MLS 2020 Season

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
New MLS season kicked off earlier today.

Colorado beating DC in the first match.

TFC up against SJ in 30 minutes. Bradley out injured still for 1-2 months after surgery and new signing Piatti also sidelined.

FéNaSeleção

I’m happy the new season has started, yet every year I fall into the same trap: watch a ton at the beginning yet completely abandon it by the time playoffs happen.

Glad to see Chicharito playing LA, should bring some star power to the league.

Lastly, I’m afraid the league is growing too quickly. Got 26 teams now and the attendance figures vary greatly - Atlanta at 52k per match yet Chicago has seen a large decline to 12k.

Philadelphia vs LAFC has to be one of the greatest MLS games I've ever watched. Amazing advertisement for the league.

Still depressed from Josef Martinez's ACL injury, what a loss for Atlanta and the league

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Got season tickets to Chicago Fire this year now that they will be playing at Soldier Field. Not expecting a lot, but could hardly go wrong with seats that are 3rd row from the field at midfield for $25 a game :)

MarylandMUFan

Got season tickets to Chicago Fire this year now that they will be playing at Soldier Field. Not expecting a lot, but could hardly go wrong with seats that are 3rd row from the field at midfield for $25 a game :)
Wow, that's great. I want to go to more games here in D.C. but it's too damned expensive. Around $75 for any seat that's under cover and at least $25 to park about a half mile away at Nats park. By the time I am done, it's easily a $250 outing for just 2 people.

poleglass red

Wow, that's great. I want to go to more games here in D.C. but it's too damned expensive. Around $75 for any seat that's under cover and at least $25 to park about a half mile away at Nats park. By the time I am done, it's easily a $250 outing for just 2 people.
try stubhub, you'll get around $20 tic for DC games, even with added fees to be paid, still come under a lot less than you're paying

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Curious to check if Erik Sorga can make an impact. Quite surprised with his move but I guess it's better than moving to a relegating battle side at Serie A or Ligue 1.

mazhar13

I don't know how Cincy got that one wrong. Was someone trying to play a joke?

On a side note, it'd be cool to see Jaap Stam in MLS. His Reading side was fun to watch. Cincy will become a more entertaining team in MLS for sure.

I don't know how Cincy got that one wrong. Was someone trying to play a joke?

On a side note, it'd be cool to see Jaap Stam in MLS. His Reading side was fun to watch. Cincy will become a more entertaining team in MLS for sure.
He wasn't always great in Eredivisie and play declined after that first year at Reading but I'm excited to see what he can do. Cincinnati messed up everything possible in their first season, and even with the short term contracts common in MLS their squad still needs a lot of work. They added a lot of mid-uper tier talent in attack this year in Kubo, Regattin and Locadia but their defense and midfield still looked pretty terrible in those first two games. They'll be entertaining both ways I guess, that's become the norm for quite a few MLS sides recently. Their new GM looks like a good talent identifier but the whole Jans debacle and first season mess will leave its mark.

poleglass red

Interesting choice. Liked his spell at Reading in the first season, his team played well and he said all the right things as a manager. Went downhill the next season. The Feyenoord spell wasn't good, but in fairness to him, he didn't get any of the players he really wanted in the transfer window, and he lost key players through injuries. The thing we haven't seen him do is bounce back though at his clubs once the tide has turned, be that from getting sacked or walking away. Cincinnati will be a tough club to manage in that they don't have a top team, they will lose games esp at the start. Hopefully he can see the challenge through but history suggests he won't. Maybe with more experience now and less expectation/pressure we will see a better version of him. His experience in the Ajax system is a great background for playing good football with what you have. I hope he does well, I like his persona and I loved him as a player.I think at this stage Cincinnati need to let him implement his plan, and give him time to do it.Interesting to see Gerard Nijkamp as general manager, of course he worked with stam previously at PEC Zwolle.