MLB 2022

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Thoughts on this?

“I am aware of the interference rules, but I don't know them to a tee the way [third base coach Dusty Wathan] does. I learned afterward that if the intent of the runner is not to score from the get go, then I would have been out. So as I’m rounding third, [Wathan] says, ‘Don’t stop! Don’t stop! You’re going to be out, but don’t slow up!’ Props to him for knowing exactly what the rule is on the fly.”

Sounds pretty stupid to me. Beyond the fact it's right in Garcia's fielding path - and hence he's trying to make a play - no way Hoskins is running to home otherwise.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

I just love Alejandro Kirk, he looks like someone that a coach said will never be good enough to play any sport, and then decided to be a pro baseball player :D
Just love watching him at bat and running :lol:

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Damn, that looked horrible. Thankfully I see it's only a left ankle sprain, the way that folding in the video looked like he snapped it. Such a great player to watch, wonder how long he will be out for.
Initial assessment was 6 to 8 weeks which is typical for that kind of injury.

Leg-End

Ohtani is just unreal isn’t he, Angels might as well throw the kitchen sink to keep him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Finally have Wander & Lowe on the same field together. Now we just need our pitching staff to heal a bit more, KK too.

Leg-End

Aaron Judge !!!
He's going to get paid. I hope the Yankees do what's required, I think Judge is likely to decline well before his next deal ends but it's worth it for his peak years, the Yankees can win now and should act appropriately.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Nice to see the Mariners showing some fight in Anaheim

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He's going to get paid. I hope the Yankees do what's required, I think Judge is likely to decline well before his next deal ends but it's worth it for his peak years, the Yankees can win now and should act appropriately.
It'll be interesting to see what they come back with. The $213 7 year deal they offered at the end of last season was more than fair I thought.

A 10 year $360m contract - which he wanted - represents an incredible risk for a player who will undoubtedly decline and has some injury concerns.

Granted their hand might be tied as there's not many decent RF's available in the off-season, though Mitch Haniger wouldn't be a bad choice.

Leg-End

It'll be interesting to see what they come back with. The $213 7 year deal they offered at the end of last season was more than fair I thought.

A 10 year $360m contract - which he wanted - represents an incredible risk for a player who will undoubtedly decline and has some injury concerns.

Granted their hand might be tied as there's not many decent RF's available in the off-season, though Mitch Haniger wouldn't be a bad choice.
He’s going to have a few suitors and he holds all the cards with his year so far. I reckon 8 years base with maybe a couple years options with decent buyouts gets it done. Can’t forget Ohtani enters the market soon too, he’s going to break all the records.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He’s going to have a few suitors and he holds all the cards with his year so far. I reckon 8 years base with maybe a couple years options with decent buyouts gets it done. Can’t forget Ohtani enters the market soon too, he’s going to break all the records.
Soto is a free agent the same year. They'll both obliterate the records

Leg-End

Who was the first player to receive a ridiculous contract, was it A-Rod?
I think it probably was yes. You could argue older contracts broke the market but A-Rod’s had two pretty ridiculous contracts in terms of annual spend.

Bobby Bonilla still has the best “contract” in history though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think it probably was yes. You could argue older contracts broke the market but A-Rod’s had two pretty ridiculous contracts in terms of annual spend.

Bobby Bonilla still has the best “contract” in history though.
What was his?

He also apparently decapitated a cat with a chef’s knife.

Leg-End

What was his?

He also apparently decapitated a cat with a chef’s knife.
“After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million.”

Dudes getting a million a year well into his 70’s.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
“After his subpar 1999 season, the Mets released Bonilla, but still owed him $5.9 million. Bonilla and his agent offered the Mets a deal: Bonilla would defer payment for a decade, and the Mets would pay him an annual paycheck of $1.19 million starting in 2011 and ending in 2035, adding up to a total payout of $29.8 million.”

Dudes getting a million a year well into his 70’s.
I will never be an athlete, but if I am I want that guy as my agent. This Friday is Bobby Bonilla day by the way if you want to celebrate.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...ll-star-1-19-million-a-year-until-hes-72/amp/
This is absolutely mental. :lol:

You can say a lot of things about the Glazers, but I don't think they've invested club money in the most infamous ponzi scheme in history and I don't think we're still paying Andrei Kanchelskis.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Nice to see the Mariners showing some fight in Anaheim
Nice to see actual punches in a baseball "brawl." This one had all kinds of craziness. Separate fight incidents, an injured player putting his hand into the approaching player's face setting it off, flipping off the home crowd, some lunatic clearly on roid rage throwing sunflower seed bags on the field instead of going to fight the other bench (after being "held back" by his mates when he had the chance - 9:50 mark). Bizarro stuff.

Full clip below.