Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Garnacho is a handsome young man

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure even Fernandez knows how he got away with that foul.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
BT Sport I think

Yes BT Sport 1 @13:00
Team: Vitek, Jurado, Fernandez, Hardley, Mengi, Iqbal, Garnacho, Hansen-Aaroen, Hugill, Shoretire, Mather
Subs: Bennett, Hanbury, Oyedele, Forson, Hoogewerf, Svidersky, Gore

3-1 up at HT (Iqbal, Hugill, Garnacho) but it could be 5-3 with chances. Our defence looks disinterested.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Team: Vitek, Jurado, Hardley, Mengi, Iqbal, Garnacho, Hansen-Aaroen, Hugill, Shoretire, Mather

3-1 up at HT (Iqbal, Hugill, Garnacho) but it could be 5-3 with chances. Our defence looks disinterested.
I know Fernandez is anywhere but LB, but harsh to leave him out :)

AltiUn

This referee is letting us get away with murder :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Shola has been brilliant this half. Our decision making in the last third has been poor this half - great build up and then just the final pass letting us down.

Edit - Outstanding play by Shoretire and Fernandez and a great finish by Forson gives us the goal we’ve deserved this half! 4-1.

AltiUn

Atalanta score an absolute banger in stoppage time.

AltiUn

Going forward yes! But incredibly lazy in his defending. Even I, a Fernandez fanboy, got annoyed by that today.
Well, yeah, but I've just accepted it at this point :lol: I actually thought he put a shift in defensively today to be honest.

Luke1995

Is this Uefa youth champions league better for the boys's development than the normal U-21 or U-18 game ?

What i'm asking is if there's more quality in the youth european sides compared to the english sides our academy plays normally.

AltiUn

Have Atalanta got anyone who looks potentially like a new Amad or Kulusevski?

Just wondering if they got lucky or they have a pipeline!
They're considered to have the best youth academy in Italy, or at least one of the best.

Mickson

Is this Uefa youth champions league better for the boys's development than the normal U-21 or U-18 game ?

What i'm asking is if there's more quality in the youth european sides compared to the english sides our academy plays normally.
The quality is in parity with the top teams in England, but I think the biggest thing is the experience, the feeling to play against different teams from different cultures and different styles. Also, to travel in luxury, visit international cities, prepare for an actual international game and watching the senior team do the same. So I think the experience here is the biggest element.

Genuinely thought he was playing CM at points.
He's a playmaker from LB!

Demaw

Team: Vitek, Jurado, Fernandez, Hardley, Mengi, Iqbal, Garnacho, Hansen-Aaroen, Hugill, Shoretire, Mather

That looks a really good team on paper.

Demaw

His feel for the game and defensive work are also great
Shola definitely has the It factor, always played above his age and it shows. It has been a good risk, even though he probably got battered a lot as a small kid against older boys. We have heard about him for a long time and he is still only 17. Him with his touch and awareness and Hannibal with his energy and determination could be two good things for us in the future. Both compliment each other.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So with more u23s rescheduling the next 6 matches contain 5 of which will be on Saturday/Sunday, so only 1 will be broadcasted. Literally impossible to even follow them anymore.

What is meant to be a reserve league that prepares young players for the big stage has become one of the most secretive football leagues in the world which is completely inaccessible to anyone. May as well just be playing meaningless friendlies. Match against West Ham this weekend isn't even open to spectators so there is no possible way for anyone see it. The club don't even publish match reports anymore either.

When we all thought the u23s league couldn't be a bigger joke and its actually gone and done it.

Bigsid

So with more u23s rescheduling the next 6 matches contain 5 of which will be on Saturday/Sunday, so only 1 will be broadcasted. Literally impossible to even follow them anymore.

What is meant to be a reserve league that prepares young players for the big stage has become one of the most secretive football leagues in the world which is completely inaccessible to anyone. May as well just be playing meaningless friendlies. Match against West Ham this weekend isn't even open to spectators so there is no possible way for anyone see it. The club don't even publish match reports anymore either.

When we all thought the u23s league couldn't be a bigger joke and its actually gone and done it.
Aren't they all meaningless friendlies?

Mr. MUJAC

I don't think it's a quality issue...more about playing different teams, different stages of development, different tactics, different cultures etc

U/21 and U/18 football is all vanilla.

Mr. MUJAC

Just seen a post on social media that said McAllister's goal against Middlesbrough in the U/16's Nationals was a bit special. We won 2-0 apparently and are in the same group as Chelsea, Spurs and of course Boro.

Bigsid

That's not 16s. They only played today. Finished bottom of group.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
manutd.com is really terrible.....since 2-3 weeks no match reports for the U23 and U18 teams.
Yea they’ve just bizarrely switched to posting a few random pictures from the match like that is meant to tell us anything.

And to add more confusion to the terrible coverage this season, the reason for showing no u23s matches is because they can’t show anything at the same time as a PL match. Well surprise surprise, they are showing the u23s right now while there is a PL match on. So wtf is going on? Has the rule been cancelled because they realized it’s stupid? Impossible to know because they never actually tell you anything.

Bigsid

Thanks for the correction...my own fault for not checking the source.

I've since heard that McAllister scored our goal.
Spurs beat us 5-1 followed by Reading also beating us 1-0.

Last edited:

NFM

I know junior football is about development not results, but the frequency United get beaten by City, Chelsea and Liverpool ( and Arsenal for that matter) must be worrying. Winning games becomes a habit, a good one, losing also becomes a habit and a mental block carried through a career.

Mr. MUJAC

I know junior football is about development not results, but the frequency United get beaten by City, Chelsea and Liverpool ( and Arsenal for that matter) must be worrying. Winning games becomes a habit, a good one, losing also becomes a habit and a mental block carried through a career.
Firstly, we often take in smaller lads compared to those clubs and usually play with younger teams. This is a deliberate strategy so it certain games against more physical teams we will get overrun. However, looking at the three age groups over the last four seasons it's quite 50:50 when you look at it. A few results this season have probably given the impression that it's frequent when it's not.

2018/19

U/23 - DNP
U/18 - Liverpool (3-1 and 1-1)...City (3-3 and 2-2)
PLC - Chelsea (3-0)...Liverpool (3-2)...City (0-3)
FAYC - Chelsea 4-3
U/16 - Liverpool (4-3 and 1-0)...City (1-1, 0-0 and 1-4)

Summary: W6 D5 L2

2019/20

U/23 - DNP
U/18 - Liverpool (3-4)...City (2-1)
U/16 - Need to check records

Summary: W1 D0 L 1

2020/21

U/23 - Liverpool (3-5 and 6-3)...Arsenal (3-3 and 3-0)...City (2-2 and 0-3)...Chelsea (1-6 and 4-2)
U/18 - Liverpool (4-3 and 1-0)...City (1-2 and 4-2)
FAYC - Chelsea (0-1)...Liverpool (0-1)
U/16 - Liverpool...(2-3 and 2-1)...City (2-4 and 1-1)...Arsenal (1-2)

Summary: W7 D3 L9

2021/22

U/23 - Chelsea (1-1)...City (2-4)...Arsenal (1-3)...Liverpool (3-0)
U/18 - Liverpool (0-5)...City (0-3)
U/16 - Liverpool (4-2)

Summary: W2 D1 L4

So over the last four seasons against the clubs you mentioned at all levels our record is W16 D9 L16 which is 50:50 and only against City could we say we have a worse record.