Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
So U18s match was delayed because they had no medical services at Carrington. Match was cancelled but then they got the medical services and game was back on with an hour delay. Time came with the players all on the pitch and the match is abandoned again with no reason given. But I guess it’s a big improvement on last season where a match was cancelled and MUTV and the club just didn’t say anything at all and you had to follow JB on Twitter to find out what was happening.

Hopefully with new owners they’ll completely overhaul the entire logistics of the academy as well as the media coverage. The whole set up is a joke these days.
Medical services hasn’t arrived by 11:30 when game was scheduled to kick off so referee and both teams agreed to put kick-off back one hour.

At 12:30 the medical services still hadn’t arrived so Leeds Utd officials took decision to postpone and get players back to Leeds given circumstances.

Apparently the medical services finally arrived as Leeds bus was leaving. It’s happened at city once as well so I’m guessing it’s a Manchester regional resource issue rather than a Football Club issue.

Plenty of seasons have had fixture congestion in the past so good is nothing new.

Beaucoup

Heard U16 Musa starts in the youth cup, with Jackson at right back, which will be interesting to say the least, depends if Mainoo and Murray get back in time

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
So U18s match was delayed because they had no medical services at Carrington. Match was cancelled but then they got the medical services and game was back on with an hour delay. Time came with the players all on the pitch and the match is abandoned again with no reason given. But I guess it’s a big improvement on last season where a match was cancelled and MUTV and the club just didn’t say anything at all and you had to follow JB on Twitter to find out what was happening.

Hopefully with new owners they’ll completely overhaul the entire logistics of the academy as well as the media coverage. The whole set up is a joke these days.
I applied for that job at the start of the month but didn't get an interview :lol:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
What was the exact role and your experience? Would have been cool to get it
The job was Head of Operations for Pre-Academy and Emerging Talent.

I have a fair bit of operations experience, currently operations manager at a company that deals in E-Sports and have done various logistics roles which the job role was quite heavy in. As well as quite heavy admin work as well as match day operations.

Beyond my current work experience I am also dealing with doing my FA coaching badges as well as being quite into their CPD stuff (Scouting etc.)

Beaucoup

The job was Head of Operations for Pre-Academy and Emerging Talent.

I have a fair bit of operations experience, currently operations manager at a company that deals in E-Sports and have done various logistics roles which the job role was quite heavy in. As well as quite heavy admin work as well as match day operations.

Beyond my current work experience I am also dealing with doing my FA coaching badges as well as being quite into their CPD stuff (Scouting etc.)
These type of jobs go to the boys, you should know that, that’s why our academy is on a downward spiral

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
These type of jobs go to the boys, you should know that, that’s why our academy is on a downward spiral
I know what I have to do in order to get in, I am coming too football with no professional playing experience and later in life, so it is a bit of an uphill battle to get to where I want to be but I will do eventually.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This game could be 6 apiece! Brilliant to watch. We’ve played some lovely football but they have some incredibly powerful runners - running through us at will at times down the flanks. Really like the look of our keeper - brilliant on the ball.

lysglimt

Scout
Strange game - we are 2-0 up, have created 3-4 huge chances - yet I feel like Palace are both quicker and stronger. Some of our players can't keep up with Palace-players tempo - but luckily we are better as a team. Oyadele and Williams have 1 goal and 1 assist, but both have been average at best.

lysglimt

Scout
Palace pull a goal back - questionable defending from Nolan, and Harrison should have done better with the shot

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think Palace will win this, we've been hopeless this half.

lysglimt

Scout
Palace been really poor defensively - so we can easily score one more

lysglimt

Scout
Sam Mather with a gorgeous strike 3-1. Curled it into the top corner from 13-14 yards out. Assist from Moorhouse

lysglimt

Scout
Impressed with how United have fought back after a horrible first 20 minutes

AltiUn

Be interested to see what level Oyedele ends up at, he's a very talented lad.

AltiUn

Think he has struggled a bit today - probably one of his least effective performances.
Yeah he has, I know the timing is weird after today's game, I'm just generally a fan of him.

AltiUn

Gore unlucky not to score with a thunderbolt.

lysglimt

Scout
Gore with a rocket against the bar from 20 yards...just 3 minutes left to play now

lysglimt

Scout
You just know the Palace official homepage will write - "we didn't deserve to lose" - forgetting the 2-3 goals more we should have had in the 1 half :)

Remember the geese

A few players in this side who should have decent careers. I think that Gore is the pick of them all, but the likes of Williams, Mather and Oyedele are decent players. The defenders are generally quite composed on the ball too. I haven't seen much of Harrison, but he looks very promising to me. Quality on the ball.

lysglimt

Scout
I like Aljofree - reads the game well, good with the ball at his feet - really composed.

lysglimt

Scout
Both our full backs were absolutely shite compared to Palaces
Well, not so strange since none of them play there regularly. Jackson is a central defender and Nolan, let's be honest can't defend very well, so he has played further up the pitch in the last few games. I didn't expect much attacking from Jackson, but I didn't expect him to struggle quite as much defensively. Whereas Nolan didn't struggle quite as badly as Jackson / Williams (even if he didn't do enough for the Palace-goal) who gave away 4-5 freekicks in dangerous positions, but I did expect a bit more going forward from Nolan.

But to be honest, I didn't think they were helped much by especially Oyedele and Williams who frequently let players run past them. And I get it, the Palace-players were exceptionally fast and tricky to deal with, but both Oyadele and Williams have perhaps been out 2 best players over the last 4-5 games so I expected more from them. Williams really struggled last night with the exception of that superb pass to Norkett, that gave us 2-0 - and it was rather obvious that him and Jackson have not played together in those positions as the Palace-winger beat them both time and time again, which really should be impossible if they press the right way.

Gore was by far the best player in our 5-man midfield - Mather was strangely anonymous, even in Uniteds good spell - but then popped up with the goal of the game when he curled the ball into the top corner. Williams had a game to forget with the exception of that already mentioned pass to Norkett. Musa was good and was unlucky not to score with his headers but was one of several who vanished in the first 15 mins of the second half, and was substituted. Oyadele had his maybe worst game for United this season, and was at times overrun in midfield. Norkett up top did really well - especially with our 2 first goals where he more or less created the first and got the second.

Defensively Harrison was great, should perhaps have saved the goal, but more than made up for that with a few great saved and solid goalkeeping. I thought Fredricson and Aljofree did really well - despite all the times Palace ran at the United-defense and sent corners/freekicks into the box, the amount of chances they created really wasn't that many.

khoazany

Yeah I think the main difference between us and Palace was the defence. We were far from perfect but they are quite horrendous and probably would have conceded even more on another day.

Keep in mind though that we had 3 unavailable fullbacks who would be all contenders to start.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So the u21s lost again last night in yet another match that was impossible to watch, live or delayed.

But to bring in the comedic effect, the club had to say on the coverage:

For those that cannot attend the game at LSV, team news will be available prior to the 19:00 GMT kick-off, while live updates and images during and after the match will ensure you don’t miss any of the action.

And as if that wasn’t enough, highlights will also be posted across our official platforms later on.
As if that wasn't enough... the club are absolutely chuffed with their coverage. A photo gallery of random pictures that don't tell you anything and blessed with two minutes of highlights. Its brilliant stuff really. Sure what more could you really want? I'm pretty sure I've even seen opposition fans talking about how jealous they are of the coverage, especially the post match images that tell such a story of the match.