Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

PS18

Not seen a lineup anywhere. Looked like Fernandez and Garnacho both played, and Jurado looked to be wearing 7 I think (eyes might be letting me down), so presumably playing right wing rather than right back

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
A lot of hat-tricks already for the 15s and 16s this season in it's infancy(pun nearly intended), including Manni Norkett, Ethan Williams, Dylan Sime and the latest, James Nolan v Crewe, anybody know if that is the norm for the under age groups, or have United just got a lot of lads who just love scoring goals and plenty of 'em?

mattsville

Class love the extra emphasis on signing youth players with Ole going to be great watching the youths this year.

Mr. MUJAC

Talent spotter
Not seen a lineup anywhere. Looked like Fernandez and Garnacho both played, and Jurado looked to be wearing 7 I think (eyes might be letting me down), so presumably playing right wing rather than right back
was the game shown somewhere?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Class love the extra emphasis on signing youth players with Ole going to be great watching the youths this year.
This isn't something exclusive to Solskjaer, we've been doing it for quite a few years now. I'd be surprised if he had any say in it at all.

jb8521

What was the line up for the U18s? good finish from Mcneil. @jb8521
Not sure, looking at the videos it seems like
Jurado, Bennett, Hardley, Fernandez, Wellens, Hansen-Aaroen, Stanley, McNeill, Garnacho started & Savage came on as sub

Mr. MUJAC

Talent spotter
Not sure, looking at the videos it seems like
Jurado, Bennett, Hardley, Fernandez, Wellens, Hansen-Aaroen, Stanley, McNeill, Garnacho started & Savage came on as sub
From what I've seen...Vitek, Jurado, Fernandez, Hardley, Bennett, Wellens, Hoogewerf, Hansen-Aaroen, McNeil, Stanley, Garnacho...as you say, seems like Savage came on as a sub and instagram comments suggest Pye and Norkett played too.

Beaucoup

Jesus. What are they doing with our younger age groups. We seem to thrash or get thrashed without any middle ground.
Not unusual when you have 20 kids per age group, everyone has to play, a few of the kids that played today probably won’t be at the club next month.

jb8521

From what I've seen...Vitek, Jurado, Fernandez, Hardley, Bennett, Wellens, Hoogewerf, Hansen-Aaroen, McNeil, Stanley, Garnacho...as you say, seems like Savage came on as a sub and instagram comments suggest Pye and Norkett played too.
Sounds about right

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I expect so. No doubt we’ve been scouting them for a while and had to move now before brexit. Post brexit players from Europe will need to be 18 to move to England.
it’ll make us have to streamline our scouting to get players who are turning 18 to not sign a new deal at their current club. That’ll be the new market. Is there any way that Brexit doesn’t mess up the youth system? is it written in stone foreign players will have to be 18 to move? Maybe they will write something into it for exceptional circumstances. Players pay a lot of tax.

either way the current investment isn’t going amiss!

oskarutd

Is this a record year for number of foreign youth signings?
Last year we bought 6 overseas youth signings. Also signed Svidersky a bit earlier in the year.
This year we bought 5 for the u17s and 1 for the u18s.
This season intake is not an one off. What was different is that we only signed 5 of our u16s.

jb8521

What a feck all article. Seems the author was more concerned with making Detective TV puns rather than doing some Sherlock like investigative work himself.
Didn't even get the scout right, it was our French academy scout Mathieu Seckinger who brought Kambwala in

Loopy

Was this with a 14s or 15s team? Thought 15s beat crewes 16s yesterday?
Different teams, currently lots of boys in the squad, they took the best U15’s away to play crew U16 (and they won) and the rest of the squad played the U15 Blackburn the following day, (who lost)
it might be an A and B team

Beaucoup

U15s got a very lucky 2-1 win over City tonight, set play and an OG, they got battered for most of the game.

mat85

U15s got a very lucky 2-1 win over City tonight, set play and an OG, they got battered for most of the game.
From your experience of the youth setup is the revamp happening below u18 where we see the all the youth signings?

Loopy

I’ve seen the footage, United were not battered, they played well, Louis Jackson (U15) scored a header from a corner, the other goal is scrappy ? Own goal.
United only played with U15, most of the U15’s who beat city U16 the other week were selected. City doing the normal / boring passing back and needing to start again, but being out played by United throughout the 80 mins.

Bigsid

Report I got was it was very good game. City dominated first half and should have been winning by more than a goal. Second half we changed formation and went more direct and deservedly scored from a couple of set pieces. From what I have seen United are very physically developed in that age group compared to a lot of teams and at 14 will score a lot of headers and set pieces. Be interesting to see how many make up an eventual 18s side as the years above and below are average at best.

Prodigal7

Report I got was it was very good game. City dominated first half and should have been winning by more than a goal. Second half we changed formation and went more direct and deservedly scored from a couple of set pieces. From what I have seen United are very physically developed in that age group compared to a lot of teams and at 14 will score a lot of headers and set pieces. Be interesting to see how many make up an eventual 18s side as the years above and below are average at best.
You’re trying to tell me you’re a united fan..... :lol:

Bigsid

You’re trying to tell me you’re a united fan..... :lol:
Yep. Watched 15s a few times (though obviously not last night) and they have some good players. My point is they are a very developed side. Finding a way to win is never a bad thing but I've never been sure what style of play we encourage in younger ages. A point I know that has been made by other posters other than me. I agree that City can be predictable like the first team but it's a problem I think at United that any DNA running from the first team down is lacking which can clearly be seen higher up.

Prodigal7

Yep. Watched 15s a few times (though obviously not last night) and they have some good players. My point is they are a very developed side. Finding a way to win is never a bad thing but I've never been sure what style of play we encourage in younger ages. A point I know that has been made by other posters other than me. I agree that City can be predictable like the first team but it's a problem I think at United that any DNA running from the first team down is lacking which can clearly be seen higher up.
Haha, I notice you’ve re edited your posts in the McNeill thread. You know we have a lot of oppo fans here so it’s not a problem.

Bigsid

Haha, I notice you’ve re edited your posts in the McNeill thread. You know we have a lot of oppo fans here so it’s not a problem.
Just couldn't buy into the notion that McNeil coming here wasnt about anything other than money. He walked out of the club at 12 for City, tried to hold them to ransom over the summer and came back for money. He's another decent player. Not top drawer and I would reckon Hugill is a better prospect but good luck to the lad.

Prodigal7

Just couldn't buy into the notion that McNeil coming here wasnt about anything other than money. He walked out of the club at 12 for City, tried to hold them to ransom over the summer and came back for money. He's another decent player. Not top drawer and I would reckon Hugill is a better prospect but good luck to the lad.
Juve and Rangers offered him a lot more than we did. So clearly it’s not about the money and your bitterness in this case is pretty obvious even with the Retroactively edited posts.