Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Nick7

Guys, not very related but wanted your opinion on Barca playing a 16 year old kid yesterday.
All that - not ready to play vs men, first a loan and more stuff.
He ain't going to be a starter for them. It's pretty much the same as us bringing on Garner last season for 5 minutes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Nice. I'd love Iqbal to break through, what a name that is.

khoazany

When I watched Iqbal as an 11-12 yo he looks outrageous, but obviously his physical development hasn't been going that well. Looks like we're playing him deeper as a number 8 so probably we'll see him partner with Mejbri/Savage/Wellens on U18s midfield next season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
So O'Connor is gone means we have Laird, Ercolani, Bernard, Mengi and Williams as options in defence + obviously the U18 players.
If Laird and Bernard are still out after the international break then we will probably play Williams/Ercolani/Mengi/Puigmal.....i don't like Puigmal as RB or RW but obviously to be on the pitch is better than to sit on the bench......if Laird is longer injured then maybe Williams as RB and Devine as LB would be nice for some games too.

oskarutd

So O'Connor is gone means we have Laird, Ercolani, Bernard, Mengi and Williams as options in defence + obviously the U18 players.
If Laird and Bernard are still out after the international break then we will probably play Williams/Ercolani/Mengi/Puigmal.....i don't like Puigmal as RB or RW but obviously to be on the pitch is better than to sit on the bench......if Laird is longer injured then maybe Williams as RB and Devine as LB would be nice for some games too.
Taylor too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

What's this about? Were we linked with him?
There were rumours apparently, but nothing significant. They didn't really do the kid a favour by linking us in the tweet, the comments are all "who is that?"

Anyhow, seems Forest fans aren't too disappointed, not least because of the fee. And they question the link to United in the first place.

khoazany

Will probably be Devine LB Williams RB or Puigmal RB Ramazani RW Elanga LW once Mellor is back. U18s will probably move Bejger to LB and put Hughes or Neville at RB once if we move Devine up...

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
He's injured along with Emeran, Mejia, Svidersky & Denham from the u18s
Cheers @jb8521, such a shame for the lad, not seen as much of him as yourself and one or two others but going off highlights from various youth tournaments the last few years he after Mason Greenwood was the one who I was most looking forward to seeing how he developed, but the lad can't seem to catch a break.

Denham can't be so far away as I noticed he and Iestyn Hughes are on stand-by for the Welsh u18/u19s

jb8521

Cheers @jb8521, such a shame for the lad, not seen as much of him as yourself and one or two others but going off highlights from various youth tournaments the last few years he after Mason Greenwood was the one who I was most looking forward to seeing how he developed, but the lad can't seem to catch a break.

Denham can't be so far away as I noticed he and Iestyn Hughes are on stand-by for the Welsh u18/u19s
Yeah a few years ago he was rated nearly as highly as Greenwood but has had no luck at all with injuries

Vissy

People have made comebacks from very bad injuries and I hope he can too. He could still go on to become a very good player if luck stays on his side in terms of injuries.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Any news on what club has Odubeko has signed for? I did a google search and could only find news of him leaving the club. Strange one as I thought he'd have already found a club.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

So United trashed City's u15 and u14 teams and this clown comes out with this excuse.

Bigsid

Asked lad I know and no 15s in any tournament. 10 boys away in Spain with u14s playing Barca so played a few 13s. He said it could have been 10. 13s didn't play and main United 12s side beat them too. If we were them am sure it would be in the M.E.N by now.

Beaucoup

Asked lad I know and no 15s in any tournament. 10 boys away in Spain with u14s playing Barca so played a few 13s. He said it could have been 10. 13s didn't play and main United 12s side beat them too. If we were them am sure it would be in the M.E.N by now.
To be fair, Utd's U14's had three U15's playing, it was very much men against boys, so I wouldn't get too carried away.

jb8521

To be fair, Utd's U14's had three U15's playing, it was very much men against boys, so I wouldn't get too carried away.
The lads United had involved was to do with bio banding wasn't it? So they were smaller than most of the u14s anyway

Bigsid

15s should comfortably beat 13s no matter how small they are.

Loopy

15s should comfortably beat 13s no matter how small they are.
They had only a couple of u13’s playing at not playing the entire match.

Our u15 are amongst the smallest in the U14-u15, with our biggest u14’s being head and shoulders above them.

Utd have class not shouting the underage / foundation stage - and some may say insignificant results from our roof top!

Loopy

They aren't
They are amongst the smallest in the squad of U15 and smaller than the average U14 players.

I’m not sure if they officially bio band at this age group though, that would make an interesting match.

Beaucoup

They had only a couple of u13’s playing at not playing the entire match.

Our u15 are amongst the smallest in the U14-u15, with our biggest u14’s being head and shoulders above them.

Utd have class not shouting the underage / foundation stage - and some may say insignificant results from our roof top!
Some of our U14's are massive, even for U15/16 standard, either way the game was a miss match as far as physicality was concerned.

Beaucoup

They are amongst the smallest in the squad of U15 and smaller than the average U14 players.

I’m not sure if they officially bio band at this age group though, that would make an interesting match.
they do

Loopy

Some of our U14's are massive, even for U15/16 standard, either way the game was a miss match as far as physicality was concerned.
It’s football for boys aged 13-14, they grow at different heights. You may find the “massive” boys disadvantage due to being uncoordinated (due to growth spurts) or growing pains.

The kid who was the average / short boy in the group at this age may be the tallest by Easter.

I’m afraid you will never have equality with this age group. A massive 12 year old may keep falling over, not be as agile and not have the tactical cognition as a 14 year old, despite being taller!

It was previously city who preferred the massive kids and Utd who liked the snappy fast pace boys.

In future fixture lists could include average age and height of the starting XI, handicapped/ weighted for equality! - or is that bio banding? If so should they be playing future games not on age, but on biological age?

Bigsid

Gets daft this. Pogba and Mata are different heights and this height inequality must exist for adults as well. Star of the academy Shola isn't big and he plays two years above.

Beaucoup

Gets daft this. Pogba and Mata are different heights and this height inequality must exist for adults as well. Star of the academy Shola isn't big and he plays two years above.
Have you seen him recently!