chance than ever of getting some game time in the League Cup. However, the ones who are most ready will probably be out on loan. Players like Garner, Levitt, Kovar etc. Laird and Mengi aside, most of the lads in our youth setup are probably still a year from knocking on the door. I think Elanga and Devine could get some game time in the League Cup, but other than that I don't know. Maybe Galbraith if he's still here and not on loan.
Yeah I agree, outside chance of Mejbri also. Exciting season for the youth groups upcoming, hopefully it's a good one for them all.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is the latest on Willy Kambwala's potential move to United from L'Equipe.

Sochaux have responded to United's opening bid by informing United they want €3m. United are yet to respond to Sochaux's request. The tweet is from the 14th of this month so we should be hearing something definite one way or the other before the 6'3, CB turns 16 in a few days.

SteveW

Ramazani has gone to Almeria. Good move for him I reckon. Expected he'd move on this Summer. Curious to see how he does.

Sea-Cow

Galbraith.

It's interesting to me who is gonna play number 9 in U-23? Of all the players taking participation in these friendlies there is not a single striker.
The tall lad from Sunderland?

And speaking of which, whatever happened with the lad from City? The youth-goal-machine?

Mickson

Galbraith.

It's interesting to me who is gonna play number 9 in U-23? Of all the players taking participation in these friendlies there is not a single striker.
Elanga at first I think. Then probably Hoogewerf eventually. Sadly, because Elanga should play on the left.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Hoogerwerfs a very good player that didnt show his best last season, i expect him to be the main 9 for the 23's this season

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nice. Getting a picture with sire Alex as a 13 year old must mean he's very highly regarded in his age group?
Tbh, I just knew he plays for West Ham, didn’t know how good he was. I mean, at that age, a dad and uncle aren’t necessarily the most objective or reliable sources of how good their kid is!

And besides, I haven’t seen the dad much in recent years. They moved to Kent, I’m more in touch with the brother. But they are delighted with this.