Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Demaw

I think it is on MUTV so be aware of this. Hanen and Forson and hopefully Mainoo and Gore would be good to see.

Beaucoup

I think it is on MUTV so be aware of this. Hanen and Forson and hopefully Mainoo and Gore would be good to see.
Mainoo is on international duty, Garnacho is back from Spain, Mather is rested.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is this no longer on TV? Only got McTominay’s fecking interview on mine.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Had nothing to do with MUTV.
Just changing the schedule and not mentioning a thing leaving everyone cluelessly waiting for the match watching some stupid McTominay interview has absolutely everything to do with MUTV.

Fans needing to go to twitter to follow JB and mrmujac to find some actual news of what is going on has everything to do with MUTV.

A tv channel which is meant to be broadcasting a match not reporting on the match being delayed and then cancelled is completely and utter crap. How there are still people on here who try to make up excuses for such a garbage service is laughable. It is an in house club channel which charges fans money and they are incapable of providing any actual coverage, stuff which random fans on twitter are reporting better than them.

Mickson

Wolves coach got stuck in traffic
Was there some kind of accident, or how is it possible that a professional football team gets stuck in traffic so badly that the game can't even be played that day? There are some weird reasons for games being postponed in England.

Demaw

Just changing the schedule and not mentioning a thing leaving everyone cluelessly waiting for the match watching some stupid McTominay interview has absolutely everything to do with MUTV.

Fans needing to go to twitter to follow JB and mrmujac to find some actual news of what is going on has everything to do with MUTV.

A tv channel which is meant to be broadcasting a match not reporting on the match being delayed and then cancelled is completely and utter crap. How there are still people on here who try to make up excuses for such a garbage service is laughable. It is an in house club channel which charges fans money and they are incapable of providing any actual coverage, stuff which random fans on twitter are reporting better than them.
Yes, I actually find out stuff from you guys on here. I have written a few times to MUFC and never got a reply. In Australia I pay about $48 aussie a year so it's like $1 per week.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind it being a few dollars extra a week if they would put on more club docs and general interest of academy, even coaches within the club, the 18's and 23's more often, and REPEAT THE GAME IN FULL as being in Australia it can be 11pm before it comes on. Being over 50, (old) ;) 1am game finishes aren't for me anymore (tucked in bed) and don't even think of staying up for 3am 1sts kickoffs, did when I was young!!
MUTV do the first team replays great and I watch it later but the 18's and nearly all 23's are now "highlights" of either 20 minutes or recently, just the goals of 4-5 minutes. Highlights never give you much context and I wish they would replay the 18's games on in full and take them down a week later etc. The docs have been good but hardly any are coming out as much. If anyone knows about some general soccer docs elsewhere I would appreciate it!! I have watched the Netflix stuff, Tevez, Boca, Juve, River, even Sunderland till I Die (funny) Even enjoyed the Formula 1 with the teams (not a big racing fan)
If you suggest a City or Pool one I think you will go on my ignore list!! :nono:

Last edited:

vva

@Classical Mechanic, I watched England U17 as link above after 1-0. CB no. 6 look very solid and good on the ball. I don't know his name and club. Bellingham's brother has a similar flair and technique like Jude. For united player, Mainoo is a bit quiet while Ogunneye delivered one assist for corner kick. One more question, Sam mather and Dani gore are supposed to be in the England U17 as well. Is there any reason that they're not selected for this match?

Classical Mechanic

@Classical Mechanic, I watched England U17 as link above after 1-0. CB no. 6 look very solid and good on the ball. I don't know his name and club. Bellingham's brother has a similar flair and technique like Jude. For united player, Mainoo is a bit quiet while Ogunneye delivered one assist for corner kick. One more question, Sam mather and Dani gore are supposed to be in the England U17 as well. Is there any reason that they're not selected for this match?
6 is Josh Feeney from Villa. There were reports that we were in for him too when he left Fleetwood Town last summer. Gore and Mather were with the u18s.

vva

6 is Josh Feeney from Villa. There were reports that we were in for him too when he left Fleetwood Town last summer. Gore and Mather were with the u18s.
Oh I thought they're in the same age group for U17. Thanks for your reply.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I went to the Blackburn U/23 game and United had most of the first half. We scored an early goal after good team play and some neat passing between Fernandez, Elanga and Shoretire which resulted in Shola passing the ball home from about 10 yards out after six minutes.

