Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

RPT_Reddevil

Well deserved for the lad. With our challenges upfront at the moment, would love him to grab some minutes with the first team.

In Rainbows

2 goals in 10 in the U23s league, is that really true? Thought he'd have more than that.
Most goal scorers or really, attacking players tend to struggle when making the step up to u23 at first. Exceptions being someone like Greenwood.

Mickson

Most goal scorers or really, attacking players tend to struggle when making the step up to u23 at first. Exceptions being someone like Greenwood.
Greenwood's goal tally isn't that impressive for the U23. Most struggle because they often are poor as a team.

Drainy

Greenwood's goal tally isn't that impressive for the U23. Most struggle because they often are poor as a team.
I agree with this. Often the u23s is poorly coached, has stagnated players in it or physically under developed players and while there may be long term prospects the team as a whole are exploitable and average.

This current u23s side has a few soft players, I fear.

lysglimt

Scout
Mason got 5 goals in 683 minutes for the u23s, that’s a pretty damn good record and mainly as a first year. He was also miles better than Garnacho.
The ones I remember really impressing in terms of goals for our U23 were Rossi, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Will Keane - maybe I have left someone out - but those 3 really stood out as I recall.

Sea-Cow

The ones I remember really impressing in terms of goals for our U23 were Rossi, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Will Keane - maybe I have left someone out - but those 3 really stood out as I recall.
Did James WIlson have a good record?

Mickson

Mason got 5 goals in 683 minutes for the u23s, that’s a pretty damn good record and mainly as a first year. He was also miles better than Garnacho.
He scored three in six games in the 18/19 season. Then he scored two in two in 19/20 where he pretty much also played regularly for the first-team. When he was a first-year he didn't impress much regarding goalscoring, I remember thinking that even... that almost no one impresses that much in the U23 when it comes to goals despite it being a poor league.

Did James WIlson have a good record?
Not anything special.

jb8521

He scored three in six games in the 18/19 season. Then he scored two in two in 19/20 where he pretty much also played regularly for the first-team. When he was a first-year he didn't impress much regarding goalscoring, I remember thinking that even... that almost no one impresses that much in the U23 when it comes to goals despite it being a poor league.

Not anything special.
Wilson scored 7 in 8 starts & 1 sub appearance as a 2nd year u18

jb8521

Yeah but then fell off a bit later in the U23. Still one of the best goalscorers we've seen lately. A shame he was so injury-prone too.
Yeah he had a very good record until he moved up to the seniors. He seems to be getting his career back on track to some degree this season at least.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Token minutes when the season is over, delightful that.

Suppose it's one way to get fans interested in games as there's not much joy in cheering on proven bottlers.

Demaw

Goal was a gift.

I agree, but imagine being ove :( rseas and when the game ends up on MUTV it goes for 4 minutes. Bit hard staying up to midnight as an old fart. I've written to them several times about 4 minute highlights and sorry they can't help.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We’re 3 points behind Spurs and Arsenal with 8 games to go. The season isn’t over.
We also have a harder run to the end whilst Arsenal have a game in hand.

I'd be very impressed if this group manages to find their bollox to get top four, but they won't.

lysglimt

Scout
We also have a harder run to the end whilst Arsenal have a game in hand.

I'd be very impressed if this group manages to find their bollox to get top four, but they won't.
does it really matter ? The only thing that matters right now is Forest in the FA Youth Cup final. Would much more prefer if we give a few of these players a chance at first team level

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
does it really matter ? The only thing that matters right now is Forest in the FA Youth Cup final. Would much more prefer if we give a few of these players a chance at first team level
You are correct obviously, but I'd rather have had some of these players in the first team to reward them for hard work and punish the players who are clearly slacking.

KevinJoh

We’re 3 points behind Spurs and Arsenal with 8 games to go. The season isn’t over.
We are 6 points behind with 7 to go, and we won 3 out of last 9, so I would not bet that we will even win 6 points till the end of the season, and not win 6 more than Spurs

Bigsid

Given we rave on and on about our academy and looking at the state of our first team shouldnt 2 or 3 now be ready to step up from it? Be interesting to see if the level of players produced and coaches have produced top players ready for our first team looking at the standard of those wearing our first team shirt!