Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

pascell

Both of their full backs being United players would be interesting haha.
It'd be interesting to see how they do, there's a lot of games to play in the Championship. With the signings PNE are making, their minimum should be a play off position.
How dare you come in here with your itk nonsense ;)
:lol: I'm just passing on information I'm told. Still haven't received my apology yet.
Bjorn Hardley is left-footed, so he would play left center back or left back. Same position as Alvaro, or beside him.
For some reason I thought he was a RB. I haven't seen him play much, just the game vs Young Boys and the odd youth game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Apparently Bjorn Hardley has been pictured at Deepdale, not sure if it's true but it would be a good move for him as PNE are in real need of a RWB.
I've seen conflicting rumours, some people have said it's Mipo Odubeko. But not sure that makes any sense either considering they've just signed Parrott.

khoazany

PNE should scoop Galbraith as well when they are at it

I don’t think Hardley is ready for Champo and he is with the 21s today for the friendly, so maybe it’s actually Bernard.

dr.twinny

I saw that too, they still want Archer from Villa so I cant see it being Odubeko.

Hasn't he only got a year left on his contract?
I'm not sure of how long he has left on his contract. I just thought the reason he wasn't brought on the tour was to stay behind and train, while working on any possible loan deals ala Fernandez.

lysglimt

Scout
Preston should be interesting next season - Alvaro, Josh Harrop, Robbie Brady, Matt Olosunde ....

Beaucoup

McAllister & Berry called up for England u17 for next week's Nordic tournament

Mickson

Why are we so slow with loans? Just read that Arsenal has eight players out on loan right now. The leagues have started. Shoretire wasn't on the tour because he was due to be loaned out and still isn't, so what was the point?

Red_toad

Why are we so slow with loans? Just read that Arsenal has eight players out on loan right now. The leagues have started. Shoretire wasn't on the tour because he was due to be loaned out and still isn't, so what was the point?
Maybe as Lego Pep has been in situ for over a year and we've a manager who spent about 5 weeks with some of the players and wants to assess them prior to sorting out who goes/stays. Bit of common sense and the answer is pretty obvious.

Mickson

Maybe as Lego Pep has been in situ for over a year and we've a manager who spent about 5 weeks with some of the players and wants to assess them prior to sorting out who goes/stays. Bit of common sense and the answer is pretty obvious.
Did you read my post? Shoretire stayed at home because he will be loaned out, and still isn't loaned out. Do you need EtH to say that Mengi, Bernard, Wellens etc will be loaned out? This isn't new. Happening every season. It's extremely rare that we loan out a player who can spend their pre-season with their new team, or even be there in time to start the new season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Did you read my post? Shoretire stayed at home because he will be loaned out, and still isn't loaned out. Do you need EtH to say that Mengi, Bernard, Wellens etc will be loaned out? This isn't new. Happening every season. It's extremely rare that we loan out a player who can spend their pre-season with their new team, or even be there in time to start the new season.
So your moan is about previous seasons? Fair enough. Not sure that justifies spending today spamming all the U23 player performance thread demanding to know what’s happening this season, mind you.

Red_toad

It's called forward planning, 2 and a half years beats 5 weeks. Ten Hag stated he wanted to work with the players to assess them. If it's happening next summer, then feel free to have a moan....

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's about past and present. Nothing changes.
We have a new manager. That’s a change. It’s also a perfectly valid explanation for the delay in getting a number of players out on loan this season. I’m sure Diallo’s crappy experience with Rangers will be front and centre when it comes to deciding what we do with our most talented players this summer.

jb8521

I doubt Shoretire will be loaned out before signing a new contract since his is up at the end of the season. Mengi & Bernard are injured & I don't think Wellens has had a loan offer yet that the club were happy with. From what I've heard there will be a few going out in the next week.