United could have scored a couple more goals in the first half but the final ball let them down. Elanga looked dangerous whenever he got the ball and his pace scared hell out of the Blackburn defenders who were dropping deeper. Due to lots of players being unavailable for one reason or another, Wellens partnered Iqbal in centre midfield and they did well. Iqbal was his usual creative self but Wellens played really well in an unfamiliar role. Blackburn came into it a lot more after half an hour and had ten minutes when they could have scored. A couple of last ditch tackles and a couple of excellent saves from Kovar saw us through to the break at 1-0.

Hardley replaced Jones at HT and within four minutes, Shoretire ran on to a ball and after pressuring the defender the ball ended in the back of the net. The announcer gave the goal to Shoretire but it was later given as an o.g. From then on it was all United and Kovar, Hardley and Mengi had virtually nothing to do. We controlled the game and could easily have had another 2/3 goals if not for some desperate defending and their keeper throwing himself at everything. Then in the last minute Elanga rifled one into the top corner from the edge of the box which no keeper would have saved to make it 3-0.

Mather and Hansen-Aaroen did ok after coming on for 20 mins or so.

It was a really good team performance with Elanga, Fernandez, Iqbal, Wellens and Shoretire all playing well. Jurado was ok on his debut and McNeill worked hard without any luck. He still needs to fill out to manage the physical side of U/23 football, particularly when the refs at this level give very little protection.

Team: Kovar, Jurado, Fernandez, Jones, Mengi, Wellens, Hoogewerf, Iqbal, McNeill, Shoretire, Elanga. Subs: Hardley (4), Vitek, Mather (7), Hansen-Aaroen (10), Hugill

Sea-Cow

I went to the Blackburn U/23 game and United had most of the first half. We scored an early goal after good team play and some neat passing between Fernandez, Elanga and Shoretire which resulted in Shola passing the ball home from about 10 yards out after six minutes.

United could have scored a couple more goals in the first half but the final ball let them down. Elanga looked dangerous whenever he got the ball and his pace scared hell out of the Blackburn defenders who were dropping deeper. Due to lots of players being unavailable for one reason or another, Wellens partnered Iqbal in centre midfield and they did well. Iqbal was his usual creative self but Wellens played really well in an unfamiliar role. Blackburn came into it a lot more after half an hour and had ten minutes when they could have scored. A couple of last ditch tackles and a couple of excellent saves from Kovar saw us through to the break at 1-0.

Hardley replaced Jones at HT and within four minutes, Shoretire ran on to a ball and after pressuring the defender the ball ended in the back of the net. The announcer gave the goal to Shoretire but it was later given as an o.g. From then on it was all United and Kovar, Hardley and Mengi had virtually nothing to do. We controlled the game and could easily have had another 2/3 goals if not for some desperate defending and their keeper throwing himself at everything. Then in the last minute Elanga rifled one into the top corner from the edge of the box which no keeper would have saved to make it 3-0.

Mather and Hansen-Aaroen did ok after coming on for 20 mins or so.

It was a really good team performance with Elanga, Fernandez, Iqbal, Wellens and Shoretire all playing well. Jurado was ok on his debut and McNeill worked hard without any luck. He still needs to fill out to manage the physical side of U/23 football, particularly when the refs at this level give very little protection.

Team: Kovar, Jurado, Fernandez, Jones, Mengi, Wellens, Hoogewerf, Iqbal, McNeill, Shoretire, Elanga. Subs: Hardley (4), Vitek, Mather (7), Hansen-Aaroen (10), Hugill
Thank you for this excellent summary!

I will now tell myself that this was the only involvement for Manchester United today. Nothing else happened. Everything was good.

lenny_1248

Elanga is too good for this level. Whoever is the coach next season, I hope he will count on Elanga. He's some player.
Ronaldo, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Martial (if he stays), Amad, Elanga - that's 7 players for 3 positions. You have goals, you have pace (Marcus and Elanga are super quick), you have directness, you have creativity (Sancho and Amad). It's a nice balance imo. Just need to build the right system and buy a couple of midfielders.

It was said many times, but just comparing to the times when Marcus was coming up, there is much more talent now in Academy.

pascell

Elanga is too good for this level. Whoever is the coach next season, I hope he will count on Elanga. He's some player.
Ronaldo, Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Martial (if he stays), Amad, Elanga - that's 7 players for 3 positions. You have goals, you have pace (Marcus and Elanga are super quick), you have directness, you have creativity (Sancho and Amad). It's a nice balance imo. Just need to build the right system and buy a couple of midfielders.

It was said many times, but just comparing to the times when Marcus was coming up, there is much more talent now in Academy.
He's at that point of his career were he's outperforming the level of United u23s and Sweden u21s. He now needs first team football to make the next leap in his career and try to breakthrough Sweden first team and then after next season, or next season, Uniteds first team. He's proven himself at u23 level now, it's time for us to get him out on loan in Jan.