Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Demaw

Beaucoup takes a lot of stick on here, but maybe his coaching comment wasn’t far off. Maybe advising the hierarchy
I always found Beaucoup told it how it is. Never an issue. Obviously has a boy etc in the juniors and provides tidbits which is appreciated.

Bigsid

Those two are the Cameroon boys my friend was telling me about. Signed officially as u11s but playing up!

Demaw

Those two are the Cameroon boys my friend was telling me about. Signed officially as u11s but playing up!
Great news, bringing in kids from all around the world. For watchers of 18's etc it will give us hope and joy compared to the firsts. ;)

lysglimt

Scout
If we are being honest here - I have no clue about the coaching situation at youth level - but judging from the standard of our U18 players - either out scouts have done something right, or the coaches have, because at the moment we look better than at any time since I started following the U18s closely - which was during the time Phil Marsh was our leading scorer in the reserves ... round 2004-2005 I would think

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Are we able to sign U11s from Africa then? If so could be an interesting market alternative to Europe

goalscholes

Is that because they're technically too good for the level, or because they're 3 or 4 years older than their birth certificate suggests?

Bigsid

Do we really have to have the same shit every time an African player joins?
[/QUOTE]

So just to confirm you honestly believe that the twins listed above with a birth date of September 2010 are aged 11? Well if they were in my nieces primary school i would be asking serious questions. Sorry but it appears that in the world of international football recruitment morals go out the window.

Demaw

I think I read they're just turned 8 on January 1st. ;) Just big boys for their age. :houllier:

Classical Mechanic

Are we able to sign U11s from Africa then? If so could be an interesting market alternative to Europe
It says they're Anglo-Cameroonian dual nationals so they may have been born here. They are related to some guy who runs a major telecommunications business in Cameroon according to the article so their parents may have come over here for work.

Bigsid

It says they're Anglo-Cameroonian dual nationals so they may have been born here. They are related to some guy who runs a major telecommunications business in Cameroon according to the article so their parents may have come over here for work.
Is that the same David Nkoto Emane arrested for corruption?

lysglimt

Scout
I actually think that is likely - there were several positions in this team where we were solid rather than spectacular. Realistically we won the FA Youth Cup mainly because of our insane central midfield and a certain Garnacho. Apart from those players - there were a lot of players were more O'Shea than Scholes. But the depth and quality of our central midfield is unbelievable at this level right now.

Bigsid

I actually think that is likely - there were several positions in this team where we were solid rather than spectacular. Realistically we won the FA Youth Cup mainly because of our insane central midfield and a certain Garnacho. Apart from those players - there were a lot of players were more O'Shea than Scholes. But the depth and quality of our central midfield is unbelievable at this level right now.
Money spent means we should be up there in these competitions. Money spent on likes of Vitek, Jurado, Garnacho, Mcneil, Hugill and Gore mean we should be comfortably beating teams like Forest. Wasn't blown away by players on show but think longer term Mainoo better talent.

lysglimt

Scout
Money spent means we should be up there in these competitions. Money spent on likes of Vitek, Jurado, Garnacho, Mcneil, Hugill and Gore mean we should be comfortably beating teams like Forest. Wasn't blown away by players on show but think longer term Mainoo better talent.
It's not that easy - Forest at the moment is one of the best clubs at producing talent, and they did beat some half-decent teams to get there. Yes we didn't play great, but we struggled with the physical side of Forest - and you can't really compensate for that.

brother ant

Not to make excuses but there are a lot factors to consider…Getting to a final, the occasion, being at home and having nearly 70k watch you for the first time. Forest are also a very physical team and make it hard, also remember they did make it to the final and are certainly no push overs. The fact they managed to find a way to win when not playing great is a very good sign.

Gore and Mainoo didn’t get on the ball much, when they did they didn’t do anything wrong imo. What I liked is they helped defend superbly. Both needed to demand the ball more and try and take control but it’s not always that simple. Let’s see how they all get on next year

Prodigal7

Not to make excuses but there are a lot factors to consider…Getting to a final, the occasion, being at home and having nearly 70k watch you for the first time. Forest are also a very physical team and make it hard, also remember they did make it to the final and are certainly no push overs. The fact they managed to find a way to win when not playing great is a very good sign.

Gore and Mainoo didn’t get on the ball much, when they did they didn’t do anything wrong imo. What I liked is they helped defend superbly. Both needed to demand the ball more and try and take control but it’s not always that simple. Let’s see how they all get on next year
Agree with this. Remember Forest beat Chelsea 3-1 and are a very good team this year, mostly physically but they also have some good quality. There formation of a 352 made it really difficult for Gore and Mainoo, though Hansen naturally found space between their lines this is a result of the way they set up and it was smart by Joyce. He probably set them up like that after watching Mainoo and Gore rip through the Wolves midfield.