Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Danish Wizard

Uniteds U15's are in Denmark to play the Crowne Plaza Cup in Copenhagen.
Yesterday they lost 1-7 to FC Midtjylland.
Today they lost 0-1 to Swedish side IFK Nörrköping and then lost 0-6 to Finnish side HJK Helsinki.

They finished last in the group, FC Midtjylland won the group after three wins.
Tomorrow they play a match vs either FC Roskilde or IFK Göteborg for the 15/16 place.

Danish Wizard

Uniteds U15 lost their final match at the Crowne Plaza Cup in Denmark.
IFK Göteborg won 4-2, and United finish last of the 16 teams, having lost all their matches.

Apparently United had sent their U14-boys to participate in the U15 group.

Bigsid

Haven't we released practically every under 15?
IFK Göteborg won 4-2, and United finish last of the 16 teams, having lost all their matches.

SweFan

Haven't we released practically every under 15?

I think this may just be a class naming misunderstanding. U15 = boys born 2004 (which are called U14 here in Sweden at least...). So the U15 class in this tourney - the oldest age group - was B2004
http://www.kastrupboldklub.dk/staevneaktiviteter/crowne-plaza-elite-cup/program/

jb8521

Danish Wizard

United sent players born in 2005 & some born after September 1st 2004 so would be the u14 group in terms of English football
True. In Denmark we have another system, it has always been an issue when we have played teams from abroad.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Like the look of Sotona from that vid. Has a funny, clumsy top heavy looking style but he actually gets down really low as he runs and uses his balance and strength very well. Think there's a lot of potential there by the looks of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Dutch under 20s beat their English counterparts 3-1 with Chong amongst the goals.

Beaucoup

Every boy in that age group is on full time programme (including goalkeeper) and as I say their quota is full apparently. United's programme is part time so we can sign upto 30.
Pretty sure he’s now signed for City.

Bigsid

Asked friend and seems its true though he reckons he's average. A damning indictment of our academy when first team players children are signing for City though! What on earth would posses them to send them there?

Reactions: KM

Beaucoup

Asked friend and seems its true though he reckons he's average. A damning indictment of our academy when first team players children are signing for City though! What on earth would posses them to send them there?
He's a very good keeper, better than both Utd and City's in that age group, and yes you are correct, it doesn't make our Academy look good when he wen't on trial at both and chose City.

Bigsid

He's a very good keeper, better than both Utd and City's in that age group, and yes you are correct, it doesn't make our Academy look good when he wen't on trial at both and chose City.
Not to worry. Dont know much about keeping but would imagine its hard to tell at 12 years of age when they only really play mid 20s. End of day unless your gonna be 6 feet 4 or more chances are you won't play top level anyway.

Beaucoup

Not to worry. Dont know much about keeping but would imagine its hard to tell at 12 years of age when they only really play mid 20s. End of day unless your gonna be 6 feet 4 or more chances are you won't play top level anyway.
Yes. I completely agree, that's why we bring in so many keepers in the older age groups, but I know as a fact, the academy coaches/scouts wanted him to sign, couple this with his dad playing for us, it's not great for PR.

Bigsid

Popular opinion seems to be that from March next year (post Brexit) no u18 in the EU will be able to move here. This will surely be a game changer?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Has there been any clarification regarding that? That'd be an enormous kick in the teeth for English football.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Popular opinion seems to be that from March next year (post Brexit) no u18 in the EU will be able to move here. This will surely be a game changer?
Good - the vast majority of them are garbage and only signed as favours to agents with a view to access to senior talent further down the line.

The amount of talent England’s currently producing makes this completely irrelevant.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good - the vast majority of them are garbage and only signed as favours to agents with a view to access to senior talent further down the line.

The amount of talent England’s currently producing makes this completely irrelevant.
:lol:

NickyT

That is a quite ridiculous statement, England are producing talent true, but what happens when said young British talent see the progress of a Jadon Sancho or a Mason Mount, who've made names for themselves abroad, and get a Full England call up barely a season out of 'academy football'. Are they gonna be an option for British academies, teams?

I can name at least 5 top talents that left the UK this summer alone, could imagine that number going up by next summer. Therefore it's not irrelevant.

Also clubs do tons of due diligence before signing a player from another UK academy, not to mention abroad, so to suggest it's to keep an agent sweet is a bit naive, especially as most deals between players and agents/agencies run for about 1/2 years, it just doesn't add up if you really think about it.

Utdstar01

Moise Kean won't be playing for the youth team tomorrow. Apparently he's with their senior team.

Bigsid

Went to watch u13 north west final last night between City and United. Hate to say it but was completely one sided. City went 4-1 up before we pulled couple of consolation goals back near end to keep it respectable.

Beaucoup

Went to watch u13 north west final last night between City and United. Hate to say it but was completely one sided. City went 4-1 up before we pulled couple of consolation goals back near end to keep it respectable.
City are very structured and well drilled in their play, Utd are not coached at all at this age group, that was the difference between the two sides (plus the man City had up front?), I would also say that some of Utd's players were streets ahead of the City lads when it comes to flair,natural and technical ability. I Remember watching City batter our U14/15 a couple of season ago into a double digit loss, Mason Greenwood was playing, didn't work out too bad for him.

Bigsid

City are very structured and well drilled in their play, Utd are not coached at all at this age group, that was the difference between the two sides (plus the man City had up front?), I would also say that some of Utd's players were streets ahead of the City lads when it comes to flair,natural and technical ability. I Remember watching City batter our U14/15 a couple of season ago into a double digit loss, Mason Greenwood was playing, didn't work out too bad for him.
You probably watch them more but personally didnt see any flair from us and honestly thought City were technically on another level despite United looking miles older and more physically developed. The 10 and 11 were different class to what we had and their style of football and how they played out from the back was impressive at that age. Maybe it evens out in older ages but im just being honest in what i saw.