Mistakes

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Make no mistake, I need Ole replaced asap but the mistakes this season hasn't helped us or him either.

Palace - Lindelof misses the header and Maguire is nowhere to be seen ( if he was covering for Shaw then shaw needs to be blamed for continuing after getting injured)

Southampton- Lindelof misses the man , DDG doesn't come out to get the cross.

Arsenal - Axel gave the ball away.

That's at least 5 points there.

Genuine mistakes ? We should probably lead the chart of "mistakes leading to goal" stats.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Giving Ole a full time contract.

Letting Ed Woodward decide who our next manager should be.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Make no mistake, I need Ole replaced asap but the mistakes this season hasn't helped us or him either.

Palace - Lindelof misses the header and Maguire is nowhere to be seen ( if he was covering for Shaw then shaw needs to be blamed for continuing after getting injured)

Genuine mistakes ? We should probably lead the chart of "mistakes leading to goal" stats.
Two penalties missed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The opposition have indeed been cruelly clinical in punishing our errors but that's what happens when the opposition have no fear when they play you, there's little pressure on the opposition when the gilt edged chances present themselves :(

Sylar

Pogba missing the penalty vs Wolves didnt help. That really should have been 2 wins out of 2. Maybe the mistake was letting him take it.

Against Palace, I reckon their winner is DDG mistake as well (after a mistake by Pogba to lose it but then there was still a lot that had to be done)

A-man

Well, that's a missed opportunity but does it really qualify as a mistake?
Does losing an aerial duel qualify as mistake? That is more questionable. For me a mistake is Tuanzebe’s pass yesterday or DDG letting a very simple shot go straight through him. Mistake and poor execution are not the same.

If losing the header against Vestergaard was a “mistake” I would say most teams are full of mistakes.

el3mel

These mistakes happen almost every game for every team, missing headers and conceding and stuff.

They seem bigger because we can't score more than a goal a game. If we were scoring 2 or 3 like any well coached and proper team, no one would notice these things.

But when you are struggling to score more than one goal you seem to think these mistakes keep costing you every game.

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

The biggest mistake we have no Plan B when opposition swarm in their own box or simple word lack of creativity to break down the wall

SteveW

We also lead the charts in missing penalties and sitters. We could easily have another 7-8 points. (that's not even mentioning the several poor refereeing decisions which have cost us points)

SteveW

Well, that's a missed opportunity but does it really qualify as a mistake?
A defensive howler costs us a goal. Missing a penalty costs us a goal. It's all the same imo.

(De Gea's maistake against Palace could be added too the OP also)

Walters_19_MuFc

As you said, there's mot much Ole can do about that. However, because we're very inconsistent and lacking quality in the final third, it means that mistakes made are often highlited because we dont create or score enough.