MLB 2019

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
How common is a whopping like this?
Baseballs are manufactured differently nowadays. So while they're not necessarily "juiced", we're definitely seeing more home runs the past couple seasons. Even then, this is a pretty high scoring game. I mean 23 combined runs in the bottom of the 5th is highly uncommon.

Man of Leisure

It shouldn't be going to extra innings by the look of it. The Yankees are seriously working the Redsox pitchers, so innings do go on a bit.
Don't think this is going to extras either. :lol: The 9 pitching changes along with 24 combined runs understandably explains the snails pace of the game.

Sylar

What a mad game

Little disappointed had to miss the game though my brother is there ...

Affirmation

I'm supporting my team the Yankees but it's been great to see all these major American sports come across the pond for games in this country.

Carolina Red

Staff
Baseballs are manufactured differently nowadays. So while they're not necessarily "juiced", we're definitely seeing more home runs the past couple seasons. Even then, this is a pretty high scoring game. I mean 23 combined runs in the bottom of the 5th is highly uncommon.
That’s a lot to do with a massive change in how hitting is coached.

It used to be “aim top half of the ball and swing down on it” now it is largely the opposite.... I hate it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...s-story/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.52338478ef19

Man of Leisure

And a nice DP to end the 4 hour 42 min marathon (2nd longest 9 inning game ever). :lol: Fell 3 minutes short of the record set by the Yanks and Red Sox back in 2006.

Last edited:

Man of Leisure

Carolina Red

Staff
Yup, not really a fan of all the launch angles and exit velocity metrics myself. Baseball used to be a simple game.
Indeed. I modeled my hitting mechanics after Pujols. In his prime, folks would tell him he’s a “home run hitter” and he’d correct them and say those were line drives that he missed on.

Launch angle is even trickled down to the high school levels of the game. It’s stupid... 5’5” 130lb kid swinging like he’s Aaron Judge :houllier:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Is this the first time MLB has gone across the pond? The fact they've sent over Red Sox and Yankees tells me they're really banking on the UK interest. Definitely will be seeing more of this I imagine, similar to NFL. Difference being, NFL usually sends over shitty teams like the Raiders and Jags.
Much easier to give up 1-2 home games from 82 in a season than 1 home game from 8. I do not blame any NFL club for refusing to go overseas during the regular season.

Mani

So it's between Astros and Nationals, nationals are in better position to win this though Astros had home advantage.

MarylandMUFan

So it's between Astros and Nationals, nationals are in better position to win this though Astros had home advantage.
Going into the series, nobody thought the Nats were in a better position than the Astros but they certainly are now. Cheapest standing room tickets are $1,300 (including fees) for tomorrows game in DC. Glad I got my tickets before the series started.

Mani

Going into the series, nobody thought the Nats were in a better position than the Astros but they certainly are now. Cheapest standing room tickets are $1,300 (including fees) for tomorrows game in DC. Glad I got my tickets before the series started.
Now Nationals with clear advantage and no way they are going to blow this away.Glad you got the ticket enjoy the game.

Mani

This National team is something special,Rendon deserves lot for credit for his G6 and G7 performance.Strasburg winning the MVP.

MarylandMUFan

Unbelievable. First team in major US sports history to win 4 road games in a best of 7 championship series (MLB, NHL and NBA). Doing that while coming from behind in all 5 elimination games they were in is truly amazing. DC sports teams usually blow leads and break our hearts. It's awesome to be on the other end of this.

Mani

Looks like Astros team had been fecked up with this sign stealing thing.

Mani

Yankees sign Gerrit Cole for 324 M nine year deal, highest for the pitcher, their Starting rotation looks far better now.

Mani

Yeah they look favourite but for me their infield looks shaky, With Didi gone and Torres at SS don't know what to expect. Dodgers are in better position than Yankees, they should have picked Rendon but still it doesn't look bad, now they might go for Bumgarner.