Mitoma

evil_geko

Wolves defence made that run look much better than it actually was to be honest.

yamo123x

This lad looks awesome everytime ive seen him, needs to improve his finishing, but realistically he is so much better than our LW options. Well 90% of Bighton's team are bettwe than our current crop

Oranges038

Wolves defence made that run look much better than it actually was to be honest.
Look at the difference in their effort intensity and desire compared to how they played against Utd.

Semedo back to his usual self, didn't give Garnacho a sniff, yet he lets Mitoma walk by him with barely a leg dangled out. The rest just watched him waltz through with no effort to stop him.

Chicharito_

Look at the difference in their effort intensity and desire compared to how they played against Utd.

Semedo back to his usual self, didn't give Garnacho a sniff, yet he lets Mitoma walk by him with barely a leg dangled out. The rest just watched him waltz through with no effort to stop him.
Garnacho wasn't a match for Semedo physically, Semedo was quicker and stronger which made it a lot easier to defend against. Mitoma burned Semedo for pace early in that game and from then he was terrified.

Oranges038

Garnacho wasn't a match for Semedo physically, Semedo was quicker and stronger which made it a lot easier to defend against. Mitoma burned Semedo for pace early in that game and from then he was terrified.
Actually I'd say Semedo just put in more effort to play better against Utd. We've seen him get done by loads of players since he's been in the PL. What he did there against Brighton is standard fair for him. But for one week he decided to play really aggressive and be strong, the next he's letting a player just waltz by him throwing out a token arm and then jogging back.

It's effort and application, the difference in the levels of intensity and aggression in those Wolves players 15 mins into a home game against Brighton compared to how they played for 90mins against Utd was night and day.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The thing with Mitoma is his contract is up in 2025 - just under two years left and apparently a new contract was offered a while back which remains on the table. Nothing has been signed. If nothing is agreed by next summer I can see him going next summer.

From a Brighton point of view, we’d likely end up taking a knock down price of around £80m-£100m rather than the expected £120m+ which would be a blow but I’m sure we’ll sort the replacement in advance.
£80m for Mitoma with a year left on his contract seems quite optimistic

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The thing with Mitoma is his contract is up in 2025 - just under two years left and apparently a new contract was offered a while back which remains on the table. Nothing has been signed. If nothing is agreed by next summer I can see him going next summer.

From a Brighton point of view, we’d likely end up taking a knock down price of around £80m-£100m rather than the expected £120m+ which would be a blow but I’m sure we’ll sort the replacement in advance.
Arsenal has Martinelli and Trossard
Utd has Rashford and Sancho
City has Grealish and Foden
Chelsea has Sterling and Mudryk
Liverpool has Jota, Gakpo and Diaz
Newcastle has Gordon and Barnes

Which big club who can afford 100m needs his service next summer? I can only see Utd if the coach decide to move on from Sancho.

£80m for Mitoma with a year left on his contract seems quite optimistic
Brighton is very good at getting big fee for their players. Nothing wrong with that.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I won't be surprised it goes up to a 100 by the end of the year, even with only one year left on his contract. All depends how many interested parties there are. I am not seeing it for Arsenal but maybe...

Pool, Newcastle or Chelsea or maybe even Man Utd. Spurs would be a possibility too, but maybe they don't quite have the money for it. Then again I would have said the same about Arsenal until fairly recently.

I think there was even a City rumour floating around.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I won't be surprised it goes up to a 100 by the end of the year, even with only one year left on his contract. All depends how many interested parties there are. I am not seeing it for Arsenal but maybe...

Pool, Newcastle or Chelsea or maybe even Man Utd. Spurs would be a possibility too, but maybe they don't quite have the money for it. Then again I would have said the same about Arsenal until fairly recently.
Arsenal needs a right winger to compete with Saka.

Trex

Could we swap Rashford for him?
I know this forum like to talk down Rashford but We'll be a worse team with Mitoma in place of Rashford, Mitoma is a few months older so its not like he's some youngster. Guy got 10 goals and 8 assist the whole of last season. Rashford got 30 goals and 11 assist and that's with Mitoma playing in a Brighton team that's more free scoring.

Patchbeard

I know this forum like to talk down Rashford but We'll be a worse team with Mitoma in place of Rashford, Mitoma is a few months older so its not like he's some youngster. Guy got 10 goals and 8 assist the whole of last season. Rashford got 30 goals and 11 assist and that's with Mitoma playing in a Brighton team that's more free scoring.
You could argue Mitoma is earlier in his career though as he studied (even writing his thesis on dribbling in football) before turning pro only 3 years ago aged 23. So it's not a stretch to suggest that he could have more longevity compared to Rashford who started so young.

I'm not shitting on Rashford by the way, just suggesting that as Mitoma has shown a continuous and rapid improvement since his debut in the Premier League only last season he is unlikely to be at his peak yet despite his age.

