Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

khoazany

Personally I think all of those posting lower age group results have gone too far. You hardly even know what's the constitution of both teams. Also after so many years I came to realize that it's quite pointless.

Beaucoup

Personally I think all of those posting lower age group results have gone too far. You hardly even know what's the constitution of both teams. Also after so many years I came to realize that it's quite pointless.
Why have you just posted them all on your twitter account then?

red thru&thru

Many know about the Sporting youngster Luis Gomes?

Apparently we have agreed 1st refusal at set price of £14m.

Asger

United scout were watching Ísak Bergmann Johannesson last weekend, Icelandic 17 yo playing for IF Norrköping. His father played for Wolves and Aston Villa. Johannes Karl (Joey) Guðjónsson and his grandfather was manager of Stoke City.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
United scout were watching Ísak Bergmann Johannesson last weekend, Icelandic 17 yo playing for IF Norrköping. His father played for Wolves and Aston Villa. Johannes Karl (Joey) Guðjónsson and his grandfather was manager of Stoke City.

Interesting. I always quite liked Joey Gudjonsson. Never thought he'd be part of a footballing dynasty though! :lol:

TwoSheds

Joey has 3 brothers and all played with the national team!
Haha could be the biggest footballing dynasty ever then! What are their kids like at football? Maybe we could make a Gudjonsson Junior XI?

Asger

Haha could be the biggest footballing dynasty ever then! What are their kids like at football? Maybe we could make a Gudjonsson Junior XI?
One of Joeys brothers son is 15 and is already getting few minutes in the Icelandic league, for the champions team last year! Its an unbelievable family!

TwoSheds

One of Joeys brothers son is 15 and is already getting few minutes in the Icelandic league, for the champions team last year! Its an unbelievable family!
Haha make it happen! I want a team of Gudjonssons!

lysglimt

Out of curiosity - who would you rate as the best father-son couple of all footballers ?

TwoSheds

The Schmeichels must be up there, Blinds also a decent choice
Yeah true, the Schmeichels are the only ones who would be in with a shout against the Maldinis. One all time great each and one each who were/are top players who captained club and country.

TwoSheds

P. Schmeichel
L. Thuram C. Maldini S. Bruce Danny Blind
Johan Cruyff Alf Haaland P. Ince Lampard Sr
P. Kluivert E. Chiesa

Bench:
I. Wright
G. Hagi (:eek:)
Z. Zidane (:eek::eek::eek:)
G. Weah (:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:)
D. Drogba
J.Djorkaeff
J. Gudjonsson obvs

Vs

K. Schmeichel
A. Bruce P. Maldini Daley Blind
T. Ince Jordi Lampard Jr F. Chiesa
Marcus Thuram E. Haaland J. Kluivert

Bench:
SWP
Ianis Hagi
Luca Zidane
Timothy Weah
Isaac Drogba
Y. Djorkaeff
One of the Gudjonsson juniors

I think the Wrights and Djorkaeffs are possibly rather hard done by there missing out but I think the first team wins either way :lol:

Last edited:

Asger

Arnor father of Eidur was a fine player as well, about 70 national caps and played in Belgium snd France.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I hope so, I wanted Eidur Gudjohnsen at the time!
A bloody good player was Eidur, it was said that maybe he didn't have the extra pace needed to be a top top player, but he was hardly a slouch.

Remember him coming on for his Dad when he made his International debut, just a shame they never got to play on the pitch at the same time after Eidur got injured, and by the time he got back his old Man had retired.

NotThatSoph

A bloody good player was Eidur, it was said that maybe he didn't have the extra pace needed to be a top top player, but he was hardly a slouch.

Remember him coming on for his Dad when he made his International debut, just a shame they never got to play on the pitch at the same time after Eidur got injured, and by the time he got back his old Man had retired.

Eiður is just one of those players I'll always have a soft spot for. Same with Berbatov, I know they're not the same type of player but I get the same feeling anyway, can't really explain it. Sometimes they're really good, sometimes not, but I'll always enjoy watching them.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Eiður is just one of those players I'll always have a soft spot for. Same with Berbatov, I know they're not the same type of player but I get the same feeling anyway, can't really explain it. Sometimes they're really good, sometimes not, but I'll always enjoy watching them.
Kinda know what you mean, they were usually one step ahead of their teammates, when it clicked it was awesome, when it didn't ....