Mickson

I doubt Shoretire will be loaned out before signing a new contract since his is up at the end of the season. Mengi & Bernard are injured & I don't think Wellens has had a loan offer yet that the club were happy with. From what I've heard there will be a few going out in the next week.
Thanks for the update!

khoazany

Is there a chance he is not signing a new contract and is leaving permanently?
There always that chance.

Tbh Shoretire is in a quite tricky and awkward position with competitions from players around his age (Garnacho, Hansen etc getting first team debuts. Savage, Iqbal and Hannibal are only 1 year older) and he hasn't even nailed down a position.

I think generally we have too many young players on the fringe of the senior squad (only talking quantity wise) so there's really not a lot of luxury for the manager to give chances to everyone. Getting a loan is probably a right move for Shola as he's still 18 yo despite sounding like he's been around forever.

lenny_1248

I haven't actually heard anything recently but it wouldn't particularly surprise me
Well...
There always that chance.

Tbh Shoretire is in a quite tricky and awkward position with competitions from players around his age (Garnacho, Hansen etc getting first team debuts. Savage, Iqbal and Hannibal are only 1 year older) and he hasn't even nailed down a position.

I think generally we have too many young players on the fringe of the senior squad (only talking quantity wise) so there's really not a lot of luxury for the manager to give chances to everyone. Getting a loan is probably a right move for Shola as he's still 18 yo despite sounding like he's been around forever.
He might be a late bloomer, someone like Jesse.
He definitely needs a loan and I'd say he has to go abroad. Championship won't be a good idea right now.

Anustart89

Savage captaining the U21s against Arsenal, no Iqbal so expect him to be fully part of the first-team squad.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They’re not showing this on MUTV because of “Premier League restrictions”. Claim they’re not allowed broadcast these games when a PL game is in progress. WTF?!?
Was the same last year. Absolute bullshit rule.

Fanta Stick

I know I asked this question last year but I can't recall the answer for sure.

Do the respective clubs agree kick off dates/times between them? I think the answer was yes.

If so, why would they clash the games with PL fixtures so regularly?

Robbo*

I know I asked this question last year but I can't recall the answer for sure.

Do the respective clubs agree kick off dates/times between them? I think the answer was yes.

If so, why would they clash the games with PL fixtures so regularly?
seems bizarre. Surely there won’t be many/any people that would consider watching both, and even if some of those choose to watch 23s instead they’d already be paying the BT subscription today in order to consider watching the PL in the first place.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
MUTV don't have anything to do with the fixtures of course.

The PL now have games Friday night, midday kick-off and evening kick-offs on a Saturday and three games on a Sunday. There are virtually no windows when you can play on a weekend when it doesn't clash.

Therefore, all the two clubs can do is pick a mid-week date.

The rule has been in place for years but it was only discovered in the small print by some administrator who obviously wanted to have some form of control.

Crazy rule with no thinking of supporters, but when has that ever been a priority for the PL?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I can see we are 1 up but no idea on lineup or anything? Real shame we cant see these matches, love watching the unders, far more passion

Anustart89

I can see we are 1 up but no idea on lineup or anything? Real shame we cant see these matches, love watching the unders, far more passion
Line-up was posted on the app

Mee
Wellens
Fredricson
Hardley
Jurado
Savage
Gore
Forson
Hansen
Mejia
McNeil

Bench: Pye, Harrison, Mather, Aljofree, Mainoo

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
U/18 Pre-season friendly v Crystal Palace

Palace 0 United 2

Team: Wooster, Lawrence, Murray, Jackson, Bennett, Curley, Williams, Oyedele, Norkett, Moorhouse, Ennis

Subs: Nolan (7), Hanbury (1), Kingdon (5), Ogunneye (2)

Goals: Bennett ('44), Murray ('86)

IRN-BRUno

Can they loan more than 1 player from the same club?
Unless the rules have changed in the last couple of years I think EFL sides can have up to 4 players on loan from the same club with a maximum of 2 over-23.