Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Cevno

Luke Hendrie and Sean Mcginty apparently trained with the Senior team today ahead of preparing for Madrid.

Had forgotten about Hendrie this season almost. Where has he been ?

Also, Scott Wootton is out till pre season probably.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Pardon my ignorance but I've never heard of Hendrie before. I must have seen him play, but probably didn't take any notice of him.

What position does he play, and how's it going for him? Good chance of making it at United or not?

Cevno

Here's Luke Hendrie training today with Buttner.

He's a midfielder who has played at Fullback IIRC. Was playing for the U18's last season and also played a few reserve matches towards the end of the season, but don't know where he has been this season.

mo0

hate this question: "Good chance of making it at United or not?"

right up there with, "is he any good?"

and Wootton was marked as out for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury, so he may...may have a slight chance of making an app back at Posh. maybe.

Cevno

and Wootton was marked as out for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury, so he may...may have a slight chance of making an app back at Posh. maybe.
Think Wootton said on his twitter that he had received a bad injury and was out till pre-season.

lysglimt

Scout

Good chance of making it ? No - but then again 9 out of 10 won't make it. Should be added that he has done nothing to indicate that he is number 10

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Powell scored both goals in Wednesday's win against West Ham with Januzaj playing just behind him during the 2-0 triumph.

"Adnan is a beautifully balanced player," Sir Alex told Inside United. "He's only 18 and still to grow into his frame. But he has good balance, good acceleration and he's a very good technical player.

"He and Nick, of the younger players, are at the top. They're very good.

"Nick has had a few injuries and has had a bit of bad luck so we feel Carrington is the best place for him at the moment [rather than sending him out on loan]. That way, we can work on bringing him on physically and preparing him for next season."

Meanwhile, Reserves coach Warren Joyce has also spoken about the talented teenagers recently.

"Nick's got talent," he told ManUtd.com. "He can play anywhere on a football pitch as he's got really good ability.

"Adnan is still developing but there's no doubt he's got talent too. He's got a good footballing brain and a good touch. We're trying to get him stronger and fitter and he's getting to know the Manchester United style of play as well.

"He's grown up a certain way and I think he has had a tremendous education over in Belgium. He's come over here with good technique and is desperate to be a footballer as well so he's got a lot of things going for him."
Seems they're convinced that both of them will make it at the top.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think Januzaj has shown outstanding attitude so far in the u21s. He's technically one of/the best player at that level, but he's started working his socks off every game. I can certainly see where Joyce is coming from when he says Adnan really wants to be a footballer, you can just tell he's desperate to impress with every performance now.

Forevergiggs

Anyone know the latest on Will Keane? If I am correct he was supposed to be back by the turn of the year but there are no sings of him yet. Has he even started light training yet?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I thought he was out for pretty much the whole season? Unless there's been an update in the last few months that I missed.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Wonderful news, hopefully he starts training soon. It's quite annoying that our best 2 young strikers are injured.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The U21 home game vs. Southampton has been moved from April 8th to the 9th (KO still 19:00), and the U21 home game vs. Liverpool has been moved from April 22nd to the 19th (KO listed as 19:00 but also says TBC).

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...ves-Under-21-fixtures-2012-2013.aspx?pageNo=2

Sun 17 Mar West Brom A
(The Hawthorns 14:00)
Wed 20 Mar Arsenal A
(Underhill 19:00)
Fri 22 Mar - Mon 1 Apr: DALLAS CUP
Tue 9 Apr Southampton H
(Moss Lane 19:00)
Mon 15 Apr Tottenham H
(Moss Lane 19:00)
Fri 19 Apr Liverpool H
(Old Trafford, 19:00) - TBC
Fri 26 Apr Wolves A
(AFC Telford 19:00)
Tue 30 Apr West Brom H
(Old Trafford 19:00)
Wed 8 May Under-21 Play-Off
Sat 11 May Under-21 semi-final
Sat 18 May Under-21 final

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy

mo0

@backofthenet - ha! true :)

well, to be honest, Keane's in that odd period between the 19s/21s. Dawson, Caulker, Wisdom, Lees all have a leg up on him in terms of age and experience. well, everyone bar Wisdom i'd say - but he's been part of the England setup for many years, he's a known quantity, won the U17 Euros alongside Chalobah at CB...etc.

feel strongly Keane will be part of that side post-Euro U21 Championships. doesn't wholly make sense to call him up right now as an uncapped entity at that level.

if anything, btw, Eric Dier should have a bigger shout. 1st team footballer at CB for Sporting CP. would be great to see Dier and Keane side by side post-summer.

Cevno

Wisdom at CB ? And hasn't Dier been playing Midfield like Chalobah ?

But anyways, He has picked a squad of 28 this time. Even you discount those 4 you named he has picked 3 LB's for some reason and also Ryan Bennett ahead of Keane.

Cevno

Btw, MOo are the likes of Pearson, Wilson too old for the U17's now or not just selected due to other competition ?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
hopefully keane is coming back to ireland ;)

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Btw, MOo are the likes of Pearson, Wilson too old for the U17's now or not just selected due to other competition ?
Person captained the u18s recently. Weir and Grimshaw also featured.

Cevno

Yeah, i know but they haven't been selected for the U17 qualifying squad announced recently.

jb8521

Yeah, i know but they haven't been selected for the U17 qualifying squad announced recently.
Yeah theyre too old for it. To qualify this year you have to be born in 96 or after

mo0

Wisdom at CB ? And hasn't Dier been playing Midfield like Chalobah ?

But anyways, He has picked a squad of 28 this time. Even you discount those 4 you named he has picked 3 LB's for some reason and also Ryan Bennett ahead of Keane.
i don't know how to rationalise what Stuart Pearce does as a manager. looking forward to seeing fresh blood at the helm after his contract expires.

as for Wisdom, he's played at CB for the England youth teams - RB for Liverpool.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
U17 Euros

Belgium with Pereira lost 4-1 to Italy (other Pereira plays tomorrow at 5 with against Poland)

Sondre Rossbach (former United trialist, apparent is/was going to sign with us) in goal as Norway drawing 0-0 with Italy

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
As you well know by now, Powell ran Turkey ragged last night but missed a last minute penalty.
Keane was called up to the u21s and no Pereira for Switzerland this afternoon 0-0 with Poland 76 minutes gone.

jb8521

As you well know by now, Powell ran Turkey ragged last night but missed a last minute penalty.
Keane was called up to the u21s and no Pereira for Switzerland this afternoon 0-0 with Poland 76 minutes gone.
Pereira is with Portugal now isn't he

Cevno

Tom Lawrence scored the winner for Wales U21 against Moldova today. Had a good game as well from the accounts of it.