Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Mark Pawelek

McGhee is nowhere even fecking close to what you’ve just tried to claim. He’s a terrible u23s player. A PL player, bloody hell.
Why are you always handing out insults? He's not 'terrible'. He just has too may better prospects ahead of him. Namely: Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Traore, Puigmal, McCann, Wellens, ...

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Why are you always handing out insults? He's not 'terrible'. He just has too may better prospects ahead of him. Namely: Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Traore, Puigmal, McCann, Wellens, ...
He is terrible. Better prospects which includes every other player in the set up.

Why are people coming out with hyperbole shit like one of the worst players in the academy is going to play in the PL? He isn’t. He isn’t going to be anywhere close. Don’t make stupid posts and I won’t need to insult such asinine shit.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Turns out McGhee was offered a contract by United but he turned it down to try his luck elsewhere.

Not sure he'll get to the very top but with his educated left-foot he'll have a good career in the game.

Can see him at a club like Norwich City in a few years.

Whatever happens I wish the kid well.

lysglimt

Scout
He is terrible. Better prospects which includes every other player in the set up.

Why are people coming out with hyperbole shit like one of the worst players in the academy is going to play in the PL? He isn’t. He isn’t going to be anywhere close. Don’t make stupid posts and I won’t need to insult such asinine shit.
He is not terrible - and stop the hyperbole shit yourself

KevinJoh

Terrible? Are you watching U18 and U23 games at all? Dion is certainly not terrible, and the fact that he made to U23 from like U10 or something proves that youth coaches think the same. He was regular at U18 with his generation, and while there are players in the team that look more ready at the moment, he is certainly not terrible player. He is good player, with pretty good foot, hardworking, capable to play in more than one position. Is that enough for PL at this moment? Of course not. He is not ready, and won't be for a few years, but with the same attitude and a little bit of luck, with physical development, he can get there at the age of 25 or something. I have seen in the last 20 years much worse players that made it, and more talented that did not, so you never know and you can never be sure. I wouldn't say that McTominay is PL player in a few years when he was in U18, but looks like he is. And wouldn't bet on Norwood for example that he will get there to become serious PL player, and that Thorpe won't. So, obviously I am maybe wrong. Maybe Dion won't make it. But that he is terrible U23 player, he is not.

Mickson

Not many become PL-players. It's either a talented lad like Welbeck or a hard-working player like Phil Bardsley who can play a role at like Stoke. However, I'm not sure Bardsley today would have many options in the Premier League. McGhee is a different player; not as talented as Welbeck and not a hard-working hardman like Bardsley. If not even Ben Pearson, Will Keane, James Wilson, Joe Rothwell, Ravel Morrison, Tom Thorpe among others have made it to the Premier League, I highly doubt that McGhee would. Nothing against McGhee, but these were elite players in their generation. Players who dominated in our youth team. Larnell Cole, who certainly was better than McGhee, hasn't even made it in the league system. That tells you 1) it's hard to tell who will succeed and 2) it's really hard to succeed. Most of our youth players will succeed in football though, which we should be proud of. McGhee is neither shit nor a future Premier League-player IMO. I would say he's going to play in League One.

Beaucoup

Well done to Max Thompson on his first team debut for Burnley last night at 18

trajbu

Sad to see Ramazani depart the club after such a promising season but he has several players ahead of him for a chance in the first team. I am sure he will be a good fit for Eredivisie or Bundesliga clubs willing to give him a decent chance with the first team squad.

Also, disappointed with Demi. At one point he had a decent chance of pushing for a place as a squad player with the first team but seemed to have lost his way. Occasionally he showed glimpses of his potential but injuries and other interests off the pitch might have played a part. Would not be surprised to see him quit football in the near future.

Kieran O’Hara, Ethan Hamilton and Dion McGhee will have several interested suitors and could end up having decent careers.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Always had a soft spot for Barlow, he always looked like he had some talent. Wish him well for the future.

