Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

kundalini

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Did I miss the bit where it was explained what type of cancer he has ?

His fundraising page doesn't explain what he is raising funds for. Does show pics of him having lost his hair.

Not good to have cancer as a teenager. Hope he recovers fully.
It'd normally be leukaemia in a teenager I'd guess, survival rates are good for that with modern treatment. Not that the type matters I suppose but great to hear he's recovered.

NickyT

Emeran is French. Odubeko and Sotona is Irish. Iestyn Hughes is Welsh. The rest is pretty much English (Polakowski is eligible for Poland).
Odubeko, Sotona, Shoretire are all of Nigerian heritage.

Can also imagine Sotona wouldn't be too far off eligibility for England being in the schooling system for a few years now, permitting he's been here long enough that is.

khoazany

Well... We are going to just sell/release everyone from that group are we? Good for Laird/Williams/Bernard/Mengi though.

jb8521

The u16s beat FK Poprad u17s 5-0 yesterday. Goals from Odubeko, Sotona, Forson (u15) Mainoo (u14) & Norkett (u14).

Prodigal7

Does the Man United Premier Cup still exist (world wide U15s tourny)? Always looked at that as the worlds most competitive youth tournament and to gauge the up and coming youngsters about to become scholars. Not sure if it stopped with our Nike sponsorship as I think it was also called the Nike Cup(?)

jb8521

Does the Man United Premier Cup still exist (world wide U15s tourny)? Always looked at that as the worlds most competitive youth tournament and to gauge the up and coming youngsters about to become scholars. Not sure if it stopped with our Nike sponsorship as I think it was also called the Nike Cup(?)
As far as I know it still exists but werew not involved in it anymore

In Rainbows

looking for more money, simple as that.
Can't sell him until he's 18 to a foreign club and he wants to go to a top foreign club. They have made it known that their club needs to sell players and that's their business model as a club.

kundalini

U23s lost 1-3 to Reading in PL International Cup. Levitt slipped taking a pen yet still found the net.

Shocking decision to award the penalty, though probably didn't look quite as ridiculous in real time as it does on the replay.

Traore and Ramazani started. Stanley and Galbraith on as subs.

Kovar, O’Connor, Ercolani, Bernard, Williams B. (Tanner 78): Levitt, Barlow, Traore (Stanley 73); Bohui, Burkart (Galbraith 63), Ramazani.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-manchester-united-v-reading-25-february-2019

Warren and Buffonge played on trial for Bolton U23s last night. Buffonge scored in a 3-3 draw with Barnsley.

Last edited:

NickyT

lysglimt

Scout
I am sure he is talented - but is there a chance he can get a Work permit ?

Redo91

Let's leave the borderline racist comments to Trump please and focus on United youth talent please, thanks.

Is this kid any good, daily mail said he has interest from Watford, not one of the best academies at present so not really a good read on how talented he could be...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nited-teenager-winger-Zito-Luvumbo-trial.html
Think it also says the big three in Portugal are looking at him and they obviously have a good track record of spotting young talent.

A bit off topic but said in the article that Manucho is now 35! :eek:

NickyT

Think it also says the big three in Portugal are looking at him and they obviously have a good track record of spotting young talent.

A bit off topic but said in the article that Manucho is now 35! :eek:
Portuguese clubs are more inclined to take the risk on players from Portuguese colonies like Angola as they are eligible for Portuguese nationality, also they kinda stockpile talent in Portugal as their B teams play in the league as well as having a competitive 23's league.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Let's leave the borderline racist comments to Trump please and focus on United youth talent please, thanks.

Is this kid any good, daily mail said he has interest from Watford, not one of the best academies at present so not really a good read on how talented he could be...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nited-teenager-winger-Zito-Luvumbo-trial.html
This article says that he's right now training with the u18s. This could be easily verified by one of you lot

Beaucoup

Behave yourself, the Academy system is absolutely blighted by African players with dubious passports, it's not racist. it's a fact, I see it week in, week out. Unfortunately a lot of Academy coaches turn a blind eye to it because it gives them an advantage.

MJJ

Behave yourself, the Academy system is absolutely blighted by African players with dubious passports, it's not racist. it's a fact, I see it week in, week out. Unfortunately a lot of Academy coaches turn a blind eye to it because it gives them an advantage.
Step 1: leave a racist comment
Step 2: tell others to behave themselves
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

Beaucoup

This article says that he's right now training with the u18s. This could be easily verified by one of you lot
U17 play PNE next Friday, If he’s still training with us, I imagine he’ll play.