Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Is it poor though? didn't our academy team win the Youth cup last season?
Yeah but that, wait checking my notes here…

…is because the team was bought with a lot of money (whereas other academies never are), I could’ve coached them to win it and because the shit head coach let another coach to take charge in the FAYC.

Last edited:

Demaw

Hi Beaucoup, I know you mentioned your young lad was at the academy and moved elsewhere. Obviously you don't have to say where he is, but how is he going? Is he doing well or is he looking at other club options etc?

top1whoisman

Scout
Hi Beaucoup, I know you mentioned your young lad was at the academy and moved elsewhere. Obviously you don't have to say where he is, but how is he going? Is he doing well or is he looking at other club options etc?
Ah, it all makes sense now.

Gungerz

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
U16s won the game 2-1. MK Dons' side included several U18s.

Biancheri & Ibragimov scored. Starting XI was:

1. Byrne-Hughes
2. Kaba
3. Mapengu (I think)
4. Munro (c)
5. Baumann
6. Devaney
7. Musa
8. Scanlon
9. Biancheri
10. Ibragimov
11. Oriola

Thanks for the update. It’s a nice stadium to play at btw.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Was a good game, I live in MK and found out about this a couple weeks ago so went down. Ibragimov is one you can tell just is destined to be an established pro.

stealthy

Was a good game, I live in MK and found out about this a couple weeks ago so went down. Ibragimov is one you can tell just is destined to be an established pro.
Watched him in a few games and he was very good but this youth development business is full of wonder kids especially at United where youth football is in the spotlight. Think Callum Gribbin. U16 & U18 football is worlds away from 1st team, size could be his challenge, and I know he’s only young but he looks very ahead of the curve in maturity, very good aggression and attitude in addition to his ability though so could have decent career, but as always United is a big ask.

Lacey looks to have lots in his locker and so much more to come so is one to watch IMO, but again you just never know, it’s such a big step, and so many variables need to fall in a young players favour.

Last edited:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Watched him in a few games and he was very good but this youth development business is full of wonder kids especially at United where youth football is in the spotlight. Think Callum Gribbin. U16 & U18 football is worlds away from 1st team, size could be his challenge, and I know he’s only young but he looks very ahead of the curve in maturity, very good aggression and attitude in addition to his ability though so could have decent career, but as always United is a big ask.

Lacey looks to have lots in his locker and so much more to come so is one to watch IMO, but again you just never know, it’s such a big step, and so many variables need to fall in a young players favour.
Agreed on all counts, I talk mainly in terms of what I see right now and assume his path and development are linear/smooth (I know that it won't be).

United is always a huge ask, no argument there which is why I temper my expectations and just assume solid pro which is great for the kid, anything beyond that is potentially great for us.

stealthy

Agreed on all counts, I talk mainly in terms of what I see right now and assume his path and development are linear/smooth (I know that it won't be).

United is always a huge ask, no argument there which is why I temper my expectations and just assume solid pro which is great for the kid, anything beyond that is potentially great for us.
100 percent

Gungerz

The U14s won the Albert Phelan Cup North title after beating Sunderland 4-0 in the final. They'll now play in the national final against whoever wins the Southern section.

Last edited:

Sancho99

The U14s won the Albert Phelan Cup North title after beating Sunderland 4-0 in the final. They'll now play in the national final against whoever wins the Southern section.
Seems like a very promising bunch of kids in that age group. Be interesting to see how they fare over the next couple of years.

Gungerz

It's a really good response from this group because they went to an U15 tournament in the Czech Republic last week and finished dead last, losing every single game except one. They were the smallest (and probably youngest) team there but still, I imagine some of the players might have felt a little bit down after that.

top1whoisman

Scout
It's a really good response from this group because they went to an U15 tournament in the Czech Republic last week and finished dead last, losing every single game except one. They were the smallest (and probably youngest) team there but still, I imagine some of the players might have felt a little bit down after that.
Invaluable range of experience.

top1whoisman

Scout
By stating facts. Decent results tbf.
I'm still waiting for the day you state a fact that in any way supports an argument that portrays United in a positive light ;)

I'll give you credit for hanging on here despite so many posters knowing you support City. Kind of, actually. As I also think it's a bit weird hanging on an oppo forum denying that.

Gungerz

They'll play Chelsea in the final. Their squad includes the sons of Thiago Silva & Petr Cech.

top1whoisman

Scout
Adrian Blake, who we among other PL clubs are apparently interested in, made his Watford debut today. Jamaica rumoured to be calling him up so that he’d declare for them instead of England.

Gungerz

Playing Blackpool in a friendly at Bloomfield Road. No livestream unfortunately.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 1-1 (1-0)

Musa scored our equaliser in the second half, Emeran skied a late penalty over the bar.

Gungerz

U14 striker Louie Bradbury scored for & captained Wales U15s in a 3-0 win over South Korea today.

Gungerz

U13s lost 2-0 to Arsenal in the national cup final this afternoon. United missed a penalty with the score at 1-0.

This Arsenal side were also champions last year, beating City 7-1 in the final, so are clearly a very good side.

top1whoisman

Scout
When the lack of pressure and lack of meaningful matches that have genuine consequences is the problem, I’m not sure removing relegation and promotion is the answer.

Last edited:

Gungerz

I don't think it's the worst idea as it means managers/clubs will think more about development instead of just winning or surviving.

Last season Chelsea had to draft in Malang Sarr & Trevoh Chalobah just to avoid relegation. This season Spurs tried (but failed) the same with Lucas Moura, Pape Sarr & Brandon Austin, while just yesterday Leeds earned promotion to PL2 with £35m signing Georginio Rutter scoring one of the goals.

top1whoisman

Scout
I don't think it's the worst idea as it means managers/clubs will think more about development instead of just winning or surviving.

Last season Chelsea had to draft in Malang Sarr & Trevoh Chalobah just to avoid relegation. This season Spurs tried (but failed) the same with Lucas Moura, Pape Sarr & Brandon Austin, while just yesterday Leeds earned promotion to PL2 with £35m signing Georginio Rutter scoring one of the goals.
Then again the teams that have no chance of reaching the playoffs will play for absolutely nothing for the last few months.

Gungerz

Then again the teams that have no chance of reaching the playoffs will play for absolutely nothing for the last few months.
That's kind of the case at the moment though. You've got a title winner + 2 relegated and that's it as far as meaningful placements go. Most teams are just playing for positions in the table that don't have any tangible reward.

At least in this new system finishing higher might give you a more favourable play-off draw. It's obviously nowhere near a perfect idea but I'd like to see them freshen things up a bit.

top1whoisman

Scout
That's kind of the case at the moment though. You've got a title winner + 2 relegated and that's it as far as meaningful placements go. Most teams are just playing for positions in the table that don't have any tangible reward.

At least in this new system finishing higher might give you a more favourable play-off draw. It's obviously nowhere near a perfect scenario but I'd like to see them freshen things up a bit.
At least currently the bottom teams might very well be fighting against relegation. In this system it doesn't matter if you lose all your games.

I hope it will be a positive improvement.

Edit: That’s if the majority (13/20) PL clubs will vote for it. And that could happen if this will be the model the academy managers decide to suggest to the PL board.

Last edited: