Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

In Rainbows

I wouldn't be surprised if Traore ends up better than Galbraith though. I'm in agreement that I think Galbraith is currently better and I'm not too high on Traore. Then again, I thought the same of McTominay. If Traore somehow improves in those areas, coupled with his physical tools, and his great feet, he will become better. So to me he has a higher ceiling.

BTW, any idea on Hoogewerf, Mejia, etc...? Still waiting on clearance?

Last edited:

khoazany

I wouldn't be surprised if Traore ends up better than Galbraith though. I'm in agreement that I think Galbraith is currently better and I'm not too high on Traore. Then again, I thought the same of McTominay. If Traore somehow improves in those areas, coupled with his physical tools, and his great feet, he will become better. So to me he has a higher ceiling.

BTW, any idea on Hoogewerf, Mejia, etc...? Still waiting on clearance?
I think Traore has gone from overrated to become underrated. His shortcomings are fixable for me and he has a look of a decent European player for the future. Doubt he'll be anywhere good enough for United mind. Galbraith has been under the spotlight last 2 years since he's in same age group with 4 CMs who are better than most CMs came through the academy in recent years. I think he's better than Hamilton for example. Whether he's better than Traore is debatable, but I believe he'll look better if he's played in his favorite position instead of shifted to the wing or played as number 6 to accommodate his peers.

Barlow is someone who should be worried since he'll face stiff competition from the players younger than him this season (and he's not really superior than any of them) , and he's not ready for loan yet from the look of it.

Last edited:

mattunited1978

doommonger
U16s squad for the Milk Cup. The only actual club u16s in it are Lawton, Nkwonta & Forson. Shoretire still young enough for this but is with the u18s & scored twice against Spurs today.
http://www.supercupni.com/teams/manchester-united.html
I know Forson is highly rated, is there any others in this squad who are regarded as special talents or among the best in there age group nationally? Cheers

jb8521

I know Forson is highly rated, is there any others in this squad who are regarded as special talents or among the best in there age group nationally? Cheers
Mather & Murray have just been at England camp so fairly highly rated. Apart from them I've liked the look of Fredrickson, Mainoo, Kavanagh, Norkett & Popov when I've seen them. I've heard Oyedele is good but haven't seen much of him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The Arsenal game is still on the BBC stream at the minute, will it switch to the United game after this game finishes?

AltiUn

The opposition are taking the piss a bit with their challenges, flying in, constantly sliding. It's pre-season, relax.

EDIT: well, that was coming :lol: 1-1, Levitt scores a penalty as Williams is hacked down in the box.

cj_sparky

Nice Pen from Levitt.

Williams and Laird are going to be interesting to watch over the next few seasons and see how they develop.

AltiUn

Laird doing as Laird does :drool: 2-1 United, Mellor with the goal.

AltiUn

First proper game I've seen of this newly managed U23 side, very much liking the system. When the wingers get it they try driving through the center with the strikers and full backs bombing forward for the overlaps, when Mellor gets it he holds up until one of the wingers or full backs has overlapped. Very direct and reminiscent of McKenna's U18 side who won the title.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't really see it with Levitt tbh, Garner looks much the better of the 2 midfielders to me, doesn't go for those big hopeful balls all the time but still moves it quickly when the opportunity is on. Williams and Laird are as ever good to watch.

AltiUn

Beautiful through ball from Barlow to Mellor, we've been brilliant to watch. Wouldn't shock me to see us get a couple more. 3-1 United.

AltiUn

First attack of the half for the opposition results in a penalty, 3-2.

Some bizzare refereeing with everything going Ballymena's way, referee must be a local fan.

AltiUn

4-2 United, 10 minutes to go, Puigmal with a tap in after the Ballymena keeper parries the ball to his feet.

4-3, United are caught on the break when Elanga was called offside (although how a foul on Traore wasn't given I'll never know).

Mickson

Their pen looked strange. Anyway, it's worrying how weak we still are in defense. Conceding three goals against more or less a pub team and they were so dangerous in every attack, which was few. Mengi and Bernard don't look good enough tbh. Plenty of positives though like Laird and Williams, who really should've been on tour both of them. Good game from Mellor and Garner, even though the latter can be rash sometimes.

AltiUn

Their pen looked strange. Anyway, it's worrying how weak we still are in defense. Conceding three goals against more or less a pub team and they were so dangerous in every attack, which was few. Mengi and Bernard don't look good enough tbh. Plenty of positives though like Laird and Williams, who really should've been on tour both of them. Good game from Mellor and Garner, even though the latter can be rash sometimes.
Didn't get a good replay, the view was obscured, thought it was very unclear if he was tripped by Laird or himself.

NickyT

Forson looks quality out there, Norkett is a proper bully up top aswell. Love it!

AltiUn

Can see why Forson's so highly rated, looks quality.

jb8521

I thought Kavanagh looked better than Forson personally. Forson has all the ability in the world & if he puts it together he could be excellent but in the 2 games he's seemed like he wanted to do everything himself & completely slowed down the game. Mather was easily the best player on the pitch in the first game.

khoazany

Kavanagh looks good. Never seen him and Veevers together in midfield so would like to see it at some point (not this tournament).