Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wasn't it Cochrane or someone else we brought into the academy scouting that had a great eye for talent in London?
Justin Cochrane is a coach from London and is also now doing the role which was vacated by John Murtough, which is the head of first team development.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Wasn't it Cochrane or someone else we brought into the academy scouting that had a great eye for talent in London?
Cochraine and Jarrett. All they need to do is spot one first team star and they’ll have paid for themselves 10 million times over. Great scouts are still such a cheap hire relative to the profit they can yield and London is such an amazing hotbed of talent. Obviously the very best kids are going to need a bit of financial persuasion to move north and I’m sure it’s the same the other way. I’m just glad we are still right there mixing it up. We can only hope we are spotting the right ones!

Demaw

Cochraine and Jarrett. All they need to do is spot one first team star and they’ll have paid for themselves 10 million times over. Great scouts are still such a cheap hire relative to the profit they can yield and London is such an amazing hotbed of talent. Obviously the very best kids are going to need a bit of financial persuasion to move north and I’m sure it’s the same the other way. I’m just glad we are still right there mixing it up. We can only hope we are spotting the right ones!
Agree, just one, I know with Mason and look at how much he would be worth. Great news on another top signing.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United's U/16's defeated Shrewsbury Town 7-0 in a friendly at Carrington on Saturday.

I don't the know the team but goalscorers were Sharpe 2, Berry, McAllister, Williams, Curley and Nolan.

jb8521

United's U/16's defeated Shrewsbury Town 7-0 in a friendly at Carrington on Saturday.

I don't the know the team but goalscorers were Sharpe 2, Berry, McAllister, Williams, Curley and Nolan.
Not sure of subs but the starting lineup was
Hanbury, Ogunneye, Jackson, Kingdon, Nolan, McAllister, Curley, Berry, Williams, Sharpe, Musa

Bertie Wooster

U18's take on Chelsea away tomorrow in the next round of the PL cup
That's a tough draw!

Just checked and is this the QF stage then? Seems to be. The likes of Fulham, Stoke and Brighton are still in it so a shame we've ended up with Chelsea (or City) away at this stage. Will be a hell of an effort to come away from there with a win.

Mickson

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Going off size of clubs, rather than any knowledge of current U19 squads, those look very tough draws.

The 8 teams we could've had were: Atlético, AZ Alkmaar, Dortmund, Dynamo Kyiv, Genk, Midtjylland, Sevilla, Žilina.

Dortmund and Atletico look the teams to avoid. We've got them both, or Real Madrid, in the next two rounds. Pretty much as tough a draws as we could get by the looks of it. But I guess if the youngsters are going to make it here they'll have to get used to that. :)

Mickson

Going off size of clubs, rather than any knowledge of current U19 squads, those look very tough draws.

The 8 teams we could've had were: Atlético, AZ Alkmaar, Dortmund, Dynamo Kyiv, Genk, Midtjylland, Sevilla, Žilina.

Dortmund and Atletico look the teams to avoid. We've got them both, or Real Madrid, in the next two rounds. Pretty much as tough a draws as we could get by the looks of it. But I guess if the youngsters are going to make it here they'll have to get used to that. :)
It's always difficult to say, but neither Atletico nor Dortmund won their group and Genk defeated Chelsea 5-1, so I guess they are pretty decent. United lost last time out, against Midtjylland in 2019 with Angel Gomes scoring a penalty. We had Laird, Gomes, Williams, etc, and still lost. It's a lot about how the team is set up. I can't see United winning the tournament without Mengi and Elanga though. Otherwise, I'd say they would have a decent chance at winning the whole thing.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United's U/23's defeated Coventry City 2-0 at Carrington earlier today. Shoretire (pen) and Fredricson with the goals. Mejbri played part of the game so is unlikely to feature against Brighton later tonight.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Who's Fredricson? Must have missed that one.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
U18 center back. Been pretty good this season, IMO the best CB in the U18 so far.
Good to hear, feels a while since we were getting excited about Mengi and Fish, be nice if another good CB could come through.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What about big Willy? He was pretty hyped.
He hasn't featured much at all probably due to injury. Which is a bit of a worry due to the amount of games he's missed in the last 12 to 18 months.

lysglimt

Scout
I can promise you it wasnt Isak Hansen-Aaroen who complained to the ref - this was a mild winters day in northern Norway

Mickson

United have been truly terrible in the first half against Palace, and I absolutely mean terrible. Barely got out of their own half. They just keep making mistakes and kicking players all over the pitch, Hannibal is lucky to stay on so far (got booked). Will Fish gets turned inside out every time. A shocking half. United scored in one of the few attacks with a Hannibal driving forward, passing to Shoretire on the left who laid it up for Iqbal to slot home from the edge of the box. It can only get better.

fitzmertz

Under 23s got a late equaliser in the game at Palace. Iqbal made it 2-1 in first half injury time, Fish made it 2-2 in second half injury time.

Long Time Red

United have been truly terrible in the first half against Palace, and I absolutely mean terrible. Barely got out of their own half. They just keep making mistakes and kicking players all over the pitch, Hannibal is lucky to stay on so far (got booked). Will Fish gets turned inside out every time. A shocking half. United scored in one of the few attacks with a Hannibal driving forward, passing to Shoretire on the left who laid it up for Iqbal to slot home from the edge of the box. It can only get better.
Think a lot of these players are further away from the first team than people think.

Should be dominating and beating the likes of Crystal palace even with a few out on loan.

Elanga has looked a mile of Premier League level in his performances so far which says a lot about where the rest of them are at.