Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wayne Rooney gave him his debut and hopefully he'll show him the direction to Carrington too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought we already signed him?

What makes you think he will? Being coached by Rooney?
I think Rooney will help and also we normally push the boat out financially too which also helps in luring young talented teen prodigies.

Last edited:

mat85

I think Rooney will help and also we push the boat out financially too which also helps in luring young talented teen prodigies.
More of a pressure to get the best English youth now as well when we can't sign foreign youth

Ace of Spades

I thought we already signed him?

What makes you think he will? Being coached by Rooney?
The rumour was that the player had already decided to leave and had agreed to join us. Basically, it is upto the player, and he seems to have decided to join us allegedly.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The rumour was that the player had already decided to leave and had agreed to join us. Basically, it is upto the player, and he seems to have decided to join us allegedly.
Thanks, hopefully he's as good as they say, can't see any good YT videos of him.

Thanks @Adnan

Bertie Wooster

As a newbie I can't start threads, so this just seemed an apt place to post a query: does anyone know if the Blackburn v United U18 game is still on MUTV on Saturday morning? I checked earlier in the week and it was on there, but now it doesn't mention it. The game doesn't seem to have been called off, but I know one or two games haven't been on MUTV because they weren't allowed in due to Covid. I've been looking forward to the U18's starting up again so I'm really hoping it's still going to be shown live?

Mickson

As a newbie I can't start threads, so this just seemed an apt place to post a query: does anyone know if the Blackburn v United U18 game is still on MUTV on Saturday morning? I checked earlier in the week and it was on there, but now it doesn't mention it. The game doesn't seem to have been called off, but I know one or two games haven't been on MUTV because they weren't allowed in due to Covid. I've been looking forward to the U18's starting up again so I'm really hoping it's still going to be shown live?
Yep, it doesn't seem to be live on MUTV....

Bertie Wooster

Yep, it doesn't seem to be live on MUTV....
That's a shame.
It's obviously something that's going to keep happening at some away grounds during lockdown, but it's disappointing when it does as I enjoy watching the youth teams without over investing and stressing about the result as I do with the first team games. The trouble is, this is the first of 3 straight away matches after the Christmas break so I hope we get to see them soon.

Loopy

That's a shame.
It's obviously something that's going to keep happening at some away grounds during lockdown, but it's disappointing when it does as I enjoy watching the youth teams without over investing and stressing about the result as I do with the first team games. The trouble is, this is the first of 3 straight away matches after the Christmas break so I hope we get to see them soon.
They may be some playing younger age players , so may be against the clubs safeguarding policy.
Or it may be off due to covid / flooding / solar eclipse!

voyasvirta

Seems to be a continuing issue due to covid related broadcasting arrangements. Full games or even highlights against Arsenal u23's, Stoke u18's were not shown by MUTV at all.

Mickson

Bejger has officially left for Slask Wroclaw.

Dermot Mee seems to have joined Fulham. Quite surprised by that.

Loopy

Seems like limited MUTV coverage for away games due to covid restrictions allowing the media staff and equipment on site.
or it could be when we have a younger age group player in attendance to safe guard him.

dutchred

according to flashscores.com United are 3 0 up against Blackburn (under 18)

Davie Moyes

Yep McNeill with the first two including scoring in the first min then Emerson adding the third before half time. This is according with FotMob app.

lysglimt

Scout
It's 1-3 after 60 mins (McNeil 2, Emeran)

Very young bench: Jackson, Mainoo, Murray

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How's Hansen-Aaroen (sp?) going? Is he playing much?

Mickson

How's Hansen-Aaroen (sp?) going? Is he playing much?
Five starts and four sub appearances for U18. One goal. He has started slowly but has grown into it. Good and tidy dribbler, can pick a pass - both long and short. I suspect that he will have a good end to the season. He has also played two times for the U23. Considering he has so much first-team experience, I have been a little disappointed. But as I said, he has grown more and more.

Thiagoal

Apparently the U23’s had a friendly match today and won 1-0 versus Birmingham. Does anyone know the team or if Diallo played any part?

Onerealunited

I wish United were better at giving out such info, I mean why not? A loan isn't such a bad idea though. Always felt we had one keeper too many at U18.
According to Transfermarkt it seems like a permanent transfer, the fee is though undisclosed

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Apparently the U23’s had a friendly match today and won 1-0 versus Birmingham. Does anyone know the team or if Diallo played any part?
I believe the team was the usual suspects...with the likes of Hughes, McCann, Stanley and Helm all getting some game time.

United played a back three and McCann got our goal late in the second half

Diallo didn't feature.

Prodigal7

We play Real Madrid at home in the UEFA youth league first round.
Not sure what shitshow seeding/ranking system allowed this to happen but there it is.

Mickson

We play Real Madrid at home in the UEFA youth league first round.
Not sure what shitshow seeding/ranking system allowed this to happen but there it is.
It was no seeding. All CL teams could face each other (well, not from the same country and some other restrictions) which ended in big names against each other. Inter Milan vs Bayern for example. City obviously with their free ride, against Olympiacos.