Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
U18s currently 3-1 down at Blackburn. Hugill got our goal. Blackburn made it 2-1 direct from the corner kick and then a third goal straight after. Deserved though - they've been the better team. We've looked quite pedestrian. In fact, we've looked so disinterested and devoid of ideas I'm half-convinced it might actually be our first team out there.

Mickson

United have been totally outplayed but foremost, they can't handle Blackburn's physical play and get caught out time and time again. Sloppy performance and deservedly lose heavily. Too weak and not enough firepower today. Hugill decent but too lonely.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Was reading that the lad Bishop that we signed from Southend has done well on loan? Good on him.

He was behind an awful Southend side and currently in a League 2 promotion push.

Always nice to see a loan work out for a young player. Hopefully it'll get him a first team spot permanently at a good level.

Mickson

Was reading that the lad Bishop that we signed from Southend has done well on loan? Good on him.

He was behind an awful Southend side and currently in a League 2 promotion push.

Always nice to see a loan work out for a young player. Hopefully it'll get him a first team spot permanently at a good level.
He plays for Mansfield now and has done well, but I'm not sure he has been fantastic by any means. But I guess that depends on what your expectations are because he has made a few mistakes and is quite shortish, which means he has some troubles in the air in a physical league. I think he will be a League One keeper. Already 23 years old this year.

Beaucoup

United have been totally outplayed but foremost, they can't handle Blackburn's physical play and get caught out time and time again. Sloppy performance and deservedly lose heavily. Too weak and not enough firepower today. Hugill decent but too lonely.
One way traffic in the 2nd half, need to move the ball much quicker.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He plays for Mansfield now and has done well, but I'm not sure he has been fantastic by any means. But I guess that depends on what your expectations are because he has made a few mistakes and is quite shortish, which means he has some troubles in the air in a physical league. I think he will be a League One keeper. Already 23 years old this year.
Tbf, if that does end up being his level then he will have done well.

Good on the lad

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
General News:

The U/15's beat Wolves 1-0 last night in the Floodlit Cup semi-final...Shea Lacey with the goal. The game was played at Trafford FC and open to supporters. Not sure of the full team but Lacey, Fitzgerald, Parker, Ibragimov, Scanlon, Halliday, Mantato and Musa all played.

The U/23 played a friendly against Blackpool at Carrington. I don't know any details but we lost 0-3.

United are sending two teams to Dallas for the Generation Adidas Cup...an U/15 and an U/17 team. The competition will be from 9-17 April. Games will be streamed live on YouTube.

United will also be sending an U/15 team to the Marveld Youth Tournament in May.

SmashedHombre

U18s are currently 1-0 down to Middlesborough. Completely against the run of play but, as so many of our conceded goals are, it was the result of sloppy play on our part.

SmashedHombre

How we playing?
Really well. Hansen, Gore, and Mainoo are controlling the game. Technically the 3 of them are on a different level. Aside from Boro's goal, they haven't threatened us at all. Not sure how it's still 1-1 at half time tbh.

Fanta Stick

Into the last 15 minutes.

Boro proving to be a tough nut to crack but they have seen more of the ball this half which could prove to be their undoing on the break.

Hugill's hold up play has been very poor which isn't helping.

SmashedHombre

Finished 1-1. Second half was a bore fest tbh. Most of the game was spent in the Boro half but we were quite toothless upfront. Not sure taking off Hansen for Oyedele at half time was the right move. Boro just crowded out Hugill and we looked bereft of ideas on how to break them down.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
3-0?! That's a pretty strong team really, any idea what's going wrong?

lysglimt

Scout
Some magnificent names for Leicester: Wormleighton, Maswanhise, Suengchitthawon, Marcal-Madivadua and Leshabela.....not fun for the commentators if those guys go on a counter.

dutchred

Forest beat Chelsea in the youth cup semi. We will play them in the final

fitzmertz

We will play Nottingham Forest in the final of the FA Youth Cup at Old Trafford (date to be announced) Forest won 2-1 with two late goals to seal the win.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Forest beat Chelsea in the youth cup semi. We will play them in the final
The interesting thing is that John Murtough has played a role in the development of both teams indirectly. It was Murtough as the academy director at Fulham who gave the current Forest Academy manager Gary Brazil the opportunity to develop himself at youth level. And Gary Brazil has done a sterling job at Forest as their academy manager.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The interesting thing is that John Murtough has played a role in the development of both teams indirectly. It was Murtough as the academy director at Fulham who gave the current Forest Academy manager Gary Brazil the opportunity to develop himself at youth level. And Gary Brazil has done a sterling job at Forest as their academy manager.
They are also coached by Warren Joyce which I find interesting.

TwoSheds

In general, they can't defend and they have no pace and no penetration going forward since Elanga has been promoted.
Garnacho is rapid though, guess that's not enough on its own.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure he's ready yet to carry the attack as Elanga or Amad did.
Amad never really had to carry the attack, in the few games he did play Mejbri and Shoretire were in scintillating form which is why the football was so good.

SmashedHombre

U18s just kicked off v Sunderland. Gore played last night, right? So this is his 3rd game in as many days?

SmashedHombre

1-0 Ethan Ennis. Beautiful first touch, and a curler form outside the box. Seems to be making a habit of those types of goal!

TwoSheds

U18s just kicked off v Sunderland. Gore played last night, right? So this is his 3rd game in as many days?
I guess it can be good to push yourself but let's hope he doesn't get injured. Should be ok at his age hopefully.

SmashedHombre

1-0 at halftime. Hard to say it's deserved. We scored in the 3rd minute and then allowed Sunderland to slowly get back into the game. Sunderland finished the half the stronger team. Another in a string of so-so performances. Gore continues to show he is one of the most talented players in the squad when he gets the ball, but he has been in and out of the game a lot so far. Can imagine he's in need of a rest.