Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

NYAS

Remember the name, he's only 13 if what I've read is correct.
Wow, do we really have a Central Asian in the academy?

Can barely find any info on him, understandably.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wow, do we really have a Central Asian in the academy?

Can barely find any info on him, understandably.
It seems like it, his parent(s) probably come from either Uzbekistan or Kazakhstan purely going off his name.

Beaucoup

U18s won there first game 2-1 against Spurs today, McAllister, Berry, Jackson and Williams all starting from the 16s

Connor C

It seems like it, his parent(s) probably come from either Uzbekistan or Kazakhstan purely going off his name.
It looks like he’s from Dagestan. Just had a quick look and his brothers a highly rated MMA fighter. Found a video that says he’s ‘Dagestan's next star’ or something along those lines.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It looks like he’s from Dagestan. Just had a quick look and his brothers a highly rated MMA fighter. Found a video that says he’s ‘Dagestan's next star’ or something along those lines.
He isn't Khabib's brother, is he?

Varun1

Not claiming to be a geography expert but always thought I had good knowledge on the subject... Except I didn't even know that there was a country by that name!

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Not claiming to be a geography expert but always thought I had good knowledge on the subject... Except I didn't even know that there was a country by that name!
The Republic of Dagestan is the southernmost Region of Russia. It has a population of almost 3 million, and borders Georgia, Azerbaijan anf the Caspian Sea.
It's name means mountain land, as it is situated in the Caucasus Mountains.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I imagine Shoretire and Hugill will stick with the U23 after this pre-season.

Questions still hovering around Hannibal and Elanga - surely they are too good for the U23s now. Do they go out on loan or get minutes in cup games this season?

Bertie Wooster

Yeah, the commentators referred to him as Russian, and talked about him being only 13!

For his age and, understandably, small size compared to the opponents, he didn't shy away from competitive battles and looked brave and technically competent on the ball. He played on the left wing, mostly cutting in on his right foot, and looked brave enough to try and make things happen on the ball. Very impressive young lad for his age and size.

lysglimt

Scout
Devine had a superb debut for St.Johnstone according to his own manager. He even won a penalty - which they missed. Match ended 0-0

Santos J

Devine had a superb debut for St.Johnstone according to his own manager. He even won a penalty - which they missed. Match ended 0-0
Nice game to ease him in, he'll be up against Falcao on Thursday in the Europa. :)

Connor C

Out of interest, what are everyone’s thoughts about the coming season for the academy (18s and 23s). How well do you think we’ll do in the league? How far can you see us going in the cups?

Mickson

Out of interest, what are everyone’s thoughts about the coming season for the academy (18s and 23s). How well do you think we’ll do in the league? How far can you see us going in the cups?
It all depends on who is going out on loan and who's not. I imagine the U23 will be midtable and U18 in the top, a bit like last season.

Bertie Wooster

It all depends on who is going out on loan and who's not. I imagine the U23 will be midtable and U18 in the top, a bit like last season.
Yeah, I think the U18's will be competing at the top again. I'm a little less confident about a potential Youth Cup win than I was last season - yet we should get further than last year if we can avoid the likes of Liverpool early on this time.

I think the U23's will struggle more than last season - unless the likes of Hannibal, Shoretire and Elanga are made available for decent lengths. The CM looks OK, but the defence looks light again and, although Hugill and / or McNeill should provide a good spearhead, I can't see our attack being as strong as it was last season when we featured combinations including Amad, Pellistri, Elanga, Hannibal and Shoretire in our most impressive displays.

Mickson

Yeah, I think the U18's will be competing at the top again. I'm a little less confident about a potential Youth Cup win than I was last season - yet we should get further than last year if we can avoid the likes of Liverpool early on this time.

I think the U23's will struggle more than last season - unless the likes of Hannibal, Shoretire and Elanga are made available for decent lengths. The CM looks OK, but the defence looks light again and, although Hugill and / or McNeill should provide a good spearhead, I can't see our attack being as strong as it was last season when we featured combinations including Amad, Pellistri, Elanga, Hannibal and Shoretire in our most impressive displays.
I agree with that, although I think we missed a decent striker in the U23 last season. But in that department, we will be stronger now with McNeill and Hugill both a year older. I also think that Shoretire and Hannibal will play a few games, especially Shoretire. We will miss the creativity and pace of Elanga though I will imagine. U18 is hard to judge, it all depends on who plays. We can get a pretty strong FAYC team with Hugill, McNeill, Hansen, Forson, Kambwala, Jurado, Garnacho. But maybe not as strong as last season. I imagine that we will be top 3 in the league though.

lysglimt

Scout
Agree. Impossible to say - it all depends on who gets loaned out. Our eligible U-18 players surely must be right up there, but it's safe to assume that the majority of them will play for the U23s
With Laird, Mengi, Fish, Bernard and Devine all loaned out - we don't really have any experienced defenders apart from McShane unless we start using Williams etc (which I hope not).

I generally think our players are too young to do really well both at U18 and U23 - but that is not that important at this level

khoazany

U18s will play a lot of first yeas and U16s and our first year group isn’t as strong as last season due to Brexit.

U23s will do okay. I think the key will be how to combine Hugill and McNeil. Midfield is strong.

Sea-Cow

Agree. Impossible to say - it all depends on who gets loaned out. Our eligible U-18 players surely must be right up there, but it's safe to assume that the majority of them will play for the U23s
With Laird, Mengi, Fish, Bernard and Devine all loaned out - we don't really have any experienced defenders apart from McShane unless we start using Williams etc (which I hope not).

I generally think our players are too young to do really well both at U18 and U23 - but that is not that important at this level
Agreed, but just don't want them to get knocked down to a lower group. Its much more enjoyable for them to play Pool and City.

lysglimt

Scout
A Swansea-site claims they are very close to getting Laird on-loan - and that they also want Garner.

Mickson

The U23 game against Kidderminster was on the MUTV schedule but now they have removed it. AGAIN. I don't want to sound like a bitter old man but what am I paying for!?

Santos J

Reece Devine's St Johnstone up against Galatasaray tonight, not sure if he'll start or if their main left back is back fit but should be a good watch.