Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

lenny_1248

Think it is pretty obvious that McNeill will play for the U-23's next season.
So, who do you think will be a starting number 9 for the U-18's next season?
Is there anyone from the next year scholars?
Or maybe they will put Garnacho as number 9? Or Mateo Mejia?

khoazany

They had a lot of forward trials in the 16s so I think we will sign one, or Norkett will be the one, with Garnacho being there also.

In Rainbows

Firstly, there are no fans allowed to watch Academy football. You cannot get access to matches below U/16's and they even stop fans watching some U16 games.

Therefore supporters on here commenting on players performances, progress, skills, development or potential isn't based on anything they have seen.

The only information that comes out is from the kids themselves, parents, scouts or coaches.

It's piecemeal and often just a result which in itself doesn't mean much.

Anyone making stupid comments about an U/12 game they haven't even seen just need calling out. I don't think coaches or scouts are making bad comments (why would they?) so the only people who may be disparaging would be other players and parents?
There is also tournament footage for those lower levels. I discussed several players, but only in private as I didn't want to openly discuss youngsters in the same manner as the older players.

DarkRed

and what will happen to Joe Hugill in that case, is he ready to be loaned out?

lenny_1248

and what will happen to Joe Hugill in that case, is he ready to be loaned out?
Yeah, that's a good question.
I don't know, to be honest. I'm not so sure he's ready for a loan yet.
However, there's little point to play McNeill in the U-18's, he needs to be challenged more.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
There is also tournament footage for those lower levels. I discussed several players, but only in private as I didn't want to openly discuss youngsters in the same manner as the older players.
I'm not sure what TV coverage there is of tournaments...I guess MUTV might do one now and then. European tournaments like the Marveld YT and others like this are often covered on the organisers facebook pages or with a stream.

But in terms of weekly matches played at Carrington, supporters do not have any official access.

Mickson

Yeah, that's a good question.
I don't know, to be honest. I'm not so sure he's ready for a loan yet.
However, there's little point to play McNeill in the U-18's, he needs to be challenged more.
Both will play for the U23. I guess they will do as they did in the U18, that McNeill plays as a no 10 and Hugill as a striker or somehow play with two strikers. I'm sure there will be injuries as well. I agree that Hugill isn't ready for a loan.

In Rainbows

I'm not sure what TV coverage there is of tournaments...I guess MUTV might do one now and then. European tournaments like the Marveld YT and others like this are often covered on the organisers facebook pages or with a stream.
Yeah I'm talking about tournament coverage from outside the club.

Beaucoup

jb8521

How many of Uniteds U16s offered scholars haven't been bought in?
Murray brought in at u13s, Norkett u13s, Gore u14s, Wooster u16s are the only ones who were signed from other clubs

Bigsid

Murray brought in at u13s, Norkett u13s, Gore u14s, Wooster u16s are the only ones who were signed from other clubs
And which other lads from the 16s are scholars? Presume Mainoo but who else?

jb8521

And which other lads from the 16s are scholars? Presume Mainoo but who else?
Mainoo, Mather, Oyedele, Aljofree & Fredricson. I'm not sure about Lawrence, Balogun or Hanbury. Popov, Hampson, Veevers, Burke, Lindsay, Lacey, Brown, Hull, Wilding & Benjamin all leaving or have left that age group in the past year as far as I know.

Connor C

Mainoo, Mather, Oyedele, Aljofree & Fredricson. I'm not sure about Lawrence, Balogun or Hanbury. Popov, Hampson, Veevers, Burke, Lindsay, Lacey, Brown, Hull, Wilding & Benjamin all leaving or have left that age group in the past year as far as I know.
Might not mean anything but neither Balogun or Hanbury have Manchester United in their instagram bios.

Connor C

Does anyone have an idea of who’s likely to be released/sold in the summer window?

kundalini

Does anyone have an idea of who’s likely to be released/sold in the summer window?
I was wondering this too.

Max Taylor has announced he is leaving. There have been articles that suggested Puigmal and Woolston either haven't been offered new deals or have refused them, so they are off. Harvey Neville has announced he has joined Inter Miami's development team, Fort Lauderdale. I expect Connor Stanley, currently on loan at Atalanta, to be on the released list. Same with Aliou Traore, when he returns from his loan in France. Iestyn Hughes from the U18s is joining Leicester. Joel Pereira is another who will almost certainly be released when he returns from his loan.

Apparently out of contract in the summer but nothing announced, so I'm not clear what's going on: Jacob Carney, Reece Devine, Charlie McCann, D'Mani Mellor (injured), Mastny, Dermot Mee

The rest are under contract for next season, as far as I'm aware (according to Transfermarkt and Football manager).

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Max Taylor has announced he is leaving. There have been articles that suggested Puigmal and Woolston either haven't been offered new deals or have refused them, so they are off. Harvey Neville has announced he has joined Inter Miami's development team, Fort Lauderdale. I expect Connor Stanley, currently on loan at Atalanta, to be on the released list. Same with Aliou Traore, when he returns from his loan in France. Iestyn Hughes from the U18s is joining Leicester. Joel Pereira is another who will almost certainly be released when he returns from his loan.

Apparently out of contract in the summer but nothing announced, so I'm not clear what's going on: Jacob Carney, Reece Devine, Charlie McCann, D'Mani Mellor (injured), Mastny, Dermot Mee

The rest are under contract for next season, as far as I'm aware (according to Transfermarkt and Football manager).
Would be disapponting that Carney, Devine and McCann leave. They've a decent chance of having good careers esp Carney who by all account has had a cracking season.