Prodigal7

Not many become PL-players. It's either a talented lad like Welbeck or a hard-working player like Phil Bardsley who can play a role at like Stoke. However, I'm not sure Bardsley today would have many options in the Premier League. McGhee is a different player; not as talented as Welbeck and not a hard-working hardman like Bardsley. If not even Ben Pearson, Will Keane, James Wilson, Joe Rothwell, Ravel Morrison, Tom Thorpe among others have made it to the Premier League, I highly doubt that McGhee would. Nothing against McGhee, but these were elite players in their generation. Players who dominated in our youth team. Larnell Cole, who certainly was better than McGhee, hasn't even made it in the league system. That tells you 1) it's hard to tell who will succeed and 2) it's really hard to succeed. Most of our youth players will succeed in football though, which we should be proud of. McGhee is neither shit nor a future Premier League-player IMO. I would say he's going to play in League One.
A lot of it is mentality as to whether a player can make it in the championship though. I think all the names you’ve mentioned could have made it in the championship.

for many, leaving United can be a huge kick in the teeth and they never really find the motivation to push their games forward anymore.

imagine growing up at one of the biggest entertainment and sporting platforms in the world, the carrot constantly in front of you and then having to leave, going somewhere where your matches are barely even televised. It’s gut wrenching for most.
They especially hate it when they see some of their academy mates they grew up with (McT, Rashford etc) becoming multi millionaires when they are released. The impact on them is huge.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Barcelona right-back Marc Jurado (16) has announced he will be leaving the club, and is expected to join Manchester United next season.

Tiber

Would love to see another Neville make the step up. Anyone seen him play?

In Rainbows

I would be amazed if Neville makes it. More so than I was with McTominay. You should not expect it is all I'll say.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Shame Barlow's off, hope he finds a good club and gets some first team football. He's definitely got something about him but just too much competition for a place in his age group I guess.

Vissy

Why was he so hyped when he played in the Valencia youth setup? Back there I even saw articles comparing his crossing to Beckham's.

KevinJoh

I don't see any problem with 17 years old signing pro contracts on minimal wage. Not big money and you should have numbers and can loan them out. Especially at this moment, with probably year or two of terrible economic situation, I think all 17 years old in the club should get contracts even if they are not good enough. Not that Neville would have problem with finances, but overall should be the same for all of them. Regarding Neville, really can't see him make a good career.

In Rainbows

Why was he so hyped when he played in the Valencia youth setup? Back there I even saw articles comparing his crossing to Beckham's.
Some lazy writer just wanted to tie the names together for a reunion.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sochaux have confirmed Man Utd interest in 15 year old Willy Kambwala who is said to be a CB and already 6'3 and represents France at u16 level.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sochaux have confirmed Man Utd interest in 15 year old Willy Kambwala who is said to be a CB and already 6'3 and represents France at u16 level.

Not bad to be keeping so many clean sheets at that level.

Mark Pawelek

No it hasn't been decided yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they just end up sending the top 2 up
Why wouldn't they just send the top 2 up and bottom 2 down?

Top 2 are on 46 and 43 points. Top 5 are :
West Ham​
46​
Man Utd​
43​
West Brom​
34​
Stoke​
27​
Middlesbrough​
26​

What moral right do 'borough, and Stoke, on 26, 27 points have to be promoted?

Mickson

Why wouldn't they just send the top 2 up and bottom 2 down?

Top 2 are on 46 and 43 points. Top 5 are :
West Ham​
46​
Man Utd​
43​
West Brom​
34​
Stoke​
27​
Middlesbrough​
26​

What moral right do 'borough, and Stoke, on 26, 27 points have to be promoted?
Because it's not an automatic promotion for the second team (United in this case), it's a playoff match against someone from the first division. But they should just skip that and promote the first two teams here.

Bondi77

Darren Ferguson made 468 appearances in league football and had a solid career in the second and third tiers of English football. Harvey Neville would being doing very well to achieve that. He’s more analogous to Brooklyn Beckham.
So he is zero chance of making it at Utd then