Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Loopy

Charlie Veevers also released and will leave at the end of the season
I’ve missed this news, I’m genuinely shocked, he was considered one of the top boys, lots of potential, a few years ago. Has got a better deal elsewhere?

Bertie Wooster

I’ve watched the full game, we were battered from beginning to end. We also had two 16s in defence that have both been offered scholars, so it wasn’t a particularly weak team. I’m only posting the truth as these fan sites on Twitter tend to talk bollocks when the result is negative.
People are discussing the game on here so hopefully this isn't an 'off thread' post - which players from the U15's are the most promising and did they play in that match?

Connor C

I’ve missed this news, I’m genuinely shocked, he was considered one of the top boys, lots of potential, a few years ago. Has got a better deal elsewhere?
Although I’m not clued up enough to know how highly rated he was, I would guess it’s down to the fact that we’re stacked in midfield. Mainoo, Gore, Oyedele, McAllister all looked good when playing for the 18s so he probably wouldn’t of got too much game time.

Connor C

Although I’m not clued up enough to know how highly rated he was, I would guess it’s down to the fact that we’re stacked in midfield. Mainoo, Gore, Oyedele, McAllister all looked good when playing for the 18s so he probably wouldn’t of got too much game time.
Also does anyone have a rough idea of who is getting scholarships next season?There’s the obvious ones (Gore, Murray, Mainoo etc) but I’m not sure of anyone else has been offered one.

jb8521

He's been released, has had trials at Stoke & Wolves & Fleetwood have offered a scholarship

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Palace only recently were approved as a Category 1 academy and their u18s team is currently 2nd (3 points behind) with a game in hand. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are all trailing Palace with 5 games remaining. Jamahl Jarrett seems to have done a very good job at Palace.

Acole9

Outstanding
I saw on Twitter earlier that Charlie Savage has signed a pro contract.

Loopy

Must have broken some kind of record now for signing ex players sons!
It can be a new statistic, see if they can have an academy graduate and ex players son in every PL Match from 2024 onwards!

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Must have broken some kind of record now for signing ex players sons!
Sons of former United players who also played for the club at U/16 or above

Harry Stafford - his son Harry
Len Langford - Len
Charlie Mitten - Charlie and John
John Aston - John
Stan Ackerley - Chris
Brian McClair - Liam
Robbie Savage - Charlie
Phil Neville - Harvey
Arthur Albiston - Ryan
Wilf McGuinness - Paul
Graham Bradley - Dave
Ray Ramshead - Eric
Steve Bruce - Alex
Richie Wellens - Charlie

There's probably others so feel free to add to the list

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Some people are quick to post our losses but then go missing when we win.

jb8521

Len Langford - Len
John Aston - John
Stan Ackerley - Chris
Brian McClair - Liam
Robbie Savage - Charlie
Phil Neville - Harvey
Arthur Albiston - Ryan
Wilf McGuinness - Paul
Graham Bradley - Dave
Ray Ramshead - Eric
Steve Bruce - Alex
Richie Wellens - Charlie

Not above u16s but Giggs & Butt junior played for the u14s against Arsenal today

Varun1

Len Langford - Len
John Aston - John
Stan Ackerley - Chris
Brian McClair - Liam
Robbie Savage - Charlie
Phil Neville - Harvey
Arthur Albiston - Ryan
Wilf McGuinness - Paul
Graham Bradley - Dave
Ray Ramshead - Eric
Steve Bruce - Alex
Richie Wellens - Charlie

Kai Rooney is with us, right?
Did Darren Ferguson play for us?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Len Langford - Len
John Aston - John
Stan Ackerley - Chris
Brian McClair - Liam
Robbie Savage - Charlie
Phil Neville - Harvey
Arthur Albiston - Ryan
Wilf McGuinness - Paul
Graham Bradley - Dave
Ray Ramshead - Eric
Steve Bruce - Alex
Richie Wellens - Charlie

Don't know if this is probing too much but how often do the offspring end up playing the same position as their dads?

MiamiSpartan

Len Langford - Len
John Aston - John
Stan Ackerley - Chris
Brian McClair - Liam
Robbie Savage - Charlie
Phil Neville - Harvey
Arthur Albiston - Ryan
Wilf McGuinness - Paul
Graham Bradley - Dave
Ray Ramshead - Eric
Steve Bruce - Alex
Richie Wellens - Charlie

Harvey Neville was apparently training with Phil's Inter Miami team this afternoon, according to local media that was there (who are usually pretty reliable).

Maybe looking at a loan, as the MLS season is about to start?

Loopy

Anyone else find it strange that Darron Fletchers Sons are at City, as is Grants son?
let’s hope they are in a position to learn from city and help to bring our club on.
I’m wondering if, once you are in the older age group (u15 +) it’s hard to leave, a bit like leaving high school mid exams, so they have to stay in the child’s best interests?

lysglimt

Scout
Anyone else find it strange that Darron Fletchers Sons are at City, as is Grants son?
let’s hope they are in a position to learn from city and help to bring our club on.
I’m wondering if, once you are in the older age group (u15 +) it’s hard to leave, a bit like leaving high school mid exams, so they have to stay in the child’s best interests?
In fairness you can't force your sons to play for your team :) As for changing - well McNeill did

Loopy

Harvey Neville was apparently training with Phil's Inter Miami team this afternoon, according to local media that was there (who are usually pretty reliable).

Maybe looking at a loan, as the MLS season is about to start?
May be just good timing, our season is due to end in a few weeks, no one can go on holiday, I reckon he’s getting in some training / family time / sun/ sea / sand and will be back in the costa del Utd in sunny August for pre season.

Littlinho

Ive seen a bit of Sonny Cox at Exeter City as it’s my home town club, looks like a natural finisher and seems to score goals whatever age group he plays in. He has scored goals at u18 and u23 level and the kid is only 15. Was training with Exeter’s first team and was due to be involved in the match day squad for Barrow away before the Utd trial. Exeter Management are hoping he signs a pro contract and he goes down the Ollie Watkins route however no doubt his head will have been turned. Exeter currently have their u16 keeper on trial at Chelsea, scouts are all over Exeters youngsters at the moment after Watkins and Ampadu‘s success. Exeter lost Ben Chrisene at 15 to Villa last season as well as Jay Stansfield to Fulham.

Sea-Cow

Ive seen a bit of Sonny Cox at Exeter City as it’s my home town club, looks like a natural finisher and seems to score goals whatever age group he plays in. He has scored goals at u18 and u23 level and the kid is only 15. Was training with Exeter’s first team and was due to be involved in the match day squad for Barrow away before the Utd trial. Exeter Management are hoping he signs a pro contract and he goes down the Ollie Watkins route however no doubt his head will have been turned. Exeter currently have their u16 keeper on trial at Chelsea, scouts are all over Exeters youngsters at the moment after Watkins and Ampadu‘s success. Exeter lost Ben Chrisene at 15 to Villa last season as well as Jay Stansfield to Fulham.
Good to know this extra info. Sign him up!

Mylock

I saw on Twitter earlier that Charlie Savage has signed a pro contract.
I've watched Charlie Savage for the last year it's amazing how much he continues to improve. He has a great left foot and he's a very passer, intelligent player. It will be very interesting to see if he makes it, it may be a good option to send him out on loan for the 2nd half of next season.

Last edited:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Not especially...the MCFC youth set up is considered one of the best in the world right now for the younger age groups. City invested a bucket load in it so I'd assume it was purely a football education decision.

Connor C

Does anyone know how to get hold of a pass for the U18 games. I’m looking to move up to Manchester soon and would like to go to the U18 games if possible.