Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

jb8521

Uruguayan press are claiming United have made a bid for Guillermo Varela of 1.5 million euros and a further 800,000 euros based on appearances

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Cool. I really hope we sign a few highly rated kids this summer.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Seems like we've increased our presence in South America in the last two or three years. Good to know.

KM

Giverin, Fornasier, Recce Brown, John Cofie and Luke Hendrie all released.

McGinty's contract was mutually cancelled. Gorre has also left.
Probably our biggest exodus of young player in recent years.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
None of those players I was ever excited about. Good news really, frees up space for the other batch of youngsters, hopefully a lot of the u18s make the transition to the u21s and we get some of those 16 year old up in the u18s.

Looking forward to this.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Cofies a disappointment but I guess we must have our reasons

KM

Anyone have a list of players which won't be eligible for U18 next season?

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I'm not surprised by Brown, Cofie, Hendrie or Giverin. If Cofie was unable to get in the U21 side when we were absolutely desperate for a forward and had to play a midfielder there, then you know he's not long for the team. I am still a bit surprised by Fornasier as he is greatly improved in the last year and we're not exactly blessed with a lot of top class lads in that position from the U18's... most of them are converted midfielders.

lysglimt

Scout
Anyone have a list of players which won't be eligible for U18 next season?
Most of them:
Sutherland, Gollini, Dalley, Wilkinson, Rowley, Love, Grimshaw, Weir, Pearson, Rudge, Rothwell, Daehli, McNair, Barmby and Byrne...

And since most of these will move up to the reserves - a lot of people had to go. Dalley probably will be released!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I wonder who will start at CB for the reserves next season. Thorpe probably deserves a loan at this point, I would hope Wootton and Michael Keane both go back out as well.

Guess it's likely to be McNair and Grimshaw.

Genius Me!

Hopefully Keane gets a premier league loan or stay back at leicester where he's settled and has a good partnership at the back.

Wooton I don't really care for I don't see him making it here.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Wootton is a bit older than the others, about a year and a half, but he still has several years to prove himself. He probably won't become a starter for us, but you could say that about nearly anyone. Personally I think Wootton has some really nice skills, and I think he can become a very good CB if he shores up his weaknesses and continues to develop.

Though I'm somewhat biased, I like his hard-nosed style of play and his commanding presence in the air. He would invariably go attack the long balls and is very consistent. I'd love to see him make it to a good EPL side like Everton or West Brom.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
How good is Powell? What is his ceiling currently?

Genius Me!

Not sure, haven't seen the inside of his house. But he's pretty good, could probably do with a loan next season and get regular football at the top levels.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Varela is a 20 year old Uruguayan rightback and is going to the U20 World Cup this summer in Turkey. He's a key player for them too. He hasn't broken into Penerols first team, but looks an exciting prospect.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I don't understand Fornasier's release at all. Thought he had massively improved this season, and if we're looking to loan out Thorpe and Keane then we're hardly stocked in the CB position.

Will Absolute

I don't understand Fornasier's release at all. Thought he had massively improved this season, and if we're looking to loan out Thorpe and Keane then we're hardly stocked in the CB position.
I thought he looked good this season as well. Seemed to be a mainstay of our defence. And he's only 19.

Maybe something behind the scenes..? I suppose the outside view doesn't always tell the story.

lysglimt

Scout
Easy - he is a 20 year old central defender who looks a decent prospect but who lacks that little bit extra. He is up against Ferdinand, Vidic, Jones, Evans and Smalling - in addition to at least Thorpe and Keane looks far more promising prospects.

If you are something like the 9th choice - when you are 20 years old, you don't really have much of a future at the club.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I thought he looked good this season as well. Seemed to be a mainstay of our defence. And he's only 19.

Maybe something behind the scenes..? I suppose the outside view doesn't always tell the story.
It'll be interesting to see where he goes now, if it's back to Italy then you wonder if he knows he won't make the cut at United and has asked to leave to start his first-team career. We had Norwood do the same last season, and he's had a relatively good campaign at Huddersfield from what I've heard and when I've seen him.