If either of them were are able to perform to the same level on the RW then he would be an amazing signing, but unfortunately I don't think that's the case as both love to cut in onto their stronger foot.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I don’t rate him highly enough to think he should be signed by us. Generally for a club with lofty aspirations, the wide men should be capable of playing as a CAM or Striker but he doesn’t like the type.

Nice player though

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
The best dribbler in the league is now also putting up good numbers. 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games, one of which he started on the bench.

Is it just me or is he decent in the air too? He seems to score quite a few headed goals for being a skinny winger.

Nickosaur

Great news for Brighton. He'll leave no doubt, but hopefully should be another £80m+.

Dannn411

Is it me or has his star faded a good bit the last 3 months?
Yep. Not as electric recently as we've become accustomed to. Sometimes even getting benched in some games. Brighton in general seem to have gone off the boil recently. They have been ravaged with injuries to be fair so might not be a long-term thing but they certainly don't look anywhere near as good as they did start of the season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah he seems to have dropped off massively this season.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
His drop in form seems to have coincided with Brighton's drop in form. If he turns out to have been carried by the team/system then Brighton may have missed out on a lot of money by not selling him in the summer.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Man has had to play wingback this season. Brighton has had some of the most injuries in the squad and have made more than double the changes to their starting lineup between games than the next team after them, both because of massive injuries and De Zerbi's FM like approach to squad rotation.

Zed is not dead

Is it me or has his star faded a good bit the last 3 months?
A player with only a good period of 3 months in his career not showing the same consistency the following season.
Who would’ve thought eh?

Not saying he’s not good, but people really went overboard with him at the end of last season

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
A player with only a good period of 3 months in his career not showing the same consistency the following season.
Who would’ve thought eh?

Not saying he’s not good, but people really went overboard with him at the end of last season
Me included, his dribbling abilities were out of this world at the peak of Brighton's great run, he has looked quite average for months now. Don't know if teams have figured him out or Brighton are just suffering heavily from their schedule and unable to play him in peak form and condition in his proper position. In the summer though, I'd have been happy for us to pay 70m for him to compete with Rashford.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
He hasn’t been quite himself since the last international break, looks a little scared to take on his man and has bottled a few 50/50’s of the type he was winning last season and at the start of this season. He has been nervous, looking for an extra pass when he should be shooting - just bad choices indicating low confidence presently.

He has played a lot of minutes and basically looked very fatigued for the last few months. Unfortunately our injury crisis has meant he has had to play as our other options are all injured.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that he is doubled or trebled up on and we haven’t managed that well when attacking. Estupinan’s injury has really hurt us, as we are woefully short at left back and Milner just doesn’t cut it. We’ve been playing either Igor, a centre-back or 18 year old Hinshelwood, a central midfielder, there.

His space and time on the ball was dependent on Estupinan’s attacking play and runs, and without him he has looked a little lost. They have a great understanding.

He is now injured for six weeks, joining newly injured Simon Adingra, Ansu Fati and Solly March as our other injured wingers. Add to that Veltman, Webster, Estupinan, Enciso and Welbeck (now returned) and we’ve struggled a lot for players.

Redstain

The other thing I’ve noticed is that he is doubled or trebled up on and we haven’t managed that well when attacking. Estupinan’s injury has really hurt us, as we are woefully short at left back and Milner just doesn’t cut it. We’ve been playing either Igor, a centre-back or 18 year old Hinshelwood, a central midfielder, there.
That's the key, for the same reason Martinelli or Saka haven't hit double figures for goals as opposed to last season, opposition teams make adaptations that restricts the influence of key players. Really only exceptional world class players have the same success from season to season irrespective of tactical changes, but the modern game is so condensed it's difficult without the manager making changes to the shape and structure when beginning a new campaign.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He hasn’t been quite himself since the last international break, looks a little scared to take on his man and has bottled a few 50/50’s of the type he was winning last season and at the start of this season. He has been nervous, looking for an extra pass when he should be shooting - just bad choices indicating low confidence presently.

He has played a lot of minutes and basically looked very fatigued for the last few months. Unfortunately our injury crisis has meant he has had to play as our other options are all injured.

His space and time on the ball was dependent on Estupinan’s attacking play and runs, and without him he has looked a little lost. They have a great understanding.

He is now injured for six weeks, joining newly injured Simon Adingra, Ansu Fati and Solly March as our other injured wingers. Add to that Veltman, Webster, Estupinan, Enciso and Welbeck (now returned) and we’ve struggled a lot for players.
IMO it's a natural career deep. Last season was insanely long with world cup in the middle. Yet he played full time for y'all and Japan hardly getting injured. Now he has been double and tripled teamed without help from fullback to escape markers. I expect him to be back to his best after rest. Plus especially the return of Estupinian will help