Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Lots of interesting reading in there, particularly Shoretire and Laird.

This bit in particular stands out, I always felt there was little between Laird and Greenwood when they played together, if not for injuries I think Laird may already be part of the first team set up.
It was also interesting to read about the young CB at u15 level (Habeeb Ogunneye) who is considered a Greenwood level talent by the coaching staff at academy level.

England and Nigeria are reported to be in a tug of war over him too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It was also interesting to read about the young CB at u15 level (Habeeb Ogunneye) who is considered a Greenwood level talent by the coaching staff at academy level.

England and Nigeria are reported to be in a tug of war over him too.

Looks brilliant in those clips, admittedly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He plays right back. Good player. Hear we have signed 3 players from Derby in 14s and 15s.
Accd to Alan Nixon we've paid two million upfront for those three lads. I found that very unlikely.

Bigsid

Accd to Alan Nixon we've paid two million upfront for those three lads. I found that very unlikely.
Seems a lot of money. We seem to buy in a lot of players these days across age groups.

Beaucoup

14s &15s are under contract, standard compensation amounts are set out under the EPPP

Gordon S

Are we helping them with their cash flow problems? Must be more included in the deal for us?

voyasvirta

Apparently we lost against Burnley in a friendly game today. Any idea what our lineup was? Joe Hugill was the goalscorer I heard.

voyasvirta

Good interview with an academy coach here: Article

This is the section about Daniel Gore, our recent u18's debutant. Since he doesn't have a separate thread yet, I'm posting what the article has mentioned about him.

"He was my first signing at Burnley and now he's at Man United Under-16s and I think he's an extraordinary talent. That's not because of me that's just because of him. Great lad, fantastic work ethic, feet on the ground but he's just got that unpredictability about him. To either score goals or make goals.

"He's the toughest attacking player I've ever coached in my 30 years.

"I remember going to Carrington when he was maybe 12, 13, Man United have always had quality players, they had two centre-halves who were huge and Danny was really small at the time, he was rapid quick but he was a bit small. He absolute terrorised these two centre-backs and I think it was at that point that United caught sight of him and thought this might be a potential United player.

"Plays for England as well. I think he's got a massive, massive future there."

GoldTrafford99

I've got mutual friends with former United youth coach Lee Waddington. (Please don't take this as a declaration of ITK...I know nothing).

Anyway, Lee says that the talk around our club is that we have more promise in the youth and academy set up than at any time in our history...

And that Solskjaer, since he came, has been utterly superb with regard his academy strategy and restructure....

Mickson

This is the section about Daniel Gore, our recent u18's debutant. Since he doesn't have a separate thread yet, I'm posting what the article has mentioned about him.

"He was my first signing at Burnley and now he's at Man United Under-16s and I think he's an extraordinary talent. That's not because of me that's just because of him. Great lad, fantastic work ethic, feet on the ground but he's just got that unpredictability about him. To either score goals or make goals.

"I remember going to Carrington when he was maybe 12, 13, Man United have always had quality players, they had two centre-halves who were huge and Danny was really small at the time, he was rapid quick but he was a bit small. He absolute terrorised these two centre-backs and I think it was at that point that United caught sight of him and thought this might be a potential United player.

I read the interview earlier. Some interesting things, especially regarding Gore. However, I have no idea why he puts so much emphasis on Mourinho and Josh Harrop. It's not like United was proven wrong.

Bertie Wooster

The U23 team v Everton tomorrow is going to be very light on numbers.

We've had defensive problems for a few games now at that level, and now with Hannibal injured and Shola and Amad in the first team squad, we're going to be short on attacking quality.

The U18's didn't play this week, so it might be a chance for Hardley, McNeill and Emeran to step up. And probably see players that aren't quite good enough - like Stanley and Helm - get starts behind Hugill?

Last edited:

Beaucoup

https://theathletic.com/2401261/202...ool-on-sancho-fpl-inquest-us-teen-to-rangers/

Whitwell has provided an update for Derby teenagers to United(Can't post the article)

- They are u15
- Signing for a combined 750k
- Derby are open to selling United at this price rather than wait for the tribunal compensation to kick in.
I can't think of any Derby players that have stood out in either the 15s or 16s? the only player I can think of is Sam Sebagabo ,however i'm sure he's an u16 playing for the 18's

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

Can anyone back up this info on Daniel Gore? Or is this just the case of an academy coach hyping up a young lad?

Any details on the player would be appreciated!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Can anyone back up this info on Daniel Gore? Or is this just the case of an academy coach hyping up a young lad?

Any details on the player would be appreciated!
He’s an England international and recently made his u18s debut so he is rated quite highly in his age group.

But this is also most definitely a case of a former coach just waxing lyrical of his friends and players close to him. In the same interview he claims Josh Harrop should be still in our first team and that the staff let go in the recent academy overhaul should never have been let go because they were there a long time. Our academy massively improving since the overturn suggests they were rightly fired. Josh Harrop being in League One and generally being quite average since leaving suggests he is rightly not a regular in our first team. He’s just backing the people he is close to so anything he said means feck all really.

Sea-Cow

He’s an England international and recently made his u18s debut so he is rated quite highly in his age group.

But this is also most definitely a case of a former coach just waxing lyrical of his friends and players close to him. In the same interview he claims Josh Harrop should be still in our first team and that the staff let go in the recent academy overhaul should never have been let go because they were there a long time. Our academy massively improving since the overturn suggests they were rightly fired. Josh Harrop being in League One and generally being quite average since leaving suggests he is rightly not a regular in our first team. He’s just backing the people he is close to so anything he said means feck all really.
Haha well thank you for the additional info mate, but that's not what I wanted to hear! I wanted to hear that young Mr. Gore is the second-coming of Rooney, with a little bit of Ronaldo mixed in! I guess I won't put money down on us winning the treble in 2025.

dutchred

The U23 team v Everton tomorrow is going to be very light on numbers.

We've had defensive problems for a few games now at that level, and now with Hannibal injured and Shola and Amad in the first team squad, we're going to be short on attacking quality.

The U18's didn't play this week, so it might be a chance for Hardley, McNeill and Emeran to step up. And probably see players that aren't quite good enough - like Stanley and Helm - get starts behind Hugill?
Any news on the line up tonight?

Beaucoup

Redhalle

I believe an U17/16 team are playing Crewe Alex U18 at the Cliff tonight. Anyone know any details?

jeepers

Has Hoogewerf been out with an injury? Haven’t seen him this season, or has he been with the u18?