Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

pascell

Agree. Maybe not just at youth level either. I hear Dalot's defence improved a lot on loan. But not much at United. Nothing wrong with an attacking bias for youth players (18 and under); but when they're defenders and over-18, they should mostly be improving the defence. When we bought AWB, we should also have got the coaches who converted him from winger to fullback!
It's been apparent for a while that the defensive coaching is lacking massively in the first team. The structure and organisation just isn't there and we make the same mistakes, that needs sorting out if we're to mount a title challenge this season like some expect.

Rbloomer668

Anderson should be a done deal, anyone else heard anything on further incomings? Luckhurst said their would be three in our youth intake. also going to the games in NI at the end of the month any players i should be looking out for?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Ennis gone to Chelsea apparently

oskarutd

Did we sign anyone in youths this summer?
We will sign three from outside our last year u16s. Not confirmed yet. Two names known by a journalist at MEN, but not reported because it's not done. Should be confirmed very soon. At least most of the names.

Beaucoup

Youth team pre-season training camp next week in Scotland, couple of friendly games lined up for the 18s and 23s

lenny_1248

Is there a chance we will see Finley McAllister and Habeeb Ogunneye for the U-18's next season?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Finley is still only 14 isn't he ?

I imagine he will be drip fed some 18's football at some point if he carries on in the right way. Really no rush with him though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The latest twist in the Ethan Ennis chase.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What’s the story with this kid? Top rated?
He's highly rated for sure and Liverpool are reportedly very dissapointed to be losing him. Chelsea were thought to be close to signing him, but if Stretty News are correct in their information, then our charm offensive has probably worked.

lysglimt

Scout
I just can't see us poaching a Liverpool-player if he isn't something special. From the videos I have found - he has a cracking shot.

khoazany

He's cracking forward, good addition to that age group. Probably Anderson and a defender will be the other 2 of the 3 recruited (I haven't heard anything just guessing).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So that's Anderson and Ennis now, wonder who'll be the third one(as per M.E.N).

Beaucoup

I have no clue about the teams either - I just know they played 3x30 mins and Louis Jackson made his debut for the U23
Most of the new intake of U18's played the final third, the starting line up was pretty strong.

Beaucoup

I was told Jackson came on for the last 30 mins when the whole team was a group of U/18's...so not really a U/23 debut.
Correct, it looks like the 2nd years staying with the 18s will be Garnacho, Jurado, Pye & Bennett, I suppose it depends who they bring in before the start of the season.

Tiber

Shame, I always enjoyed watching a strong team come over. Then again, the whole tournament isn't what it used to be.