Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Demaw

I'd say good for him, never understood him starting the 18's so hoping he can pick up a contract somewhere.

Mickson

Great to see United loaning out younger players to get first-team experience, like Norkett. Good for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wasn't expecting to see the name of Bamber Bridge in that article, it's down the road from me.

Hopefully he learns a lot whilst out on the initial one month loan.
Take it you're from the South Ribble area as well? I'm about 10 minutes away from Bamber Bridge.

Demaw

Great to see United loaning out younger players to get first-team experience, like Norkett. Good for him.

Mick, thanks so much for passing this on. It is always detailed and informative to hear our loanees are going.

Connor C

U15s Jaydan Kamason, Harrison Parker and Victor Musa started for England U16 3-1 win vs Turkey. Parker scored

Sea-Cow

Have the youths been shut down permanently or what? Any games on the horizon? Are they training, having friendlies? Any update at all?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Postponed now. Feck sake. I rejected sex for this. You can't really count on any game going through.
For an U18 game?! I hope you know how dodgy that sounds you reprobate.

KBA

Speaking about youngsters with long lasting injuries; does anybody know if Tom Jones and Ashton Missin are or have been injured? It seems that they both used to be quite a lot on the score sheets for the various academy teams - but apparently not much this last months.
Or have they maybe left the club?
I assume they would both have the age to play U16 by now…

Bertie Wooster

The U23's also played Monday night as well as the first team - so, of course, was yet another youth game not on MUTV.

They drew 1-1 at home to Spurs. Went ahead with a late Shoretire penalty but pegged with an even later equaliser.

Kovar
Jurado, Fish, Hardley, Fernandez
Svidersky, Hansen, Iqbal
Shoretire, McNeill, Garnacho

Subs: Mastny, McShane, Mainoo, Savage, Hugill

Bertie Wooster

The next scheduled youth game on MUTV (I've no idea about availability for foreign based viewers) is the FA Youth Cup game v Reading on Thursday night.

Fingers crossed that game goes ahead and that it actually gets shown on MUTV.

Sea-Cow

The U23's also played Monday night as well as the first team - so, of course, was yet another youth game not on MUTV.

They drew 1-1 at home to Spurs. Went ahead with a late Shoretire penalty but pegged with an even later equaliser.

Kovar
Jurado, Fish, Hardley, Fernandez
Svidersky, Hansen, Iqbal
Shoretire, McNeill, Garnacho

Subs: Mastny, McShane, Mainoo, Savage, Hugill
Has McNeill jumped ahead of Hugill? I thought last year it looked like the opposite.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The club does it again with a brilliant 2 minute highlight video of the u23s match against Spurs. Well worth the subscription to MUTV with such extensive coverage. Glad they don't bother publishing match reports anymore either as who needs them.

Demaw

The club does it again with a brilliant 2 minute highlight video of the u23s match against Spurs. Well worth the subscription to MUTV with such extensive coverage. Glad they don't bother publishing match reports anymore either as who needs them.
I wrote to them complaining two months ago about this issue and just got an email from MUTV asking what I want changed etc for the future. I kept mentioning this academy/23's stuff so hoping a few more of you did.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wrote to them complaining two months ago about this issue and just got an email from MUTV asking what I want changed etc for the future. I kept mentioning this academy/23's stuff so hoping a few more of you did.
I've emailed them a few times now, don't know if it's doing any good but if we keep voicing our concerns then maybe they'll do something about it.

Mickson

I had to go to the Spurs website to read. According to them, Spurs absolutely battered United. Haha.

Sea-Cow

Not even a match report is ridiculous.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I’m not holding out any hope for it changing.

I’ve asked and I’ve seen other people too ask them why they can’t just put the full matches on demand and they just said no. I’ve messaged them a few times before about the poor coverage and have even had one of the MUTV reporters message me and it’s always the same from them, it’s someone else’s fault. They just dodge the questions and blame external factors for everything. They take no responsibility for the terrible coverage so they won’t change anything unfortunately.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Speaking about youngsters with long lasting injuries; does anybody know if Tom Jones and Ashton Missin are or have been injured? It seems that they both used to be quite a lot on the score sheets for the various academy teams - but apparently not much this last months.
Or have they maybe left the club?
I assume they would both have the age to play U16 by now…
Seems like they're missin in Ashton. It's not unusual.

Demaw

I’m not holding out any hope for it changing.

I’ve asked and I’ve seen other people too ask them why they can’t just put the full matches on demand and they just said no. I’ve messaged them a few times before about the poor coverage and have even had one of the MUTV reporters message me and it’s always the same from them, it’s someone else’s fault. They just dodge the questions and blame external factors for everything. They take no responsibility for the terrible coverage so they won’t change anything unfortunately.
It's so annoying. I'd be happy to pay more to get better quality. I only pay $48 a year so a dollar a week with the MUTV app. I'm sick of 2-5 minute highlights with goals only and even 20 min academy clips. I don't understand how they can't put full games on and leave it for 2 weeks and take it down. Being overseas midnights kick offs are too late for me (old guy)

Bertie Wooster

Yep. I also kept stressing my preference for academy / U23 games and profiles above anything else.

I acknowledged that the reduced number of live games being shown had a lot to do with covid, or the movement away from Friday night U23 matches to the weekend meaning they now clash with PL games. But, in those situations, I asked for more delayed full match recordings, or at least extended highlights of those games, rather than just clips of the goals.

I don't expect any improvement though. Moving forward, I'm expecting more priority given to things like podcasts, shows with fans / celebrities, interactive features, etc. Rather than the more old school live youth football in front of small crowds. But I hope not, as the youth games are the main reason I get MUTV.

Demaw

Yep. I also kept stressing my preference for academy / U23 games and profiles above anything else.

I acknowledged that the reduced number of live games being shown had a lot to do with covid, or the movement away from Friday night U23 matches to the weekend meaning they now clash with PL games. But, in those situations, I asked for more delayed full match recordings, or at least extended highlights of those games, rather than just clips of the goals.

I don't expect any improvement though. Moving forward, I'm expecting more priority given to things like podcasts, shows with fans / celebrities, interactive features, etc. Rather than the more old school live youth football in front of small crowds. But I hope not, as the youth games are the main reason I get MUTV.
Totally agree Bertie, I asked literally all the same things. I also asked for some new docs like current players (Bruno etc would have a great story) academy coaches, academy kids and where they came from etc, Hannibal etc. Maysie's podcast with the 3 others is okay but pretty down the line stuff so gets boring.