Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Cevno

mainly due to other clubs also releasing talent.
Surely, the level of talent we would be looking to take from Denmark won't have been released by their clubs ?

mo0

Surely, the level of talent we would be looking to take from Denmark won't have been released by their clubs ?
talking domestically. i don't condone any club taking on imports - especially 15 year olds - on trial, or otherwise.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Veselli out for the rest of the season
That's quite a disappointment, he was really coming on, I thought.

When he first got here I thought he looked average, but recently I thought he looked fairly assured and even got a few assists to his name.

Hopefully he comes back 100%. Don't think he'll make it at United, but he's been better than Blackett as a FB.

Cevno

Yeah, Vermijl is better than him, imo. He's decent enough to be a Championship player though.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
So, the next game on the schedule for the reserves is Oldham, but it says the game is a 'BHC' game...what would that be exactly? There's the Manchester Senior Cup, the Lancashire Senior Cup and the Blue Stars Youth Cup, but I don't recall any 'BH' Cup.

from the schedule:
Fri 3 May Oldham H
(Carrington 12:00 - BHC)

I'll make a thread as soon as I know what I'm making it for!

Cevno

Behind closed doors, is the only thing i can guess ?

Don't think it'll be telecast.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The MUFC Academy ‏@mrmujac 1h
I've heard that #mufc will enter an U/19 team/league next season...8 pro contracts have been given and a number made 3rd year scholars...
Presume it's for the UEFA U19 Youth Cup next season.

KM

Adam Kearey ‏@adamkearey 1 May
Massive well done to my little pal Joe Rothwell on getting his first pro deal at #MUFC
Ryan Hopper ‏@RyanHopper_ 23h
Town tonight with my boy Joe Rothwell double celebration ! Play offs and his pro deal at united proud of him ! #brothers #family
Seems like Rothwell is one of the 8 mentioned by Mr. Mujac.

Cevno

Daehli,Januzaj,Wilson,Gollini already have pro deals IIRC.

Pearson should be 1 definitely. Rothwell seems confirmed.

Who would the other 6 be ?

Grimshaw, Barmby, Byrne, Weir, Rudge, Love ? Mcnair and Rowley would be other contenders right ?

Cevno

Adam Marshall ‏@AdamSMarshall 31m

Under-21 semi-final at Old Trafford v Liverpool confirmed for Tuesday 14 May at 7pm

KM

Luke Hendrie and Sean McGinty on trial to Leicester City.

Cevno

Nigel Pearson has first refusal on all our young players who are leaving, it seems.

On a sidenote, really nice to see Matty James running games regularly for Leicester now.

jb8521

Guillermo Varela a 20 year old right back from Penarol will start a week long trial with United tomorrow

Cevno

Moyes/Mourinho/Klopp already making signings ? :nervous:

Seriously, though is supposed to have been very good in the South American U20 tournament. Few Journalists saying very good things about him.

KM

Sir Alex has confirmed to MUTV that Chris Smalling and Nick Powell have had operations

There we go about Nick Powell.

mo0

Hendrie also played recently with Leeds United's reserves and has been called up to Scotland's U20s. has been an England U16/17 int'l.

oskarutd

Adnan Januzaj picked for Belgium u-19s for training camp for European Championships

link.

Gollini is with the Italian u-19s.

Vermijl will play for Belgium u-21s in Toulon this summer.

PS18

Interesting to find out if he's joined up - would rule him out of the U21 final on Monday seemingly.

jeston

MR.MUJAC on twitter:

"Nothing official...but hearing that Fornasier, Cofie, Giverin, Veseli, Hendrie and one other have been released.."

Hendrie already pretty much confirmed.. Not surprised about Cofie or Giverin.. Little surprised about Fornasier and possibly Veseli who was coming along well this season.

KM

I'm a bit surprised about Giverin. He had a good loan season at Antwerp.

Exciting next season then, think that means we'll have quite a few acquisitions from outside. Also Luke McCollough is also released.

lysglimt

Scout
With so many youngsters coming up from the U18s - a lot of people had to go to make room for them.

jb8521

Bruno Gomes and Wellington Bueno have been rumored to be coming over for preseason but nothing concrete so far. On a side note Desportivo won a tournament in Holland today with Gomes scoring 2 in the semi final and Bueno scoring the winner against PSV in the final

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Am very surprised that Fornasier has been released. Has been really improved this term. Perhaps his relative lack of stature and lack of pace has counted against him. Should definitely go on to have a good pro career though.