Missing Princess of Dubai

edcunited1878

The elite, wealthy, and powerful families and rulers of countries have weird/odd/different stories to contend with compared with us 'normal' folk.

The Middle East countries such as Dubai and UAE have steep traditions and expectations/roles/labels of women in their societies, so that also puts a different spin on it.

It's obvious she's been through some traumatic stuff, but safe to say millions of other woman across the world have had it much, much worse than her, but they aren't profiled because they do have the same high-profile as the princess does. But it's an (elite) family going through family/societal issues in the public eye.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The elite, wealthy, and powerful families and rulers of countries have weird/odd/different stories to contend with compared with us 'normal' folk.

The Middle East countries such as Dubai and UAE have steep traditions and expectations/roles/labels of women in their societies, so that also puts a different spin on it.

It's obvious she's been through some traumatic stuff, but safe to say millions of other woman across the world have had it much, much worse than her, but they aren't profiled because they do have the same high-profile as the princess does. But it's an (elite) family going through family/societal issues in the public eye.
So you think it’s ok for her family to essentially take her by force in international waters, and keep her locked up? No one has heard from her in months, we don’t know if she is even alive anymore

edcunited1878

So you think it’s ok for her family to essentially take her by force in international waters, and keep her locked up? No one has heard from her in months, we don’t know if she is even alive anymore
It's obviously not okay for anybody to be taken against their will and then be locked up without merit. She's been trying to leave her birth country and family since she was 16 because she's fearful of her life? We all would like to know what is happening or what has happened to her, but it's near impossible to get anything out of these elite families and elite rulers of state.

The UAE has a terrible record when it comes to human rights...nobody is surprised by that. Bringing attention to this now would hopefully bring insight to her current well-being via tangible evidence.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
True, but I’d like to hear what people genuinely think about this case, it’s a bit weird
There's a pretty good documentary by 60 minutes Australia about her case floating about on YouTube. She has apparently been imprisoned in some way after she tried to escape Dubai and her dad sent paramilitary troops to find her on a boat in the Indian ocean. That was a couple of years ago iirc.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Know nothing of this. Is she the same who was on some airport using social media pleading for help about a year ago?

Edit, didn't she go to Canada, so probably not the same..

Doracle

Her sister apparently sought to escape in 2000 and hasn’t been seen in public since being “rescued” 20 years ago. Not a good situation.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Half the population the property of the other half, hidden/imprisoned in cloth bags. Stone age ideology with 21st century tech. How the west conveniently invokes cultural relativism on anything outside the west. Freedom for me but not for thee.. so much to be critical of

In isolation a sad story, many like it. Drop in then ocean, sadly.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder how many Redcafers googled her, had their search history cross referenced and Google suggested "did you mean Mia Khalifa"?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Some fairly trite comments in here. Terrible case - Mary Robinson does not come too well out of it, she was duped completely by the family. Hope she’s not making it worse in the docu. Any influence she has on the family she should use to get that woman out of there. The other sister was abducted in the streets of Cambridge and helicoptered to France and back to incarceration.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Britain will say and do nothing at all, there is too much of her fathers money tied up here for them to rock the boat.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The entire World are losing their heads over this.

The human rights record of this country overall means this poor woman's plight pales into insignificance.

Presumably, she has some mental health issues and instead of putting it in the open and giving her the best medical care and support, he's such a fecking dinosaur, he'd rather act like a cnut than actually, do the best by his daughter.

What an awful country, can't understand why so many people are so keen to go there.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

The human rights record of this country overall means this poor woman's plight pales into insignificance.

Presumably, she has some mental health issues and instead of putting it in the open and giving her the best medical care and support, he's such a fecking dinosaur, he'd rather act like a cnut than actually, do the best by his daughter.

What an awful country, can't understand why so many people are so keen to go there.
Because the people that are geuinely interested in living there (and not those that are using low tax to set themselves up for life on high wages), are the same people that take gym selfies and wear gucci bags with big fecking logos, drive maserati's and wear gold rolex. People with zero taste.

NYAS

Can’t imagine how confused you’d be when you hear people going to the US.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
UAE and Indian armed forces committed piracy in international waters to kidnap her. Feck all to do with her mental health and everything to do without him not wanting his daughter to have control over her life.

As you say UAE are a bunch of cnuts.

Deery

Dreary
If she wants to swap places with me I’d happily have the owner of Godolfin as my da and then buy United then run the club from my redcafe account..

tombombadil

Nothing new. Filthy rich scum who export toxic culture and terrorism then blame others for their toxic culture and terrorism. Now they blame the oppressed women for their own failings. "To protect them". What else is new? They are living proof that if you have enough money, even murder in broad daylight is legal.