Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Gungerz

Goalscorers against Vitesse were Forson & Collyer.

They lost their final group game 2-1 against Panathinaikos but are through to the semis nonetheless, where they will face Palmeiras. Mejia scored our goal in that game.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

They lost their final group game 2-1 against Panathinaikos but are through to the semis nonetheless, where they will face Palmeiras.
Fortunately for us Endrick is in the first team squad.

Gungerz

U15s played a friendly against the Independent Schools FA today & won 5-4 with a Majid Balogun hat-trick. Several first-team players watched as well.

top1whoisman

Scout
Our U14s are through to the semis in the Den Bosch tournament after beating Oostende from Belgium 1-0 in the quarters.

We’re facing Club Brügge in a couple of hours. Northern Ireland will play Aarhus in the other semi. Aarhus finished second in our group and knocked PSV out in the QFs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
U15s played a friendly against the Independent Schools FA today & won 5-4 with a Majid Balogun hat-trick. Several first-team players watched as well.

Is Balogun any relation to the Arsenal striker?

top1whoisman

Scout
Lost the semi 1-0. Third place playoff tomorrow against Aarhus who we beat 1-0 in the group stage.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
The U14s finish the Den Bosch tournament in third place after a 2-1 win against Aarhus today.

6 matches played
4 wins
1 draw
1 defeat
6 goals scored
2 goals conceded

Beaucoup

They lost their final group game 2-1 against Panathinaikos but are through to the semis nonetheless, where they will face Palmeiras. Mejia scored our goal in that game.
Lost the semi

Gungerz

Finished 3rd
Jurado scored the only goal from the spot in a 1-0 win against Panathinaikos.

The semi against Palmeiras was also 1-0, with their goal a penalty. United had a player sent-off towards the end after a big scuffle.

top1whoisman

Scout
Jurado scored the only goal from the spot in a 1-0 win against Panathinaikos.

The semi against Palmeiras was also 1-0, with their goal a penalty. United had a player sent-off towards the end after a big scuffle.
Jurado’s pen with half a Bruno hop.

Gungerz

Omari Forson was named in the Team of the Tournament.

Dan Gore, Elyh Harrison, James Nolan, Victor Musa & Bendito Mantato were also part of our squad. The latter would've been playing against players 4/5 years older than him in some cases.

Last edited:

Borninthe80ts

Omari Forson was named in the Team of the Tournament.

Dan Gore, Elyh Harrison, James Nolan, Victor Musa & Bendito Mantato were also part of our squad. The latter would've been playing against players 4/5 years older than him in some cases.
I’ve seen that Mantato has been included in England squads from his age group too. Impressive. Hope we see him in the under 18s regularly next season.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Just received this from my contact in Holland.

ICGT Tournament in Uitgeest. 25 mins each way.

Group A

Game 1- Manchester United 2 v FC Uitgeest 0

Team: Wooster, Jurado (Nolan), Murray, Aljofree, Ogunneye, Collyer, Forson (Musa), Oyedele, Wheatley (Mejia), Berry, Missin, (Williams)
Goals: Missin '29, Jurado (p) '34

Notes: Ogunneye played at centre-half, Missin on the left wing

Game 2 - Manchester United 2 v Vitesse Arnhem 0

Team: Harrison, Jurado (Musa), Mantato, Murray, Aljofree, Nolan, Forson, Collyer, Mejia, Gore, Williams (Oyedele)
Goals: Forson '24, Collyer '35

Notes: Mantato played left fullback, Murray at centre-half

Game 3 - Manchester United 1 v Panathinaikos 2

Team:
Wooster (Harrison), Nolan, Murray, Aljofree (Mantato), Ogunneye, Oyedele, Mejia (Berry), Missin (Forson), Musa, Gore. Williams

Notes: Nolan played right back, Ogunneye at centre-half, Mejia on right wing.

Semi-final - Manchester United 0 v SE Palmeiras 1

Team:
Wooster, Jurado, Murray, Aljofree, Ogunneye, Nolan (Wheatley), Forson, Collyer, Mejia, Oyedele, Missin (Williams)

Notes: Ogunneye played at centre-half, Nolan in central midfield. Ogunneye was sent off with about 10 mins to go for a late tackle.

3rd v 4th Play-off Manchester United 1 v Panathinaikos 0

Team:
Wooster, Jurado, Mantato, Aljofree, Murray, Oyedele, Berry, Collyer (Nolan), Wheatley (Mejia), Gore, Musa (Forson)
Goal: Jurado (p) '20

Notes: Mantato at left fullback, Murray at centre-half, Berry on right wing, Musa on left wing. Apparently it was a strange goal. United had a free kick near the corner flag and then after a minute or so the referee gave a penalty. Not sure why.

top1whoisman

Scout
Finley McAllister started and played an hour for England U17s who beat Switzerland 4-2 to clinch a spot to the U17s World Cup.

Borninthe80ts

Quite curious if Mantato will be developed as a LB or LW moving forward.
I’ve not seen him much, what are his best traits? We started playing with wing backs toward the end of the season so maybe he can develop both sides of his game.

Borninthe80ts

Just received this from my contact in Holland.