Easy - he is a 20 year old central defender who looks a decent prospect but who lacks that little bit extra. He is up against Ferdinand, Vidic, Jones, Evans and Smalling - in addition to at least Thorpe and Keane looks far more promising prospects.

If you are something like the 9th choice - when you are 20 years old, you don't really have much of a future at the club.
Very short sighted there lysglimt. A 20 year old defender playing in the U21's is hardly a problem. My point is that if we're looking to either promote or loan those who have the ability to make it at United (namely Thorpe and Keane) then I don't see why we're releasing a player who has been playing well for the U21's and really isn't just making up the numbers in the U21's. If Keane and Thorpe both get loans, then we'll need players like Fornasier to make sure that the U21's aren't leaking goals.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Results aren't the be all and end all at that level. The gist here is that Fornasier's been a regular for the u21s for two seasons now and he needs to take the next step. If we figured he had a future with us we'd loan him rather than let him go all together, but leaving him to stagnate in the u21s for the good of our defensive solidity would be very un-United-like.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

This is the young full-back we're said to be closing in on. Looks like a decent player.

jb8521

Czech Republic under 17 midfielder Roman Macek has had trials with United

Decotron

Here's a cracking translation!!! :lol:

Roman Macek succeeded on an internship in Manchester

Roman Macek completed another successful internship. After the Italian Juventus and Arsenal London is also presented in the Manchester United youth academy. The talented midfielder has shoemakers and at 16 years is really nothing to compare. And it is very likely that in the summer to one of the named clubs will also head.

"If I had to compare Arsenal and Manchester and Manchester it was all pleasant circumstances. I enjoyed it much more than Arsenal, "says Roman Macek, after which the famous English club really wanted. After twice due to his academic responsibilities, representation Zlin team nominations for the qualifying matches of the Czech Republic moved term internships.

"I am very glad that I came in Manchester all meet. Was it really worth it, "he Zlin midfielder, who as Arsenal saw a number of stars with their own eyes. "Even in Manchester, the youth meets with the players and the implementation team first team at the training center and to lunch," says Roman Macek.

It is therefore obvious that missed or coaching legend Sir Alex Ferguson. Scottish pilot spent on the bench Red Devils 27 years ago, but announced his departure from the club. "I looked at him with my mouth open and distance I watched him. Manchester was just before the match and Mr. Ferguson was a little nervous, "observed Czech youth representative.

How could it not! Indeed, one of the most famous clubs in the world hosted in the day at Old Trafford team Aston Villa, which thanks to Robin van Persie hat-trick overcame a 3-0 start to celebrate twenty titles in the history of the club. Ferguson himself was now at thirteen of them. "The match I saw with my own eyes and it was something incredible. Definitely the most powerful experience in my career. Maybe because of this internship are in Manchester highest of all, "said Macek.

Even while he did not leave with a bad impression of their hosts. Quite the opposite. After two days of training jumped into the model match U18 category and observer definitely interested. "Right after the game told me your opinion. The entire internship was very positive including wrestling. That to me was a success especially the second half. Manchester I will therefore continue to watch, "said midfielder Zlin.

KM

"Right after the game told me your opinion. The entire internship was very positive including wrestling.
Nice innovative training technique that.

Looking forward for a Vida pedigree on some of the strikers next season.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
2013/14 U21 Squad

Goalkeepers; Amos*, Johnstone*, Gollini, Sutherland

Defenders; Vermijl*, Thorpe*, M.Keane*, Blackett, James, Grimshaw, Love, Rowley, Dalley, Mcnair.

Midfielders; Tunnicliffe*, Cole, Lingard, Ekangemene, Pearson, Weir, Rothwell, Rudge, Barmby, Daehli, Januzaj, Powell*.

Forwards; Lawrence, Byrne, W.Keane, Henriquez*.

* Players who could well be Loaned out/Sold/Released in the near future IMO.