Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

KevinJoh

That kid was some kind of YouTube star I think, big question how his skills work in real game. But, I really can't see problem in adding players in U14. If it doesn't work we will let him go at 16, or whenever. Obviously has nice skills, but there are tones of players who can do that at age of 13-14.

Bigsid

That kid was some kind of YouTube star I think, big question how his skills work in real game. But, I really can't see problem in adding players in U14. If it doesn't work we will let him go at 16, or whenever. Obviously has nice skills, but there are tones of players who can do that at age of 13-14.
Doesn't play in Chelseas main side and heard club got sick of Dad going in every week thinking he's Messi. Was decent at 8 but nowhere near now according to scout I spoke to and few parents. Chelsea let him go on a free. Can't see him being better than what United have in that group but good luck to them if they've got some kind of deal.

Beaucoup

He spent 3 months on trial & did well enough to be signed & he wasn't actually released by Chelsea he was offered a new deal but not on the terms the family wanted, presumably was only offered up to u16s rather than a guaranteed scholarship
Complete rubbish, he played 2 games and was only on trial a couple of weeks max. He was allowed to leave Chelsea without compensation, so read into that what you want.

Beaucoup

Doesn't play in Chelseas main side and heard club got sick of Dad going in every week thinking he's Messi. Was decent at 8 but nowhere near now according to scout I spoke to and few parents. Chelsea let him go on a free. Can't see him being better than what United have in that group but good luck to them if they've got some kind of deal.
I heard his dad was a bit of a nightmare as well.

jb8521

Complete rubbish, he played 2 games and was only on trial a couple of weeks max. He was allowed to leave Chelsea without compensation, so read into that what you want.
Started his trial in December before the Christmas break & finished in February, played in some games & a couple of indoor tournaments. You're wrong so read into that what you want & while you're at it maybe you could try toning down the almost constant criticism of most things & players in the academy while still seemingly being happy for your kid to be a part of it because it's a bit fecking bizarre.

Beaucoup

Started his trial in December before the Christmas break & finished in February, played in some games & a couple of indoor tournaments. You're wrong so read into that what you want & while you're at it maybe you could try toning down the almost constant criticism of most things & players in the academy while still seemingly being happy for your kid to be a part of it because it's a bit fecking bizarre.
What’s bizarre, is you’re trying to pretend that your some fecking expert by following a bunch of teenage kids on Instagram.

jb8521

What’s bizarre, is you’re trying to pretend that your some fecking expert by following a bunch of teenage kids on Instagram.
I'm not trying to pretend I'm anything & nothing I've said has anything to do with Instagram but yeah clearly that's where I get all my information from.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
For an academy that constantly produces one player for the first team squad every year, there's a whole lot of negativity here.

NickyT

Guys, you do understand you're arguing about a 14 year old kid who knows nothing about either of you! HAHA c'mon be nice to each other!

Btw a good source told me Chelsea indeed did let him go, and he was out the academy system for almost a year after being let go, dunno if it's all fact, but that would suggest that he was on trial for a longer period.

Also, I go down to watch Chelsea's academy regularly, the players that get released at 13s/14s/15s are still top players (Declan Rice, Eddie Nketiah...), could be down to a number of reason, player disputes, the team deciding to push other player career paths, injury... I'm sure you all understand.

Hopefully, he proves his potential here!

Reactions: roonster09

Classical Mechanic

I think you have to be automatically sceptical about these 'youtube sensations'. I don't think it's healthy exposure for parents to put their kids under and could have a detrimental effect on development. I guess they're the modern day equivalent of Sonny Pike.

NickyT

I think you have to be automatically sceptical about these 'youtube sensations'. I don't think it's healthy exposure for parents to put their kids under and could have a detrimental effect on development. I guess they're the modern day equivalent of Sonny Pike.
That's true but the world is very different in 2020 to 1995, so kids have a completely different outlook on the world, so as long as the players are managed correctly, they in turn have no ceiling, also the exposure creates avenues outside of the professional game, and believe me kids today understand that... well the 'youtube sensations' that have massive followings, are more likely to capitalize on the situation that they're in, than have break downs no disrespect intended. Just look at the tik tok culture, you can be famous off of anything, its not only football or tv anymore.

In saying that because of Instagram, every kid in the academy system is Sonny Pike, they've all got mass followings, sometimes at u11s level

KM

It's fair to assume that he must have been scouted properly by the club rather than the club being swayed by his YT Vids.

Classical Mechanic

That's true but the world is very different in 2020 to 1995, so kids have a completely different outlook on the world, so as long as the players are managed correctly, they in turn have no ceiling, also the exposure creates avenues outside of the professional game, and believe me kids today understand that... well the 'youtube sensations' that have massive followings, are more likely to capitalize on the situation that they're in, than have break downs no disrespect intended. Just look at the tik tok culture, you can be famous off of anything, its not only football or tv anymore.

In saying that because of Instagram, every kid in the academy system is Sonny Pike, they've all got mass followings, sometimes at u11s level
I think clips on insta is a bit different to parents putting long videos of their kids on youtube specifically to hype them up.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
In 2016 he was the highest goalscorer in any league in Spain...across all levels.

So a bit of a goal machine.

Looks like we are doing some serious scouting in Spain.

Puigmal, Mejia, Jurado, Carreras and now if true Garnacho Ferreyra.

KM

With the impending signing of McNeil(and even without him), we'll have a lot of forwards at u18 level.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
In 2016 he was the highest goalscorer in any league in Spain...across all levels.

So a bit of a goal machine.

Looks like we are doing some serious scouting in Spain.

Puigmal, Mejia, Jurado, Carreras and now if true Garnacho Ferreyra.
Indeed.

The overhaul of our youth recruitment seems to be one of the most important things Ole has led at the club, and it could be vitally important for us in years to come.

KM

Indeed.

The overhaul of our youth recruitment seems to be one of the most important things Ole has led at the club, and it could be vitally important for us in years to come.
I don't think Ole has to do much with all this overhaul. It started even before he was appointed.

lenny_1248

As it was mentioned before, it started way before he came.
Though it must be very encouraging for players that the first team coach is Ole who trusts youth players and wants to give them debuts.
Imagine if Jose was still here...

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Glad we are drawing a line under exorbitant wage demands of youth players. We'll lose a couple here or there, but the overall gain will be much greater than the loss.