Mylock

I'd be surprise if McCann and Devine were released as they have been regular starters for the u23 all season. McCann has improved throughout the season, he could have a good career if he was braver with his passing.

Mickson

Would be disapponting that Carney, Devine and McCann leave. They've a decent chance of having good careers esp Carney who by all account has had a cracking season.
You have to consider at what level Carney is playing. It's pretty much amateur football and he's 20. With that said, he has had a good season and will probably play in a better league in the future, but I don't see a point in keeping him at United.

Traore, Devine, Carney, Mastny, Mee, McCann, Stanley, Mee, Mellor, and Woolston wouldn't be losses, but one or two of them might be kept for cover and squad depth. Puigmal is the only one I feel, in theory, could be a loss but I imagine he wants to leave which is fair enough.

Varun1

Does anyone have any info on how Levitt has been performing on loan?

Mickson

Started 4 and 5 sub appearances. 1 assist so far. He's never really cemented a place in the starting eleven, although he often plays when he's in the squad. He's out injured now and has missed the last two games.

Varun1

Started 4 and 5 sub appearances. 1 assist so far. He's never really cemented a place in the starting eleven, although he often plays when he's in the squad. He's out injured now and has missed the last two games.
Sounds like an ok spell then but not great, considering he went out so late in the window, new country, language barrier etc...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You have to consider at what level Carney is playing. It's pretty much amateur football and he's 20. With that said, he has had a good season and will probably play in a better league in the future, but I don't see a point in keeping him at United.

Traore, Devine, Carney, Mastny, Mee, McCann, Stanley, Mee, Mellor, and Woolston wouldn't be losses, but one or two of them might be kept for cover and squad depth. Puigmal is the only one I feel, in theory, could be a loss but I imagine he wants to leave which is fair enough.
Amateur football? Not sure about that one.

Mickson

There are only one or two teams who are full professionals in the league, no? Either way, they are painfully bad, sometimes the defenders just miss the ball randomly which is kind of hard to anticipate as a keeper :D however, he is doing very well there.

TwoSheds

There are only one or two teams who are full professionals in the league, no? Either way, they are painfully bad, sometimes the defenders just miss the ball randomly which is kind of hard to anticipate as a keeper :D however, he is doing very well there.
Well semi pro is not the same as amateur is it? A bit dismissive. At the end of the day a keeper's job is to stop shots, he'll still be doing that.

Bertie Wooster

I think it was a fair point to describe it as 'pretty much amateur football' (i.e. not amateur football but not much better).

The Northern Ireland top flight is still, mostly, semi-professional - with most players having another job.

So a Man United player being loaned to that level at 20 is like them being loaned to tier 6 or below in the English pyramid, where you start finding the semi-professional clubs.

It was always likely Max Taylor would leave when he was loaned to tier 5, aged 21, earlier this year. If your level of loan is that low - and semi professional NI leagues counts in that - at 20 and 21 then it's not a sign of your chances of making it at Man United.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

I think it was a fair point to describe it as 'pretty much amateur football' (i.e. not amateur football but not much better).

The Northern Ireland top flight is still, mostly, semi-professional - with most players having another job.

So a Man United player being loaned to that level at 20 is like them being loaned to tier 6 or below in the English pyramid, where you start finding the semi-professional clubs.

It was always likely Max Taylor would leave when he was loaned to tier 5, aged 21, earlier this year. If your level of loan is that low - and semi professional NI leagues counts in that - at 20 and 21 then it's not a sign of your chances of making it at Man United.
Yeah but a GK playing at that level is not necessarily the same as any other player doing so. Henderson went pretty low down the leagues to gain experience as well, obviously not quite as low but he's seemingly Man Utd and maybe even England no 1 now. I don't particularly rate Carney but I don't think it's fair to dismiss his loan like that.

Robbo*

what about Helm?

kundalini

what about Helm?
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-helm/profil/spieler/596217

Read the player data section, contract expires comes at the bottom of that bit (2022)

(from time to time Transfermarkt do get things wrong, so it is possible that it's incorrect)

There is an article in the Mail that lists Helm amongst those leaving. The Manchester Evening News says although Helm is under contract until 2022, an agreement will be found so he can leave for playing time elsewhere.

Last edited:

kundalini

There are a couple of YouTube videos on the last page of his thread. And details of how many mins he got in each match he appeared in. Initially he was an unused sub for 3 League matches, then 3 sub appearances, 2 starts in the League in April, in amongst more sub appearances. As Mickson stated, he's been injured for last 2 games. 2 of his starts were in the Cup when the line-up looks like squad players rather than usual starters.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/dylan-levitt.436934/page-5

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dylan-levitt/leistungsdaten/spieler/496652

Last edited:

Varun1

There are a couple of YouTube videos on the last page of his thread. And details of how many mins he got in each match he appeared in. Initially he was an unused sub for 3 League matches, then 3 sub appearances, 2 starts in the League in April, in amongst more sub appearances. As Mickson stated, he's been injured for last 2 games. 2 of his starts were in the Cup when the line-up looks like squad players rather than usual starters.
Thank you, i'll check those videos out.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Dortmund are also trying to sign him according to BILD.

Bondi77

Sign him up!
He is going to be a beast in a couple of years (he is not far off it now)