ICGT Tournament in Uitgeest. 25 mins each way.

Group A

Game 1- Manchester United 2 v FC Uitgeest 0

Team:
Wooster, Jurado (Nolan), Murray, Aljofree, Ogunneye, Collyer, Forson (Musa), Oyedele, Wheatley (Mejia), Berry, Missin, (Williams)
Goals: Missin '29, Jurado (p) '34

Notes: Ogunneye played at centre-half, Missin on the left wing

Game 2 - Manchester United 2 v Vitesse Arnhem 0

Team:
Harrison, Jurado (Musa), Mantato, Murray, Aljofree, Nolan, Forson, Collyer, Mejia, Gore, Williams (Oyedele)
Goals: Forson '24, Collyer '35

Notes: Mantato played left fullback, Murray at centre-half

Game 3 - Manchester United 1 v Panathinaikos 2

Team:
Wooster (Harrison), Nolan, Murray, Aljofree (Mantato), Ogunneye, Oyedele, Mejia (Berry), Missin (Forson), Musa, Gore. Williams

Notes: Nolan played right back, Ogunneye at centre-half, Mejia on right wing.

Semi-final - Manchester United 0 v SE Palmeiras 1

Team:
Wooster, Jurado, Murray, Aljofree, Ogunneye, Nolan (Wheatley), Forson, Collyer, Mejia, Oyedele, Missin (Williams)

Notes: Ogunneye played at centre-half, Nolan in central midfield. Ogunneye was sent off with about 10 mins to go for a late tackle.

3rd v 4th Play-off Manchester United 1 v Panathinaikos 0

Team:
Wooster, Jurado, Mantato, Aljofree, Murray, Oyedele, Berry, Collyer (Nolan), Wheatley (Mejia), Gore, Musa (Forson)
Goal: Jurado (p) '20

Notes: Mantato at left fullback, Murray at centre-half, Berry on right wing, Musa on left wing. Apparently it was a strange goal. United had a free kick near the corner flag and then after a minute or so the referee gave a penalty. Not sure why.

Appreciate this. Always enjoy the line ups. There’s a few players here I’ll be watching next season.

Gungerz

U15s are at the Marveld Tournament in The Netherlands. They play Palmeiras & PSV tomorrow, Barcelona, Ajax & Twente/Heracles on Saturday and then placement matches on Sunday.

top1whoisman

Scout
U15s are at the Marveld Tournament in The Netherlands. They play Palmeiras & PSV tomorrow, Barcelona, Ajax & Twente/Heracles on Saturday and then placement matches on Sunday.
Thanks for the heads up. Some decent academies we're facing :eek:

Gungerz

Squad Photo

GK: Cameron Bryne-Hughes, Zac Watson

DEF: Godwill Kukonki, Yuel Helafu, Bendito Mantato, Albert Mills, Rafe McCormack

MID: Jay McEvoy, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Rory Leech, Jariyah Shah

ATT: Majid Balogun, Neithan Barbosa, Noah Ajayi, Louie Bradbury

Only two I don't recognize are far right & the blonde lad in the middle.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Squad Photo

GK: Cameron Bryne-Hughes, Zac Watson

DEF: Godwill Kukonki, Yuel Helafu, Bendito Mantato, Albert Mills, Rafe McCormack

MID: Jay McEvoy, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Rory Leech, Jariyah Shah

ATT: Majid Balogun, Neithan Barbosa, Noah Ajayi, Louie Bradbury

Only two I don't recognize are far right & the blonde lad in the middle.
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.u...-talented-doncaster-rovers-youngsters-4059942
Seems all the three named here are going to this. Jariyah Shah is an Indian name!

Also Mantato playing in a u19 compeititon and then getting selected for u15 is quite impressive!

Gungerz

There appear to be livestreams for the Marveld Tournament, although I have doubts as to how good the quality will be. Nonetheless, first game is against Palmeiras at 16:30 on pitch 2.

top1whoisman

Scout
There appear to be livestreams for the Marveld Tournament, although I have doubts as to how good the quality will be. Nonetheless, first game is against Palmeiras at 16:30 on pitch 2.
Thanks, buddy!

I tried, but after a minuted I haven’t seen the ball once, so I think I’ll pass :lol:

Gungerz

Drew 1-1 against PSV. I think Kukonki scored our goal but difficult to tell as it was a bit of a goalmouth scramble.

top1whoisman

Scout
1-0 United at HT.

Scored from a corner, they left our player unmarked at the far post and he hammered a volley in the back of the net.

We've defended very well but from the challenging angle that the match is shot from it looks like our midfield is struggling with passing decisions and the quality of passing. We've mainly tried a few through balls but have lost quite a few balls under the press in midfield.

Whoever the tall, strong LCB is, he looks so composed and impossible to dribble past. Number 6 I think.

Gungerz

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. You wouldn’t happen to have our squad numbers, would you? :angel:
I think this is right.

1. Byrne-Hughes
2. Thwaites
3. Leech
4. Shah
5. Ajayi
6. Kukonki
7. Mills
8. Barbosa
9. McCormack
10. McEvoy
11. Balogun